9-11 In rememberance

MrsMoose2001

In rememberance to those who passed, and to those who may have lost and to those who survived this traggic day 5 years ago. And to those who helped and to those who prayed. And to those who are still fighting

Thank you!

I remember and I will never forget, May we always be strong, United We Stand.

MrsMoose..thanks for the post...

Be well everyone and tell your loved ones you love them

today.

And for all the posters on here with kids...hug your

kid today too.

Thanks for posting MrsMoose.

I didn't go down to the WTC site, but the presence of our 9/11 tragedy filled the air today.

A friend and I walked down Park Ave and we got a clear view of the spot where the towers once stood. She said to me that the weather was just the same as it was on 9/11 and we both got an eery feeling.

It was a very quiet day here in NYC.

Jane

So just my own personal experience (because I will never forget it...)

I lived and worked in Manhattan for 5 years, and even though I had a big pay raise and job upgrade coming up...

I just felt the "vibe" that I "had to" move back to LA, in August, less than one month before...

I still worked with my clients, and was dealing with all of them (and my friends from NY) on an "independent contractor" status...

I was on a call (early in the morning) when it happened...

We thought it was an accidental plane crash...

Then, (while watching on TV and being on the phone with various NY clients), the second plane happened...

Because of the "tied up" phone lines, or whatever was going on in Manhattan that day...

None of the people I knew could call or get through to their friends or family (and also didn't know what was going on - I was literally reporting to people there from the news/TV from LA)...

So, I spent literally the first 24 hours (and the next few days) relaying information on people, to their friends and family...

For some reason, they couldn't call (at that point) within Manhattan or the area, but they could call me in LA, and then I could call their friends or family...

I spent two days relaying phone calls and information on various people's whereabouts and information (as a lot of my friends, were stuck and trapped in Manhattan and couldn't get "home" to the other boroughs or Long Island or New Jersey)...

Now...

For me personally, my friend (from California), her husband was on Flight 93, so I know all about the specific heroic actions that ALL of the people on that flight did!

Any of the various movies and tv films about that, are very accurate...

I have two friends that (at that time) worked in the WTC...

I am "blessed" in the fact that...

My one friend, woke up, and had the flu, so called in sick and didn't go to work...

My other friend, missed the train, so didn't get to work...

Then I have a lot of friends who actually lost friends and family...

(that was the most difficult part of my day 5 years ago.... Some people I was able to "find" and get hold of for them, to let them know they were "somewhere" and safe, others...

They were "gone" so no way...)

I'm sorry for "venting" my experience, but it is very close to me, as I was actively involved...

Rough day, remembering the difficulties and emotional torment that were going on that day...

CJW

Thanks to the hosts for not pulling this thread.

Our hearts were broken that day, but I do feel that we came ahead as a stronger country. Our hope is that some day, we can find and live together in peace with these people who wish us harm.

We will never forget.

My husband and I visited Pearl Harbor the next August (2002), it had such a different feeling for us than it probably would have a year earlier.

My thoughts are with the survivors, family and friends who lost loved ones on that terrible day.

Archived