Couple Mairner Questions please

frogfuzz

-Are there DVD players in the cabins?

-I am assuming there is a stocked mini fridge, can we ask that standard stuff be removed and stocked with large quanties of what we want?

-2 formal nights for 7 nts correct?

-A crown & anchor question thrown in , if we have left over (from another time )coupons for like buy 1 /free drink, can we use 2 on a cruise or only one per cruise?

Any secret tips would be much appreciated.

No DVD players, unless you are in a big suite!

You can have the contents of the fridge removed and put your own stuff in.

2 formals per 7 nights.

No one ever checks the coupons--use as many as you would like--maybe you'll find some left in a drawer from the folks before you!!!!

Happy cruising!

DVD's / CD player with surround sound in Grand Suite and above.

We have contents of fridge removed and temp adjusted up when we arrive. We usually have our own 'stuff' we put in. I do not think they will randomly stock with what you request, but your room steward will be able to tell you. You could always order a ton of what you want from room service the first day to have on hand as needed I guess.

Ask for larger ice bucket than the norm 2 cup size that is standard with the room.

Coupons, we always end up with a bunch left over that we forget to take with us to cash in. Not sure how close they check, but if you the same user I cannot imagine it would be an issue (spend it then or spend it now - it all goes in the same till against your name). Now if your using someone else's, that will open up a whole can of worms on this board. . .

On one of the formal nights we find that a good time to go to the specialty restaurants - still dressed up, just not to the dining room. Makes it an even more special evening.

Just something to keep in mind about the mini-fridges. They are stocked with soda, but you DO have to pay for it. It's 1.50 per can, plus the standard gratuity.

I tend to drink a lot of diet Coke, so have the room steward remove the regular coke and add some more diet stuff.

They do change the coupons up occasionally. And they have different cruises for shorter cruises and longer cruises. I had leftover coupons from my Brilliance cruise that I used on my Serenade cruise a week later, plus some of my tablemates gave me some of their coupons to use. But the very next week on Monarch, I had a completely different book of coupons.

I am going on the Mariner on October 15, 2006. This will be my second cruise with the first one being Empress of the Seas in March. I have a couple of questions.

My flight lands in Orlando at 9 am. If I go directly to Port Canaveral do they let you go to the ship or do you wait outside? What is the earliest you can embark?

Is there a self laundry room on board?

Anyone has the menu for Portofinos or Chops? I am trying to decide if I want to make resevations. Also can we make reservations prior to boarding the ship?

Any suggestions on transportation from the airport to Port Canaveral?

Anyone knows of a guide/personal service on St Thomas or St Marteen? I would like a private tour.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks:)

I am going on the Mariner on October 15, 2006. This will be my second cruise with the first one being Empress of the Seas in March. I have a couple of questions.

My flight lands in Orlando at 9 am. If I go directly to Port Canaveral do they let you go to the ship or do you wait outside? What is the earliest you can embark?

Is there a self laundry room on board?

Anyone has the menu for Portofinos or Chops? I am trying to decide if I want to make resevations. Also can we make reservations prior to boarding the ship?

Any suggestions on transportation from the airport to Port Canaveral?

Anyone knows of a guide/personal service on St Thomas or St Marteen? I would like a private tour.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks:)

You won't be able to get on the ship before 11 am, so you may have a brief wait at the Port before boarding.

Getting to the Port is fairly easy. Many people rent a car. Budget and other rental agencies have drop points right by the Port, and they will run you over after you drop off your car. It's a straight-shot 45 minute drive from the airport to the Port. You could even head over to the beach and spend some time there before you go to board the ship!

If you don't want to rent a car, do a search here on the boards for names of shuttle services. There are many available.

There are no self-service laundry facilities on Mariner. Laundry and pressing service is available at a reasonable cost. The prices are available at Royal Caribbean's web site.

Do a search here for the Portofinos and Chops menus. You cannot book in advance - but you can phone from your stateroom as soon as you board, or you could also just stop by as there will be people available to take reservations at the restaurants on Sunday afternoon. You do not need reservations for Sunday evening.

We're on Mariner for the second time next week. You will love her - she is a beautiful ship!

teodolinda - I am on the same cruise with you! There are four of us flying in to Orlando airport, arriving at 9:25am. We are taking Art's Shuttle, and the quoted costs will run about $20 per person one way. When we actually schedule this, we will also schedule the return shuttle for $20 each. We did not want the hassel of shuttle to rental car, drive to drop off rental car office, shuttle to ship. We get on the shuttle and we are at the ship! This is my second time on the Mariner, and 3rd time out of Port Canaveral this year. Usually, I am inside by 10:45am, but could be as late as 11:00.

The dry cleaning and/or laundry service is about no more than one would normally pay. They also do pressing or steaming for suits and formal wear for a reasonable fee. (I do take my travel steamer with me!)

It seems Chops is not quite as popular as in the beginning. Last cruise, our group of 6 walked up to see about reservations, and we were seated! I have to admit, the $20 is well spent here to me. I absolutely love the service and the food!

We are coming in from Atlanta, where are you coming in from? Have a safe trip. Have you signed up for our meet and mingle? Hope so, will see you there!

Archived