Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Just got the Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami for $85, with taxes it comes out to $104. This is for jan 17th one night before we sail out on the NCL Pearl. I couldn't believe the price when the rate was $279 regularly. I bid $85 for a 4* in Downtown Miami. I guess I should have started lower!

• 2 weeks later...

Have wanted to stay in Coral Gables and decided to try for it this trip. Bid $70 for 4* Coral Gables, and Priceline countered, suggested adding $22. Instead I re-bid, adding Miami Beach, for $78 and got Hyatt, $96.36 total. Lowest price on Hyatt website is $279.

Have stayed at DT Hyatt three times with Priceline in past years, all in the $75-85 range as well.

I got 3.5 star Sheraton Suites Plantation for $66 2-21 post-cruise and am very happy with this hotel based on the reviews.

We had actually tried for this hotel pre-cruise 2-13 on Priceline and bid from $60 to $90 before we won 4 star Hyatt Regency Bonaventure which has some great reviews and some not-so-great. Wish I had used Hotwire then.

I also got some help from betterbidding to identify hotel probability on the post-cruise bid.

I usually am delighted with Priceline but not tonight! I had to go higher than usual (122 plus 22.80 taxes and fees) but my "beach area" hotel is actually three blocks from the beach!!!! (I was secretly hoping for yankee clipper and started at 80 last night. I would have done 2 star downtown if I could have predicted)

Still it is close to the port and would cost at least 259 if I had booked it independently. The pool area is small too bummer.

And we have to fly into Miami because the flight we had landing in FLL isn't available anymore.

Sure the Doubletree will be nice for one-night and as you say, the price still good. But a few suggestions: Since this is a popular school vacation pre-cruise night, often hotels won't drop acceptable bid prices until about one week before check-in. I book a good, fully-refundable back-up, e.g a AAA weekend rate at a Marriott or a Hampton Inn, and watch the message boards but usually wait to bid. Have even won "sold out" conference hotel areas at low prices using this plan.

Another option we used in December (Saturday before Christmas vacation week) is the Hollywood zone. Won the Crowne Plaza, across the street from beach, with a lovely infinity pool on the intercoastal. Both 4*s are on the beach between MIA and FLL. Need a car but Priceline "offered" that to us after we won the hotel.

Have a great cruise!

Sure the Doubletree will be nice for one-night and as you say, the price still good. But a few suggestions: Since this is a popular school vacation pre-cruise night, often hotels won't drop acceptable bid prices until about one week before check-in. I book a good, fully-refundable back-up, e.g a AAA weekend rate at a Marriott or a Hampton Inn, and watch the message boards but usually wait to bid. Have even won "sold out" conference hotel areas at low prices using this plan.

Another option we used in December (Saturday before Christmas vacation week) is the Hollywood zone. Won the Crowne Plaza, across the street from beach, with a lovely infinity pool on the intercoastal. Both 4*s are on the beach between MIA and FLL. Need a car but Priceline "offered" that to us after we won the hotel.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Janet, good tip!

I got 3.5 star Sheraton Suites Plantation for $66 2-21 post-cruise and am very happy with this hotel based on the reviews.

We had actually tried for this hotel pre-cruise 2-13 on Priceline and bid from $60 to $90 before we won 4 star Hyatt Regency Bonaventure which has some great reviews and some not-so-great. Wish I had used Hotwire then.

I also got some help from betterbidding to identify hotel probability on the post-cruise bid.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you plan to get to and from the hotel? Taxi, Rental Car? I have the same hotel booked in March and I am debating my options for transportation to and from hotel.

Any help is appreciated.

Priceline at Hyatt Regency Miami for $65 a night+tax and fee.. 2 rooms total $156.04 ( Feb 20)

I've been trying 4* miami downtown for weeks now, up to $130 with no success. I need one night May 2nd, 2009. You think I'm too far out from the need date to get a decent rate?

$65 is an awesome deal (best online rate is $209 right?). I've seen it go pretty regularly for $85-95 so that's a good deal. Should I wait it out some till I try some more?

I've been trying 4* miami downtown for weeks now, up to $130 with no success. I need one night May 2nd, 2009. You think I'm too far out from the need date to get a decent rate?

$65 is an awesome deal (best online rate is $209 right?). I've seen it go pretty regularly for $85-95 so that's a good deal. Should I wait it out some till I try some more?

Hi,

I would wait till 2 weeks before the trip since hotels should know by then how the demands are and do not worry you will not get a place to stay there is hundred of hotels down there! JMHOP. Good luck!!

Hi,

I would wait till 2 weeks before the trip since hotels should know by then how the demands are and do not worry you will not get a place to stay there is hundred of hotels down there! JMHOP. Good luck!!

Thanks. I figured that was the problem, but had read on better bidding that people still got good rates months in advance. I've booked a back up and will wait till closer to my arrival....now time to figure out if I can get a good deal on a rental car or if I should just shuttle it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an offer accepted for 3/19 for the Hyatt Regency for $88. Not sure if it is the best available price......but it is less than what I was going to pay for another hotel. Now to get another hotel for the post cruise stay.

• 1 month later...

I used Priceline and got the Hyatt in downtown Miami for $55 for April 15th & 16th. We've stayed there before, and I knew this was the hotel I'd probably get--it's fine.

I started with a $50 bid in the downtown region, was rejected, added Dadeland (which has no 4 * hotels), bid $55 and was accepted.

I think that you should check Easyclick. We are booked for May 15th at the Intercontinental for $129. I don't know if that is still available ,but I have seen the Marriott Courtyard for $77 for our dates, and I think the Hyatt is available for about $110. This way you get to pick the hotel,and you can usually cancel Easyclick reservations up to 3 days before your arrival date Karen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to report my Hotwire deal for the 4* Crowne Plaza Manhattan hotel in Times Square for $189 per night for my precruise nights of September 14 and 15, 2009.

It's possible that rates will still come down, but I'm happy with the price for the location and mid-September timeframe. This hotel is currently going for $449 per night for those dates.

Bonnie

Edited by waiting2retire

Does anyone which Miami airport hotel this would be?

Hotwire $105 for one night March 8, 2010

4-star hotel in Miami Intl Airport MIA

7 listed amenities include Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, HiSpeed internet access, and tennis nearby.

Seems like a good price for a 4 star and it includes airport shuttle. I would just need a taxi to miami port.

Hi Burm,

I am pretty sure that this is the Sofitel Miami, although it is now showing $110 on Hotwire.

Thanks. Do you know anything about it?

I tried to book my flight with air miles today but don't like the options they are giving me. I guess I will have to hold off on booking the hotel until I have a flight. :( It feels so good once you get everything in place.