Time spent on Cruise Critic Message Board

BillyMetz

I was cheerfully wondering about something the other day. We booked a cruise about a year ago for a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in March of 07. We made the reservation way back when the ship was in the beginning stages of construction. As with all our other cruises we book many months in advance because we enjoy the planning part very much as well. During the wait I spend a lot of time on this message board reading reviews, discussing the upcoming cruise, and generally joining in cruise discussions. I just wondered the other day if I could go back and add up the total amount of time (minutes and hours) that I spend on here discussing the cruise if it would add up to more than the actual cruise will be. A 7 day cruise adds up to roughly 168 hours on the cruise. I have no doubt that I have spent or will spend at least that much time at Cruise Critic over the year and a half lead up to the cruise. That is crazy but a lot of fun as well. Anyone feel they do so as well? Of course those of you who I envy that are able to go on cruises much more frequently than I am able probably don't equal the time.

Never thought about it that way. To me this IS part of the cruise. The folks we have met and chatted with everyday for the past year will all come together next week on the AOS. Time well invested! We have shared so many ideas and arranged tours together. It's just part of the cruise experience for me. I wonder how folks cruise (knowledgeably) and never research these threads. It really pays to do ones homework, finding out about airfares, cruise price reductions, RCI coupons, taxi fees, etc, etc.

I couldn't even fathom a guess. Probably 15 hours in a 24 hour period, well, at least it feels like it. First thing in the morning, log on, go to work, try to log on, get home from work, log on, after dinner, log on... well, you get the idea. :)

I remember being the same way, but I didn't discover this forum until about 5 months before my cruise. From then to the cruise the info here was great. Now, after my first cruise, and waiting on the 2nd, my time here is much more in fun, keeping track of Freedom, and now adding my "experienced" :cool: opinion.

I am on here all the time! Right now I am at work and I should NOT be on here! I keep telling myself that I am wasting my time...I have other things I should be doing...BUT I keep logging on - sometimes 3 times or more a day! Most of the time I just leave it open but minimized on the bottom of my screen so I can pop it open, refresh and see what's new!

I need to join CruiseCritics Anonymous! ;)

It's good to see that there are others out there like me. I found out about this site 3-4 months before my first cruise and I have visited, probably everyday, since. The only days I can remember not being on cruise critic is when I was on my cruise.

I am one of the many who log on when at work and when at home. My friends say I talk to my "cruise friends" more than I talk to them. Thanks to you all for letting me know I am not alone.

To get back on the subject/topic my first cruise was a 4-day and my next cruise is a 4-day also so I do believe that my time on Cruise Critic surpasses the time spent on the actual cruise.:D

I was cheerfully wondering about something the other day. We booked a cruise about a year ago for a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in March of 07.

I have no doubt that I have spent or will spend at least that much time at Cruise Critic over the year and a half lead up to the cruise. That is crazy but a lot of fun as well. Anyone feel they do so as well? Of course those of you who I envy that are able to go on cruises much more frequently than I am able probably don't equal the time.

Have you discovered the roll call board yet?? Click here: Roll Calls - Freedom of the Seas - Cruise Critic Message Boards Plan on spending LOTS of time on that too AND don't forget about the mix and mingle sign up...did you do that??

I am still talking to friends I made on the EOS roll call from June!

Enjoy!!

Well put it this way..since I discovered this site only a few days ago when I got off my last cruise, I havent left yet LOL I check in multiple times during the day and spend many moments during the day pre-planning and dreaming of my next cruise by checking out cabin availability, pricing, deals, etc. :D

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! I'm online at work right now!:) I bring my own notebook because that's the only way I can log on!

By the way, I'm excited that my picture was chosen for the community page!

It's the Grandeur passing beneath the Chesapeake Bay Bridge!:D

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! I'm online at work right now!:) I bring my own notebook because that's the only way I can log on!

By the way, I'm excited that my picture was chosen for the community page!

It's the Grandeur passing beneath the Chesapeake Bay Bridge!:D

Where do you place your pics for them to post?

intothevoid that was too funny. Hi my name is Bill and I am also an addict.

barbargrace I spend a lot of time on the Roll Call board as well as the Ports of Call page. I have my FOS cruise posted on Roll Call and spend a lot of time talking with my fellow cruisers. As rascalious said I also consider this part of the cruise, and usually become friends with a number of people before I actually meet them in person on the ship. I don't know if it is the same for you guys but after spending months on here planning for the cruise I go into a bit of depression after it is over. They take forever to get here but then once you are on the ship in no time it is over. Is there such a thing as post-cruise depression?

Although my number of posts doesn't show it, I'm on here constantly, too! Between my Mariner cruise in March of 07, and Coral Princess the following month, I divide my time between the 2 boards. I love this website so much, that as soon as I hear that someone I know is going on a cruise, I get them hooked, as well! I just heard yesterday that one of the managers in my department is going on Jewel of the Seas next April. This morning, I send her an email with the links to this website, as well as cruiseclues. Now she's hooked!

By the way, I'm also guilty of being on here during working hours - ooops!

intothevoid that was too funny. Hi my name is Bill and I am also an addict.

barbargrace I spend a lot of time on the Roll Call board as well as the Ports of Call page. I have my FOS cruise posted on Roll Call and spend a lot of time talking with my fellow cruisers. As rascalious said I also consider this part of the cruise, and usually become friends with a number of people before I actually meet them in person on the ship. I don't know if it is the same for you guys but after spending months on here planning for the cruise I go into a bit of depression after it is over. They take forever to get here but then once you are on the ship in no time it is over. Is there such a thing as post-cruise depression?

Oh I definitely believe in P.C.D. I go through it whenever my cruise ends.

I love all of the chats that go on before the cruise and how everyone makes friends before ever even meeting. Unfortunately for me I never knew of this Cruise Site before my first cruise............ no idea how I found out about it Last year but I am glad that I did.

Although my number of posts doesn't show it, I'm on here constantly, too! Between my Mariner cruise in March of 07, and Coral Princess the following month, I divide my time between the 2 boards. I love this website so much, that as soon as I hear that someone I know is going on a cruise, I get them hooked, as well! I just heard yesterday that one of the managers in my department is going on Jewel of the Seas next April. This morning, I send her an email with the links to this website, as well as cruiseclues. Now she's hooked!

By the way, I'm also guilty of being on here during working hours - ooops!

You too? Yeah I do that too............. sometimes I feel like a drug pusher pushing his drugs on people only difference is that I push this site. LOL.

I also push people towards cruising............ people that have never done it before are dieing to do it once they talk to me.

there may be a correlation between the frequency of CC posts/visits and how soon you will be on a ship (or how recently you have been on a ship).

I think there's something to this theory -- at least for me. I'm never too far away, but it only becomes a daily habit when I'm either researching/booking a cruise, treating my PCD, or coming up shortly on another cruise.

Of course . . . these days I'm nearly always in one or more of these phases! :D

Archived