Galveston Restaurants

davidBZ

I've been doing some research on restaurants in Galveston and came across a very good resource:

http://www.galveston.com/cuisine/

You can find .pdf's of menus for most Galveston restaurants here. Some that have gotten good reviews are Mosquito Cafe, Guido's, Casey's, Saltwater Grill, Clary's, and Rudy & Paco. All of their menus are on that site.

Hope this helps any of you looking for a good place to eat before or after your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been there yet, but I hearing good reviews for Pic's on 45th Street. It certainly isn't inexpensive, but those who have been there thought it was worth it.

I second the recommendation for Gaido's or FishTales for seafood.

We love Mosquito Cafe and Rudy & Pacos and, for Italian, both Luigi's on the Strand and DiBello's (a real Galveston experience) are good.

Can you tell we're real "foodies"?

Try Clarey's in Galveston for some fine dining and seafood. Its located on Offat's bayou just off I-45S after you cross the Causeway. I think it is on Teichman Rd. When crossing the Causeway into Galveston look to the right and you will see the Galveston Daily News, white building with large black roll up storm doors. Clarey's is located just behind that building, it is a good idea to call for reservations on the weekend. $$$$

.....I will second the motion for great food at Rudy and Pacos.....they also serve mojitos, if you are a fiend for the mojito!!! We also like Willie Gs, Saltgrass is really good for steaks......and The Steak House inside the San Luis Resort if for really great steaks!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The original Mexican Cafe is the only Mex restaurant we will eat at in Galveston! There are a couple of others, but they are more touristy than I like. Also, someone mentioned Shrimp and Stuff. BEST FRIED SHRIMP ON THE ISLAND!!!.

Singaree over at Crystal Beach on Bolivar (take the ferry) has great sea food. Caseys by Gaidos was good, too.

If you want some good TexMex, the Original Mexican Cafe is great.

Never ate there' date=' but at least you can smile and wave to the folks back home on the webcam! [img']http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif[/img]

Click here: http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

Kat, what would you suggest for Sea Food? I miss being able to get the "Good Stuff" here in Big "D" (Denton that is, swimming holes and no movie stars :p) North Carolina will spoil you when it come to that ;)

I live in Houston and we will sometimes drive down to watch the sunset and have supper. And I *highly* recommend Casey's. It's right next door to Gaido's .... [Grampa] Gaido shares kitchen space in the back with [grandson] Casey! The main difference is the atmosphere [and of course, the $$!]. Gaido's is formal and Casey's is more casual. The food is always wonderful. Let's see .... in the past, say 20 meals I've had in Galveston at sit-down restaurants, 19 of them were at Casey's! And, the night we were at another [un-named] restaurant, as I ate, I was wishing I was at Casey's! <G> Can you tell I really think highly of it?! ANy time friends or relatives are visiting, we always take them there.

Hope this helps. Tris Z

Archived