Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

CDNcruisers, how was the Holiday Inn Express? Did you start your bid at $95? Looking for a hotel in Manhattan for October 28 - 30. And may I add we're looking for a good deal.....

Look at biddingfortravel.com I think someone got the Holiday Inn Express for $205 around that time frame. I found the Doubletree for $251 on the 10th of October thru AAA. I am not sure of the fee for Pricline.

Thanks boom op and BeachBumMama for your help. I will definately look into it more and look up that website. $205 at the H. Inn is better than $315. THanks so much!!!!

My husband is skeptical about these bidding sites (giving your credit card)but I said they had to be safe if it is recommended on Cruise critic..... Am I correct????? Is there anything like a Better Business Bureau in the states where you can look into companies?

Again, thanks for all the help!!!!

My husband is skeptical about these bidding sites (giving your credit card)but I said they had to be safe if it is recommended on Cruise critic..... Am I correct????? Is there anything like a Better Business Bureau in the states where you can look into companies?

I use Priceline and Hotwire all the time. Just remember that you have to pay first. Then you find out the Hotel.

Thanks boom op and BeachBumMama for your help. I will definately look into it more and look up that website. $205 at the H. Inn is better than $315. THanks so much!!!!

It's good to be skeptical at times, but Priceline is certainly one of the most legit out there. Not only recommended on Cruise Critic but probably all across America. It isn't some small, no name player, so rest assured. I'm sure you could look them up at the Better Business Bureau if you'd like, I never have.

It's how I have booked, and I'm sure many others, most of my hotels and car rentals for the last umpteen million years it seems. Even air fare when I can be really flexible and make it work. Look up the other website and 'learn' how to bid properly and you'll be fine. The money you save will pay for an excursion or maybe even 2:p . Then come back and tell us about your money saving success.:D Good luck!

Hi I won two hotels for our cruise coming up as follows:

Bid 115 and won Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa for 1 night on Nov 20-21

Bid 100 and won Sheraton Yankee Clipper for 1 night on Nov 29-30

All in all good experience, would of preferred the La Quinta over the Yankee Clipper but I am open to try something new.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 29,2008

1 night

2 rooms

Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale beach

2 1/2 stars

Priceline

$87.00 each room

Bid was accepted yesterday Score!!!!

I have been trying off and on for 4 months for 3* and up. It didn't work until I lowered it to 2 1/2*:D :D :D :D :D :D

4 STAR-BOSTON: COPLEY SQUARE-Theater District

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8, 2008-1 NIGHT

WESTIN/COPLEY SQUARE/4 STAR

ACCEPTED BID: $100.00

TAXES: $ 20.87

TOTAL: $120.87

We are very happy with our bid. This hotel goes for over $300.00 per night with taxes! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been bidding this week to get a 4* in the DT area of Miami (got Hyatt mini-suite for $80 recently) for a 1-night pre-cruise stay. Bid up to $120 with no luck, exhausting all of my free re-bids. My back-up location was the airport, since we plan on arriving late afternoon, checking in to hotel, and having a nice dinner. Finally added the airport location, staying with a 4* and dropped price to $90. It was accepted on first try. Got the Sofitel Miami, which looks nice. With fees it was $115.16.

After many attemps finally won a bid of $101 at Courtyard Marriott North. I think since this is a "Spring Break Week" for many the bids were tough. In the past I have done much better. But...I'm leaving on a cruise the next day so what's a few dollars. I am researching a rental car that can be returned at Port Everglades if anyonw has any suggestions. There is no airport shuttle or cruise port shuttle at the Marriott according to the web site.

M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After numerous attempts to get a downtown Charleston hotel were rejected, finally settled for an Airport hotel:

2.5 star

Hampton Inn Charleston - Airport/Coliseum

4701 Saul White Boulevard

Charleston, SC

$47.00 + $13.76 fees = $60.76 for 5/16/2008

They don't advertise it, but they do offer an airport shuttle service. Rate on website was $125.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone bid thru Pricline for a MIA hotel for early Dec recently? Last year I was able to get the Hyatt for under $100 (around $85 I think?) and I've seen numerous posts from people winning the Intercontinental for around $100 as well. But I've been trying to bid the past couple days and haven't been able to hit anything under $150 for a 4 star. I'm wondering if maybe it's too early (even tho last year I booked our hotel about 6 months out) or maybe the demand is higher this year....

Anyway, I just wanted to see what some of the recent Priceline winning bids have been for a Downtown MIA hotel recently?? (3 or 4*)

How many stars did you request and did you just choose downtown area? When are you going, if you don't mind answering. Thanks in advance.

I requested 4 stars in the downtown area. I'm staying the nights of July 8th and 9th.