Serenade JS 1100?

Dorie7

I am booked for Alaska for next May in a JS 1100, which I understand has a good size balcony. However, I am worried that it is on one corner of the back. Will I be able to see both sides of the ship from this balcony? Or should I change to D1 9260 (available and more centrally located on the back)?

Thank you for your opinions,

Dorie

You will have a fine view. But, just so you know, if you stay planted on your balcony, you will miss sooooooo much! You really need to get onto the upper open decks--that way you can view from every available point on the ship. Balconies are great, and I wouldn't sail without one (or a JS , for that matter, ) but to really experience your cruise you MUST get out of your room!!!!!!

We had this room Christmas 2005 ... and loved it! You can see everything that other aft balconies will see. We had an aft balcony middle on deck 7 in Alaska and the views were the same...absolutely amazing. If you want to see some pics from the balcony, go to this website http://community.webshots.com/user/kmb5387 I have room pics, balcony pics all throughout the albums.

Keep 1100 -it's our favorite of all time on any Radiance class ship! The balcony doesn't truly wrap around the hull of the ship, but you get great views to the rear and to the side. I don't think being located in the center of the stern will enhance your views, and the JS is a much nicer cabin than the D-1.

Thank you for your replies! I think tjhat I wil keep the 1100.

Nerak, the balcony looks great! Thanks for the link to your pics! It was great fun to look at them. Do you remember if there was a walk in closet? I think that I read somewhere that JS rooms had those.

Thanks again,

Dorie:)

Dorie7 - We also had JS 1100 on Serenade for our Alaskan cruise and it was absolutely our all time favorite. The corner balcony is awesome. Keep it! We also had the best stateroom attendant we've ever had. His name was Carver. He told us as we were standing on our balcony together that was the first time he had ever seen snow!! I've always wondered if he is still on the Serenade. Enoy!

I was wondering, can you hear the noise from the Windjammer?

Not much. There's an outdoor seating area directly above the cabin, so you might hear bits of conversation, but that's. And the WJ tends to close down early unless there's a midnight buffet going on (we had a chocolate one on our Radiance Alaska cruise), so that will keep noise to a minimum.

One thing to know is that, if you're standing at the railing of the balcony, people above you can see you from the waist up. So don't go wandering out there in the buff unless you want to be the show!:eek:

KPGclark,

I'm excited too! :D I've been wanting a cruise to Alaska for several years now. It's exciting to think that it will come true at last!

Critterchick,

I'll be careful to resist stripping while on the balcony!!:eek: Thanks for the heads up! I wouldn't want to scare anyone!

Thanks, everyone for your encouragement!

It seems like this will be a grreat cabin.

Dorie:)

Archived