Football coverage on ships crazy husband

sha88

Look, my husband is driving me crazy about being on a ship on a football Sunday (you would think it was Super Bowl the way he is carrying on, but it is October 8th on NBC - Steeler game at 8:15pm). Anyway, is there any coverage of NFL games on ships?

First, he has known for almost a year that we will be on this cruise, he also knows that we have late dinner seating, but I told him, if he can find football on TV or Siris radio, he could do that and I'll go to dinner.

At any rate, I told him I would ask you good people here, so here I am. I like football ALOT too, but is this ridiculous on his part :eek: ?????????????

Can he watch the Steeler game on the ship? (We will be arriving Bermuda the following day on Monday)

We were on two cruises last year during football season... both times we got the games from a direct satellite feed. In other words, no commercials. During commercials, the camera would pan the stadium and you could hear the announcers getting ready for what they would say when they got back on the air.

Since you say the game is Sunday night, it'll be the only game televised so they should have it on television. The only thing I would question is if the ship will get the reception right outside Bermuda. We were in the Southern Caribbean on our cruise when we were able to watch the games.

Tim

As a huge STEELER fan I can tell you we have watched quite a few games on our cruises. I think you will be in luck since it is a Sunday night game. We arrive home to Pittsburgh on the 8th following our 10/01 cruise.

Enjoy!! By the way I don't think your DH is crazy!! :D

Cindy ;)

I actually called RCCL about this as we are cruising the first week in December on the Freedom with a group loaded with both Eagles and Steelers fans. Our teams are playing on Sunday at 1:00 (Steelers vs Bucs) Sunday night (Eagles vs Pathers) and Thursday night (Steelers vs Browns) that week and everyone wanted to know if they could see their games. I was told that if they were nationally televised games they would be on the cabin tvs and would be on the tv in the Sports bar on the promanade.

And if you think your husband is football crazy get a load of this one.........In January 2005 we were flying to Tampa to stay a couple of days pre cruise at the beach and our flight was during the Steelers vs Jets playoff game. My brother (huge Steelers fan) spoke to the flight crew when we were boarding and asked them to announce the score of the game during the flight. It was a Pittsburgh based USAir crew and they did it for us! He then overtipped our van driver who got us out to the Sheraton Sand Key in time to eat wings and beer watch the end of the game at the bar (driver included)!

No ABC, NBC, CBS. That is what Jewel had in Europe, so our Cavaliers playoff games were not televised. We learned for crew & the concierge who checked sports on his computer that Cavs were 3-1 the first 4 games against Detroit, then lost it to them. My Cavs sweatshirt was a favorite with guys from all over the world who loved Lebron James.

Hi, all. Thanks so much for the responses. Fred was happy to hear that it is a good possibility that we may see the game and I guess he is not as crazy some, but pretty close :D . I'll hope for the best!!

Cindy, have a GREAT cruise on October 1st!

Archived