Which beach resort for a family - kids ages 7 - 18

Cruizn Is Fun

I've been viewing comments made about the various activities on Cozumel. Our cruise makes it's stop to Cozumel the 11th of Oct. There are 8 of us including children ranging in age from 7 to 18 so we'd like to hear your recommendations. I've heard some resorts offer diving. Some of us dive, so that may be an option, but we'd like to stay together as a family for the most part.

Thanks

Both economically and overall, I recommend Paradise Beach Club. There is no entry fee. You can just buy a bracelet for $8 each to use the water toys; floats, ice berg, trampoline, kayak, etc. If you don't want to use these toys, you don't buy a bracelet. They also offer a Snorkeling boat trip. This way some can stay on-shore and some can go out to sea. Tom relies on drink and food consumption to make a profit and keep his beach club as beautiful as it is. Enjoy

Just wondered if you know how long the snorkel trip from Paradise Beach is. Where do they take you. How is the snorkeling? What is the cost of the trip? We've been to both Paradise Beach and Chankanaab Park. Didn't know about the boat tours for snorkeling. I was thinking since the coral reefs at Chankanaab apparently took a beating with the Hurricane, it may not be the best right now. Thanks for your help.

We just got back from Cozumel on the Grandeur of the Seas. The BEST day of our trip was the day we spent at Paradise Beach. The place is beautiful, the food is great and the staff is outstanding. My wife and two young daughters has a blast. We played on the iceberg, jumped on the trampoline and snorkled. The place was very safe and comfortable. We ate fantastic food and enjoyed the view. The staff was attentive and not pushy.

The only problem was that we did not have enough time in Paradise.

The 4 Baers......

Hola,

We have been to Chankanaab Park and Paradise Beach and had a ball at both. Since you mention youngsters, though, I would have to vote for PB. They run a class act and have lots of water toys for the young people. Access to the water is easier than at CP and the food and service is good.

Can you tell me more about the snorkeling at Paradise Beach? Water depth? Are there life jackets? etc// I'm new to this and we'll have three kids with us (ages 3, 7, and 9) Also, how safe is the water trampoline and iceberg situation??? Thanks a Bunch!!

Can you tell me more about the snorkeling at Paradise Beach? Water depth? Are there life jackets? etc// I'm new to this and we'll have three kids with us (ages 3, 7, and 9) Also, how safe is the water trampoline and iceberg situation??? Thanks a Bunch!!
The beach has a gradual slope and is mostly sand. The snorkeling is not as good as an ironshore (rocky) area, but the access to the water is easy for small children, and you can see some small fish around the pier that runs out from the beach and in a couple of rocky areas. The water toys are not close to shore and I don't know about the lifejackets. For those that want to snorkel the reef, PB has a boat tour that takes you to either Columbia Reef or Palancar.

Can anyone help me with this? Tom are you there?

• 3 weeks later...

I,too, would like more info about the snorkeling boat tour from Paradise Beach. Where does it go, when does it go, how long does it take, how much does it cost?????

We(family of 4) went to Chan.Park last time and had fun snorkeling there, but may be interested in somewhere different if it sounds good.

Thanks PB Tom/whoever if you can help with this info.

I,too, would like more info about the snorkeling boat tour from Paradise Beach. Where does it go, when does it go, how long does it take, how much does it cost?????

We(family of 4) went to Chan.Park last time and had fun snorkeling there, but may be interested in somewhere different if it sounds good.

Thanks PB Tom/whoever if you can help with this info.

You might want to read the Paradise Beach thread that is located in this same board area. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=373526 Yes it is long, but does have lots of information.

Thanks Clackey.

What about PlayaMia? Do they offer that much more than PB to justify the higher cost?

I would equate Playa Mia to be more of a "party beach" and Paradise more of a "family beach". Any time a facility offers "all you can drink" (like Playa Mia) there will be a number of folks who think they have to "really get their money's worth".

I want to say it is the Fury Catamaran that takes you snorkeling for $35.00 a person. They leave from Paradise Beach at a specific time. (12:30 is coming to mind) Tom...where are you when we need you?? LOL

The best thing about Paradise Beach is:

1. the wristband is optional. We are a family of four. Our oldest son always gets the wristband and has a ball. Our youngest son is a special needs child and just enjoys playing in the sand, so he does not buy the wristband. Hubby and I don't do the water toys, so we don't buy wrist bands. So if your family has those who "want to" and "those who don't want to" No Problem!! The wrist bands also include the use of snorkeling equipment for the younger folks who may not be ready for a $35.00 a person boat snorkel, but want to give it a try around the beach area. You pay a $10 deposit that you will get back when you return the equipment. True you don't see much, but it is a great way to introduce snorkeling to younger ones!

2. it is family oriented. Yes, there is alcohol (thank goodness) but not an "all you can drink until you fall down" atmosphere. The restrooms are clean. The service is tops. And the drinks...oh my goodness...are they wonderful.

There are also all kinds of things you can do like parasailing and waverunners close by.

We will be there October 11th as well...on the Miracle. Have a wonderful cruise and a great beach day in Cozumel!!

Sorry! This thread must've slipped through the cracks!

The trampoline is in about 6-7 ft of water and the iceberg 1n 7-8ft.

The snorkel trip leaves Paradise Beach at around 12:30pm (CST), lasts about 2 hours

and costs only $35USD per person, $25USD for kids under 12. You are taken to

the 2 best snorkeling reefs in Cozumel, Palancar and Columbia. You get one hour

total in the water and about one hour of travel time. You don't need to buy

your own snorkel gear, quality equipment is included on the trip.

The vessel is a beautiful 65 ft catamaran with plenty of shade below and plenty

of sun on the 2 decks. The supervisor onboard will provide you with

instructions on how to use your equipment and the guides in the water will give

you any help that you require and lead you along the reefs. Complimentary soft

drinks and purified water are always available along with Lime Margaritas after

you're done snorkeling!

Getting in and out of the ocean is easy with the stairway that gets lowered down

at the snorkel site. Or if you prefer, you can always jump in off the side!

After you finish exploring the reefs you can rinse off with fresh water, grab a

cold drink and check out the flying fish (and dolphins if you're lucky!) on the

ride back!

have fun!

Tom,

Is the fare back to the ship in Peso's or US Dollars... what should a car of 4 cost each way? I remember reading 2 years ago about a guy who felt ripped off.

Depending on which dock you are coming from ...Taxi fare for 4 one way should by $12 - 14 American dollars one way. No more than that.

Tendering comes in downtown which will cost you more than if you are coming from the newly reopened Punta Langosta pier. But 12 -14 American should be pretty close!! Again, that is ONE way for the whole taxi (not each person).

Archived