Time spent on Cruise Critic Message Board

BillyMetz

I too spend a lot of time reading these boards most every evening after dinner. I'm not much of a TV watcher and would rather spend my time learning about cruising (i.e. tips, secrets, saving $, etc.). I found this board when planning our 3rd cruise and it definitely made a difference! As previously mentioned, the time spent here pre-cruise is a part of the overall cruise experience.

Thanks to all for sharing!

intothevoid that was too funny. Hi my name is Bill and I am also an addict.

barbargrace I spend a lot of time on the Roll Call board as well as the Ports of Call page. I have my FOS cruise posted on Roll Call and spend a lot of time talking with my fellow cruisers. As rascalious said I also consider this part of the cruise, and usually become friends with a number of people before I actually meet them in person on the ship. I don't know if it is the same for you guys but after spending months on here planning for the cruise I go into a bit of depression after it is over. They take forever to get here but then once you are on the ship in no time it is over. Is there such a thing as post-cruise depression?

Hi, my name is Fran and I'm an addict. :D I got onto this board just after returning from our second cruise in April, reading a review of the same cruise which was quite critical. So I wrote a review, then started checking out the threads. August I had major surgery, and the only thing I could do for a couple of weeks was use the computer propped up on the bed. I think CC saved my sanity in some respects. Now we have another cruise booked, we're on a Roll Call, and have already connected with people who are in the stateroom next to us. I've learned enough out here that our TA says I should go to work as a cruise agent - he says I have more enthusiasm than any of them.:D:D

Fran in Toronto

Let's see I'm watching the Travel Channel program on the Voyager, while I catch up on new CC posts. Am I addicted to CC or just cruising? :D

I started reading CC a couple of weeks before our first cruise. It really did help to get organized before that 1st trip. I lurked for almost a year, before I started posting.

Hey Billoh, just peeked at your Eastern Caribbean pics. They are great! Had a question about the waverunners. Did you ever tip them over or fall off? I've been wanting to ride them, but have heard bad stories.

Thank you. I/We did not tip them over, but some did. We were experienced wave runner riders, but that was on the relatively calm lakes of Ohio. The ocean was somewhat choppy and the ride was real work. But we loved it. They take you on a single file ride down the coast and back. IF someone falls, the chain stops. The couple in front of me hit a wave and launched the machine about 8 feet into the air where they bailed off. Quite spectacular to watch, they did come out of it safe.

Lets just say a day can NOT go by without checking this board.

I NEED MY "DAILY FIX". :)

Even when I'm cruising I'm telling people about this board.

I'm suprise when I meet people on the ship who have never heard of the "Cruise Critic Board"

This is a great board with great people and lot of information.

For ALL of us Addicts..Maybe we need a suport group meeting.. :)

Hi my name is Liz and I am CC addict ! But I don't want a 12 step program to stop. Just more cruises and info about cruises !

Like many on here we my DH and I have very stressful jobs. When we are on a cruise we totally relax and my cell phone does not work!!!!! So to get by between cruises I come here. I re-live our past cruises and dream of future cruises . Love the board ! :D

Guilty as charged! I as well am a CC addict. Can't let a day pass without checking to see what is 'happening' here! I lurked for a long time before my first post and learned so much from everyone. There are some real experienced people here!

:)

Guilty as charged! I as well am a CC addict. Can't let a day pass without checking to see what is 'happening' here! I lurked for a long time before my first post and learned so much from everyone. There are some real experienced people here!

:)

Yup, I'm an addict too. I even was checking the boards when I was on my cruise!

To AMA22: cruiseclues is another website that covers all cruiselines/cruiseships. It's very informative. All ships are listed in alphabetical order in the left hand column. Just click on your ship, and you'll find link to stats on the ship, virtual tours, photo albums, and even links to CruiseCritic message boards that are pertinent to your ship of choice!

Just add the dot com to cruiseclues, and you're set!

Have fun!

Archived