Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

Just won on a Priceline bid for the Marriott Stellaris for $91, total of $109 after taxes. One night pre-cruise stay, arriving Sat. Sept. 19, sailing away Sun. Sept. 20. We're paying the same as we did for a much lower quality hotel on our last cruise 2 years ago. Think I saw a couple people get it for the same price or a couple bucks less in the last day or two, so they must be really unloading excess inventory on Priceline right now.

Anybody know what it costs to take a cab from there to the Pan Am pier to get on Adventure of the Seas?

Just won on a Priceline bid for the Marriott Stellaris for $91, total of $109 after taxes. One night pre-cruise stay, arriving Sat. Sept. 19, sailing away Sun. Sept. 20. We're paying the same as we did for a much lower quality hotel on our last cruise 2 years ago. Think I saw a couple people get it for the same price or a couple bucks less in the last day or two, so they must be really unloading excess inventory on Priceline right now.

Anybody know what it costs to take a cab from there to the Pan Am pier to get on Adventure of the Seas?

Would you mind sharing with me what you selected/bid to get the Marriott Stellaris? Thanks.

The fare should be around $15 + $1 a bag. Congrats on getting the Marriott, you will love it!

Would you mind sharing with me what you selected/bid to get the Marriott Stellaris? Thanks.

Sure, I started with just Resorts at $80. They declined but said I could rebid at this level for $22 more. I then added 4 stars and rebid at $80. No dice. I then added 3.5 stars and rebid at $75. No dice.

Figuring that their offer to rebid for Resorts would probably be accepted if I split the difference, I resubmitted for Resorts using my home e-mail address (had been using work) at $91. Offer accepted.

Thanks, Toonjie, for the taxi info.

Select resorts only, there are 4 possibilities, the Marriott, Intercontinental, Caribe Hilton, and the El San Juan. If your bid is not accepted you can bid again and add any zone except Rio-Grande-Humacao because that is the only other zone that Priceline has resorts in. (Rio Mar and El Conquistador)

Thanks Toonjie and Iambumbo! I will give it a try. Last year I won a bid for the LaConcha at 4 stars, but would like to try the Marriott Stellaris. I heard Intercontinental is nice also and it looks like a lot of others are getting it on bidding. We will be there in December. Some of our group are staying at the Caribe, but pricing for oceanview is still $189 through lastminutetravel.

Success! I just won the Marriott Stellaris one night precruise on December 11, 2009 for $95 + taxes for $113. What a great deal. I was looking at over $300 to book directly. I know this is a sister resort of the LaConcha that I stayed at last year. Anyone know if it's nicer or the same? We loved LaConcha.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!

Success! I just won the Marriott Stellaris one night precruise on December 11, 2009 for $95 + taxes for $113. What a great deal. I was looking at over $300 to book directly. I know this is a sister resort of the LaConcha that I stayed at last year. Anyone know if it's nicer or the same? We loved LaConcha.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!

Congrats! I think it is nicer, it is more traditional whereas La Concha has a more modern, South Beach feel and decor. Service is impeccable and you can always stroll down the beach and visit La Concha.

got the marriott stellaris PRICELINE resorts/zone 6/bid $95+taxes 2 nights accepted dec10-12

got the la concha HOTWIRE 4star resort $119 plus HEFTY TAXES 37.50=157.50 dec19-20 but i had a hot activity coupon of $50 so it nets 107.50 Personally i would have done PL again as my friends did IF i hadnt had a coupon that was expiring. Basically saved a whopping 7 dollars hahahaha

i have stayed at both and would have NP staying at either again and again

*sweet*

To the Priceline experts - do you think NOW is a good time to bid with hopes of securing the Marriott. It looks like quite a few people are having success at the moment.....I'm hoping to get it for Sept.

Unfortunately there is no way to target a particular hotel within that star level. Some of us have different dates of travel, therefore, it's all about inventory control for your particular dates.

Edited by lknight27

To the Priceline experts - do you think NOW is a good time to bid with hopes of securing the Marriott. It looks like quite a few people are having success at the moment.....I'm hoping to get it for Sept.

I was hoping for La Concha but got Marriott, so I guess the only way to know is to just go for it. I doubt you'll do too badly if you bid for the right category. I didn't bid resort but 4 star. I went a little higher than the bids I saw on here for La Concha. I just don't want to spend almost $400 on a hotel room for one night!

I know it's complete luck and chance, but it did seem like there was a run of Intercontinental wins, and now Marriott wins...

Anyway, I just went for it, and won the Marriott !! Woo Hoo !! :D:D:D:D $97.00 first bid accepted on Priceline.

Wow you did really well! I was chicken and bid $125 .:( I was afraid I would get a less desirable hotel. I'll be braver next time.

Yes the rooms at the Intercontinental are very nice as well! Tripadvisor reviews this hotel very well and the photos taken by the guest are pretty accurate with the website so I am sure we will not be disappointed. Both are very nice resorts! :D

Thanks:D and I will pop over to TripAdvisor and read some of

the reviews:)

Hey all..I just went to priceline to look up hotels and bid for a precruise stay fro mar 2010. I actually did this cruise a few months back and booked our pre-cruise stay on PL. I wound up at the IC resort pre-cruise which turned out okay but want the Sheraton OSJ this time.

I just went and could not pull up the Sheraton in a search. I wanted to see if it was still 3 1/2 stars. Now only two other sheratons pull up when you search by name. Nothing under star ratings.

Did they remove it from p/l?

Also..last time, I went with DH on cruise so there was only 2 of us and 1 room at IC resort was fine. I am now travelling with sister and her 10 yo daughter and her 11 yo friend. So now there will be 4 of us in one room. is that allowed? If we got the IC resort again..that small room would not be big enough. It was one queen bed. The sheraton OSJ we stayed at post cruise had 2 queens..which would be fine for the 4 of us.

can we specify somewhere along the line we need 2 queens..or are we stuck?

Anywhere else in Old San Juan area recommended to bid on priceline if Sheraton OSJ is no longer available? We are just staying one night. We are travelling on carnival victory which docks across the street. We went on Princess a fwe months back and they were docked across teh water so it didn't matter. We want to be close by so we can walk around OSJ in the short time we have pre-cruise..don't want to be way over in Isla Verde and try and bus it with 2 kids..easier the better.

Anyone know what happened to Sheraton OSJ on P/L?

I was hoping for La Concha but got Marriott, so I guess the only way to know is to just go for it. I doubt you'll do too badly if you bid for the right category. I didn't bid resort but 4 star. I went a little higher than the bids I saw on here for La Concha. I just don't want to spend almost $400 on a hotel room for one night!

FYI, bidding higher will not ensure that you get a better or particular hotel. In fact it does the opposite, you will end up overbidding for the same you could have gotten cheaper. The cheapest hotel within that zone or above can accept your high bid. With priceline you need to understand that you could get any hotel within that zone. If ANY of them are not acceptable, then you shouldn't bid with priceline IMO. Hotwire might be a better option. Also, 4*'s can get upgraded to resorts, so again, overbidding just causes you to pay more for what you have bidded for less. Hope this helps!

FYI, bidding higher will not ensure that you get a better or particular hotel. In fact it does the opposite, you will end up overbidding for the same you could have gotten cheaper. The cheapest hotel within that zone or above can accept your high bid. With priceline you need to understand that you could get any hotel within that zone. If ANY of them are not acceptable, then you shouldn't bid with priceline IMO. Hotwire might be a better option. Also, 4*'s can get upgraded to resorts, so again, overbidding just causes you to pay more for what you have bidded for less. Hope this helps!

Thanks

I don't know how that could work "the opposite", but I did get a really great place, it just wasn't the one I was hoping for. Next time I will be more knowledgable. I feel like I did alright for a first time user.

Thanks

I don't know how that could work "the opposite", but I did get a really great place, it just wasn't the one I was hoping for. Next time I will be more knowledgable. I feel like I did alright for a first time user.

I agree you did fine. My point was that bidding higher will not win you a particular hotel that's all, which is why said that it has an opposite effect. You'll just overbid for the same hotel you could have gotten for a lower bid. But you still did fine, so good job! Any win on priceline is a deal. :D

Hey all,

Just giving my update...I've been trying everyday for weeks. Just scored La Concha for $98 plus taxes & fees, to cost a total of $117. It was going for $199 (plus taxes) on priceline to book direct, so I am happy.

I tried resorts first and went up to $115. The started at $85 in 4 star. It gave me the message about adding $22 and rebidding right now, which seems to be the secret message that your are close, but don't need to go that high if you have free rebids left. I went up to $91, no deal, then jumped to $98 and scored. Probably could have gotten it a bit lower, but really wanted to secure the place and wasn't taking chances over a few dollars.

Hope everyone else has good luck!

Danae

Hi everyone, I just booked the Sheraton Old San Juan (3 star) for Nov. 26,2009 one night using hotwire for 89.00 with taxes 104.77. Yes I could have gotten cheaper using priceline but I like to know the hotel that I am going to be staying at.