Alaskan adventure in pictures

pierces

We just returned from a 10-day cruisetour on the Radiance and I have to say that I've yet to see a more awe-inspiring terrain than Alaska.

Words fail. Look here if you wish: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/alaska2006

Words fail, except to say the Radiance is a magnificent platform to base your Alaska vacation on.

Enjoy,

Dave

Dave, Thanks for sharing these photos. They're wonderfully atypical with a little humor on the side. It even looks like you got a some sun on your trip, at least in Talkeetna. Too many folks do an Alaskan cruise and then head right home. You did it right and spent some time in the interior. Very nice.

Dave, Thanks for sharing these photos. They're wonderfully atypical with a little humor on the side. It even looks like you got a some sun on your trip, at least in Talkeetna. Too many folks do an Alaskan cruise and then head right home. You did it right and spent some time in the interior. Very nice.

We're very gald we did the cruisetour. The interior is just as amazing as the coastline. I only wish we had seen more wildlife...this is our fourth Alaskan cruise and we've yet to see a bear! maybe we'll just fly up to Anchorage next time and do a wildlife expidition.

Thanks for the kind words about the photos!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
LOVED your glacier calving pics! WOW!

Just happened to be framing the glacier against the haze behind it when that big mass broke loose! We were told that wall is nearly 200 ft high at that point!

66829341.Ob6t1GGZ.jpg

If only my luck would have extended to bears!

Dave

Nice! I wish we would have gotten more blue sky!

Clouds have their appeal, though...

It's an amazing place, isn't it?

Dave

Dave, we got lucky with the weather that week. It was beautiful the day we got to Hubbard Glacier and then every other day we had rain in the morning and then it cleared up with the sun shinning through. Yes Alaska is an amazing place. Hope to return in the near future. Next year is back to Greece.:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
pierce - you're a funny guy. Great photos. You must have come up this summer for our fantastic weather. It was like that from mid-May thru when it started snowing about 10 days ago...We set rain records.

Yup! Early September. We were hoping that you folks would run out of rain by then, but...

It was out fourth trip and we will go back. Amazing place, rain or shine!

Dave

Sheila,

I thoroughly enjoyed your Family Alaskan Cruise slideshow! I recently returned from my first cruise since 1971. Sailed to Cozumel. We enjoyed it so much, we hope to plan an Alaskan cruise for next year. What line did you sail on? Do you have recommendations? I will be browsing this message board for suggestions. We would like to depart from Seattle. Any suggestions appreciated. Your photos only fired up my desire to see Alaska!

Thanks for sharing.

Joanne

Archived