What "odd" things do you look forward to when cruising?

cruisin_cutie

Hubby and I love the first early morning with coffee on our balcony, in our jammies, the sun glistening off the sea, watching us pull into our first port of call.

I have done it many times and still get chills each time.

kathyanddick

ps..........also love the dinner chimes on Holland America.

When we cruised on Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda, I loved watching the channel on the tv that showed the course the ship was on so we'd know how close we were getting. Also, we had an early tee time and one day so we ordered our breakfast for the next day on our tv. IT was fun deciding what to have and when to have it delivered. OK, we did so much more than watch the tv, but this thread was for what unusual things we liked to do. 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

So many things come to mind on this one.

Arriving at the port and seeing the ship that willl be our hotel/transportation/restaurant for the duration

The first morning at sea with hot coffee on the balcony with my wife

Exploring the ship on boarding day

Watching new cigar smokers while I enjoy my own and offering a light with my butane lighter and sharing stories

that first double dessert in the dining room(yummy)

Seeing my wife on first formal night(yummy)

No matter how bad things may get the sea always makes them better:D

I can't believe nobody mentioned they like standing in the nude on their balcony in the middle of nowhere......naturally I'm referring to the open seas with no other ship around. Maybe everyone here travels with their kids? Mine are grown and own their own..hehehe

Anyway, it's the best feeling to be one with nature:)

Though I see pictures of the ship on the internet and in the cruise book, I always love the bus ride from the airport or hotel to the cruise port.

My heart pounds, my eyes are scouting from one side of the bus to the other waiting to finally catch that first glimp of that huge vessel waiting to take you away from the business of life! And once I see it, it seems like the most beautiful sight in the world.

My next favorite thing to look forward to is the walk from check-in to my first step on board into the atrium. I still remember all this from my first cruise and it is a memory I never want to forget!

I can't believe nobody mentioned they like standing in the nude on their balcony in the middle of nowhere......naturally I'm referring to the open seas with no other ship around. Maybe everyone here travels with their kids? Mine are grown and own their own..hehehe

Anyway, it's the best feeling to be one with nature:)

LOL! Sure hope you look UP before you do that to make sure the next level up isn't set back from YOUR balcony and you're giving away a free show!:eek: :D :D :D

Well, I forgot to mention...it's only at night time when everyone has turned in for the night. I'm not that brave to try it during the day...LOL! Besides, I here the ships have cameras all over the place. I guess nobody else what to fess up....lol.

Regina

All the things you all mentioned have almost brought tears to my eyes as i sit here at work at 5am. I just went on a cruise in May and i'm planning another one for June 06 - but after reading this post i need a cruise NOW!!!!! :)

trying to put my finger on that one thing i look forward to though i would say taking pictures!!! I love to have the photographers put me in different poses and then i always make up crazy ones that everyone copies from me on other nights :p its all so fun fun fun!!!

must get back to work!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I like being able to drink to excess and never being asked to drive the ship.All year long I always have to limit my partying for fear of DWI. At sea I can be rediculous. I like that twice a year.

I am with you on this one. Carefree indulgence huh?! AHHH, the Martini BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help, I am in withdrawels!;)