Help !! Too many.........

sdear

clothes and shoes ! I think I am wayyyyyyyyy over packing for this cruise ! I try and try to remove some things...then I think I can't live without them.

I am going to need a moving van to drive to Miami ! :D

It's better to pack too much than too little! You are not getting on a plane, so don't worry about it and take it all! We were on Mariner in April and I took one large and one small suitcase (DH did the same) and I had 16 pair of shoes (13 of which were flip flops) and about 5 outfits that I never wore, but I must have options when I am getting dressed!

I'm going to be in big trouble in May when I have to pack for our Alaskan cruise!! All those winter clothes make the suitcase so heavy!!!

One of the things I did a little differently last cruise is had two different pair of dress pants that I wore with different tops. I am not one to reuse clothes without washing them but I changed into comfortable after dinner clothes and was only in dress clothes for a couple of hours. Remember also they do have laundry you can send out for key pieces.I also made sure I did not over pack the suitcase, leaving room for things I might want to buy. My last trick I learned from this board. Instead of using the new under things we buy, use your old ones and then toss them out as they are worn leaving the new things for when you arrive home. Now I need to go pack for my cruise. I hope I can keep repeating this to myself LOL:D

Been there done it!!!!! But not this time. I packed some many things on my B2B (14 day cruise) i could of stayed for 2 months. No more, im leaving 15 days for another 14 day cruise and this time 3 pair of shoes not 23, and mix and match tops with pants, instead of 40 capri's 20 sun dresses 4 gowns,6 purses, and not counting the 10+ bathing suits. I Don't Think so!!!!My clothes don't need to go on vacation...I DO !!!!!!!! I didn't wear or use 3/4 of the things packed. Then to top it all off had bought more clothes on the islands. When you pack and weigh your suitcase and its 49.2 lbs and the max is 50 lbs, it can get difficult when coming home with more than your brought!! I had to literly throw things out, such as tooth paste, shampoos, lotions etc, just to fit the rest in my luggage. I know how you feel that you need it but honestly you won't! I packed and repacked 1 month prior to my lasy cruise, and I didn't want to part with leaving any of it behind. You can go crazy trying to figure it out. It's a vacation...NOT A FASHION SHOW or BEAUTY CONTEST...so this time I will make due with one less suitcase and more room in the cabin!! Good Luck and have a GREAT CRUISE!

After many cruises, the first ones taking everything in my closet and not wearing 90% of it, I think I am finally getting the hang of it.

Basically my entire evening wardrobe is black. Black pants with a nice top, or black capris with a nice top. Even my formal outfits are black. So now I bring 1 Dress black shoes and 1 more casual black shoes. I layout each outfit, mix and match including all jewelry etc. DH and I are actually sharing one large suitcase this cruise and each bringing a carryon.

Daytime you practically live in a bathing suit, so leave most of the daytime outfits home.

If you feel the urge that you need to bring everything you own , then do it, but keep track of what you actually wear and WRITE in down so you don't make the same mistakes twice.

I just "counted" how many outfits for dinner...then tops...then pants....and I only removed one shirt hahahhaa :D I have two formal outfits...one dress pants with tops to match.......and way too many capris and tops.

I have shoes for each formal....shoes for my dress pants....and sandals..not to mention water shoes.

I am doing much better dwindling my hubby's clothes lol.

Then, of course :D , I have snorkel gear, portable ipod speakers for balcony music, a mini drug store lol, camera stuff, and lord knows what else.

I think I can do 3 large and one small suitcase.

I can't imagine packing for a 14 day cruise...or alaska !

GO BUCS !!!!!!!!! :D

If you can fit it in the suitcase, go ahead! So what!? If you should spill something, tear something, decide you hate something, or plain outgrow something, you'll have options! Especially if you're not dealing with the stupid airline rules, go for it! Take your closet--you're allowed 200 lbs each!!!! You go girl!

Archived