I did it - Dec 7th

themerchantgirl

After reading the boards here, I finally got the courage to book a solo cruise. There was a great deal with Carnival sailing out of New Orleans on Dec 7th and I jumped on it. My PVP set me up right.

Now I am very nervous and hope that reading the boards here will get me over the anxiety that I currently have. I am excited and scared all at the same time.

Please share any advice that you may have. I will be flying Delta and should arrive in NO by 11 am on cruise day.

Beth

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You will have a great time, I'm sure.

Don't be shy and participate in ship activities if you want to meet people and have fun but if you want some time to yourself, it's ok too.

Please post a review when you come back (if you can).

You will have a blast... I went on my first solo cruise last year and fell in love with it. It was also my first cruise ever. I am a widow and never once did I feel uncomfortable while on the ship. I went on Carnival's Imagination.

The waiter for dinner seemed to make extra sure that I was looked after as much as anyone else.

I am going on my second cruise in 19 days, this time on the Sensation and cannot wait to see what wonderful pampering awaits me there...

Have fun on your cruise.

Hi Beth:

I just wanted to join in the well-wishing and encourage you to enjoy your cruise. If you are the slightest bit friendly you will no doubt meet lots of great folks and have a swell time. By the way, Dec. 7th must be a lucky day for solo cruisers because I am also leaving on a cruise that day. As you can see from my signature information, I will be on the NCL Dawn out of NYC. I have already been a regular on the roll call for that sailing and everyone has been very welcoming. I even have a nickname!

As you probably have surmised, there is a lot of great information on this website. The "search" feature can help you locate postings that may answer any question you have, but if you don't find it, just ask.

Bon voyage! :)

- Paul

Archived