Your Favorite Foods on RCCL

Carol51

The vidalia onion tart is to die for!!

I also love the spring rolls w/peanut sauce...I could seriously drink the sauce.

The vegetarian chili that comes out w/a piece of cornbread plopped on top.

....and all the chilled soups that they should really just serve w/a straw and optional rum are just divine! :D :p :D

Laura

For those that do the Atkin's diet to drop some weight before a cruise, some of the things that you have denied yourself over a couple of months prior may seem to be better than they really are. BUT, I gotta vote for all of the different types of rolls and breads that they serve in the DR as my pick(s).

When you stop and think about it, the food overall is very good considering the staggering amount of diners that they serve at every meal. Having worked in the food service industry, I know that it isn't easy to get all of that food to the tables at the same time in the exact way that it should be delvered.

Also, it is nice to try things that I normally don't get at home like the Vidalia Onion Tarts and Lobster Bisque. I wouldn't have thought to order that in a restaurant but was pleasantly surprised.

Dan

The chocolate creme brulee is not to be missed. They serve it in the dining room at lunch. You can ask your waiter to snag one for you at dinner though. I first has this tasty treat on the Vision last December. On my last cruise this past June I mentioned to our waiter that I loved the creme brulee. Well, the next night she had saved four for our table from lunch that day!

Also, the duck is awesome as is the lamb shank. Don't miss the roasted garlic soup and the red pepper hummus!

Mmmm . . . can't wait for December!

Vidalia Onion Tart is a favorite of mine and of course escargot...Later, Jill:cool:

Oooh that Onion Tart is delicious! We just returned from a cruise on the Serenade and the items that stuck out in my mind as wonderful also include:

creme brulee

crab cake

calamari

the duck

carmel banana split

rasberry cheesecake

the house vinegarette salad dressing

And actually all the desserts were so delicious, I don't think I could pick a favorite!

I absolutely LOVED the pumpkin apple soup that was served on the last night of our cruise on AOS. It was a hot soup and mmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good! :p

It's my favorite too. I wonder if we can find the recipe!!! It would be wonderful in front of the fire this winter yum!

Wow! I didn't expect RCCL to have such great Starters and desserts! Now all I have to do is figure out how to fit about 15 entrees, 14 starters and 15 desserts into a seven day cruise. Guess I better lose a few pounds before cruising.

I was especially grateful for the information on the Vidalia onion tart, the cold soups and the escargot. I always order the escargot when available, but I'm really looking forward to the onion tart and the cold soups - which I would not have known about.

My DH doesn't care as much about food as I do - so he'll think I'm crazy when he hears I already have a list of food that I don't want to miss.

Shrimp Scampi and Chocolate Cake

Thanks - this is the first entry (I think) showing shrimp. Since there were so many great appetizers, I figured I would forget the shrimp cocktails, but shrimp scampi sounds great. and definitely going to have some chocolate cake - it seems to be a real favorite.

Oh man I LOVE flourless chocolate cake. It's my all time FAVORITE dessert. Question...I know the Sovereign has a different menu then other ships (or so I've heard?) and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if they serve the cake? And the onion tart? And the apple soup???? THANKS!

Archived