?Enchantment itinerary changed??!!

ptandjo

I paid the final expenses for our cruise today (EOS 11/20) and in my pre-cruise excitement I pulled up our reservation on RCI's website. Well, to my suprise the itinerary has changed! According to the site, we won't be stopping in Belize, but instead going to CocoCay?! I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a flip-flop on ports this far ahead of their cruise? I would expect it due to weather, etc., but was suprised to see the change. I am EXTREMELY disappointed about this, as I was looking forward to cave-tubing & zip-lining!!! What are the chances that this is just a screw-up on the web-page, or am I just wishful thinking?

Nope, it's correct. They switched Coco Cay for Belize for some of the Fall itineraries. They started with the last two sailings in August. We were one of the last one's to go to Belize in Aug. Have no clue why they did this. There was much speculation, but no definative answeres.

So sorry you will miss Belize. It's one of our favorite stops.

Enjoy,

I heard that belize is being phased out because of the high crime rate. I had a cruise booked on legend going to Belize and DH asked us to cancel it because of belize. He does not go and it would have been the girls and I and he felt it to be unsafe. SO that is what I heard as to why the itinarary is being changed and is supposedly being phased out.

After alot of internet surfing to "get to the bottom" of the itinerary things, I thought...duh, call RCI and ask them! So I did, and on the Nov 20 voyage it is still porting in Belize! Woohoo!! Anyhow, we will see if it holds true in November:)

I'm pretty certain the change took place during the summer. The last 2 sailings in August through November were changed to Coco Cay. Then the December cruises (we are sailing 12/04/06 and would be very happy with either port) are again scheduled to stop in Belize.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but that CSR from RCCL may not have all the information. I would go with what the cruise docs say, but have a back up plan for the other port "just in case"... but that's just me ;)

Good luck, and I hope you get the port you want!

A~

Just got off the Enchantment and was told that because of the stretch..the ship is now really too big to dock in Key West. They didn't say when the change was going to take place though.

Also, the time spent in Key West is a joke. Most places don't open until 11am

You need to be back on the ship by 1:30...hardly enough time to explore and shop..I was really sad:(

Even though i live in Fl...it is too far to drive to KW, so I'm looking into a diff. cruiseline that stays longer...sorry RCCL

Katie

Hello,

This is only my second post. My first one was asking for suggestions for excursions in Belize with two young boys because we are going on the Enchantment on Nov. 20th also. Now I read your post and I am confused as to where we are going. I was looking forward to seeing Belize.

Just got off the Enchantment and was told that because of the stretch..the ship is now really too big to dock in Key West. They didn't say when the change was going to take place though.

You need to be back on the ship by 1:30...hardly enough time to explore and shop..I was really sad:(

Even though i live in Fl...it is too far to drive to KW, so I'm looking into a diff. cruiseline that stays longer...sorry RCCL

Katie

You might want to check your information about the docking in Key West. The Enchantment is currently scheduled into April of 2008 to stop in Key West. Plus a couple of the Radiance Class ships port in Key West.

I just got off the Enchantment yesterday. The ship did not seem to long for the dock in Key West. Both Gangways were open.

Katie

RCCL has other ships that go to Key West, including Majesty of the Seas.

You might want to check your information about the docking in Key West. The Enchantment is currently scheduled into April of 2008 to stop in Key West. Plus a couple of the Radiance Class ships port in Key West.

I just got off the Enchantment yesterday. The ship did not seem to long for the dock in Key West. Both Gangways were open.

When we were on enchantment in July we docked in Key West with no problems.. arrived at 7am amd departed at 2 pm.. all aboard was 1pm. we did many things in a short amount of time. Took the trolly where you can get on and off as you like, (that was our transprtation to avoid taxi fares) , went to the hemmingway house, climbed the light house tower, went to the butterfly farm, and browsed some shops. I liked KW, but really would have enjoyed more time there.

Archived