1. Jersey City 4 star -- $80 DENIED

2. Jersey City + Elizabeth 4 star $85 DENIED

3. Jersey City + Meadowland 4 star $90 DENIED

4. Jersey City + Meadowland + Elizabeth 4 star $95 DENIED

5. Jersey City + Newark 4 star $100 ACCEPTED

$100 PER NIGHT TAXES AND FEES 40.12 = Total for 2 nights $240.12

:D

See you on the Constellation!

I know most people in this thread are Priceline veterans, but here is a guide I've created and given talks about at my University. It is made for conference travel but works just fine for cruising too.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~cmong/trip/conference_travel.pdf

Hope someone can find it useful. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Renaissance - Ft. Lauderdale PLANTATION, not DOWNTOWN

4* @ $57 per night - April 9 - 11, 2010 (Total $114.00 + $21.72 = $135.72)

Bid 3* Downtown - $55 - rejected

Bid 3* Plantation - $57 - accepted and UPGRADED to 4* Renaissance

Not too shabby:D

We actually prefer Plantation pre-cruise so that we can spend a day at Sawgrass Mills (and no parking fees at the hotels generally, as compared to Downtown). Our TA cruise leaves from Miami, but we don't mind the short drive from Ft. Lauderdale -- and our departure is a Sunday = less traffic.

Got the Admiral Fall Inn in Baltimore on 12/11/09. A Priceline 3* bid of $50 (I started at $46 and did two free rebids), total of $71 with fees. The hotel is in the Fells Point area near Little Italy so it should be good for pre-cruise dining and exploration.

The high fees are because according to the Admiral Fell website there is a $10 fee in addition to the room rate. As far as I can tell, this is one of the extra fees that Priceline says a bidder might be subject to. I'll let everyone know in December if that's true with this fee.

Art

• 3 weeks later...

Fort Lauderdale - Downtown 12/02/2009

Bid for 3 1/2 Stars.

Upgraded to 4 Stars. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

Accepted first bid of $50. ($63.28 w/tax) I had been trying for the last 3 weeks also at $50 but it wasn't accepted until this week. 3 weeks out.

I see a $99 rate for what I think is the Hilton Marina on 2/27/10 on Hotwire in FLL. Is it ok to post Hotwire info here, or ask for help ?? If not where is the acceptable place. If so...does anyone think this is a good price ?? Should I wait til it gets closer?? $99 for end of February seems good ...but??????:confused: not sure. HELP !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I see a $99 rate for what I think is the Hilton Marina on 2/27/10 on Hotwire in FLL. Is it ok to post Hotwire info here, or ask for help ?? If not where is the acceptable place. If so...does anyone think this is a good price ?? Should I wait til it gets closer?? $99 for end of February seems good ...but??????:confused: not sure. HELP !!!!!

Hi mrgoalie,

Yes, I think it is the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina. It's the only 4 star in that zone so you should be okay. This is a busy time of the year and the prices are pretty expensive, so I think this is a "fair" price. Maybe you could do better on Priceline, but not by much.

This hotel was completely redone a couple of years ago, so it should be nice. Of course, it's across the street from the port and a short walk up the 17th street bridge to watch all the ships.

If it were me, I would go for it.:)

Kel

PS -- you might want to repost this over on the Florida board. (this is the general east coast board, not including Florida)

Edited by kelmac

We just stayed at the Miami Hilton (downtown) - priceline $57 + tax. Previously stayed at Hyatt, which was also good. Had read some mediocre/bad reviews on here, but we enjoyed the hotel - nice room, loved the rooftop pool area. Happy Hour reduced price drinks...what more could we want?? We asked for port view room, so could see the ships lined up. Not much in the area, but we found a liquor store and pharmacy for supplies. Burger King & Checkers across the street. Hotel restaurant was good but pricey , but aren't they all? We are a couple of young 50 year olds, and we will stay there again.

Pam in KY

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel $65 for 1 night 2/12/10

bid priceline 3 1/2 stars Ft Laud North $60 rejected

added 3 stars rejected

added Coral Springs rejected

added Plantation and raised to $65 accepted.

Got a response that I was upgraded to 4 * Renaissance :)

Marriott and Hilton group properties seem to show up rather frequently on Priceline while Holiday Inn properties seem to only show up on Hotwire.

We picked up the Residence Inn in Miramar FL when we wanted to spend a couple days closer to the Keys before a cruise out of Port Everglades. The all in cost was $147 for two nights.

Art

Edited by ArtM

Mrgoalie

Check over on http://www.betterbidding.com

There is some cute stuff over there to help you identify which hotels are being offered on hotwire.

Art

I registered a while back and always use the site as a reference before bidding on Priceline using the link provided at the top right of a page at Betterbidding.com

Hooked on bidding...always been satisfied with the results so far.

Good luck!