Family Stateroom w/vernanda

cage keeper

Does anyone know how much these staterooms go for? The prices for 2008 aren't out yet, but I just wanted to compare staterooms so I would be ready when they do post the prices. On their web site they are not listed even for 2007. Anyone have family stateroom this year or next?

There are so many variables and the price will change during the months leading up to the cruise.

I would suggest looking for prices for the same or very similar itinerary and length cruise this year and use that figure as an approximate. You could ask a TA to get you a price quote. You could check one of the Online TA websites for price ranges. Just remember that prices fluctuate and the quoted price will probably change a number of times before sailing.

Happy Travels

Cindy

The question is not what they go for, but Are they available? It is very difficult to book these cabins, which are fabulous. They want 5 people in the cabin and will not book it for less. ( I'll bet if they are not sold by a certain date they will) We got one through our TA but it was a struggle. If you get the opportunity to book one...grab it. We had the corner FV on the Summit and it can't be beat. We are doing CC class this time , The first CC after the two FV cabins. The FV cabins are worth every penny!! Mary

Does anyone know how much these staterooms go for? The prices for 2008 aren't out yet, but I just wanted to compare staterooms so I would be ready when they do post the prices. On their web site they are not listed even for 2007. Anyone have family stateroom this year or next?

I just did a booking for Family Veranda to check out prices and for 2/11/2007 Infinity the price is 4998 each for first two persons. Hope that helps.

Esther

It is impossible to give you a single number as it is dependent on the sailing (time of year, length of cruise, Carib vs Europe, etc). If you can get an FV, you will find that FV prices at the start of the booking period will be higher than CC and lower than SS categories for that particular sailing.

The question is not what they go for, but Are they available? It is very difficult to book these cabins, which are fabulous. They want 5 people in the cabin and will not book it for less. ( I'll bet if they are not sold by a certain date they will) We got one through our TA but it was a struggle. If you get the opportunity to book one...grab it. We had the corner FV on the Summit and it can't be beat. We are doing CC class this time , The first CC after the two FV cabins. The FV cabins are worth every penny!! Mary

I'm hoping to have all my info so I can book as soon as the 2008 prices are released. Sounds too expensive so I will probaly go with CC. We are thinking of the Summit Alaska late July, then renting a RV for 10 days then sailing back on a HAL ship. Need to find the best prices. Thanks for your help.

The family cabin is worth every penny. You have two seperate rooms plus a very large balcony, especially if you are fortunate enough to get the corner room. We have been able to get them for just the two of us - usually by watching the boards close to final payment time. If you have more than two people you should have no trouble booking one if there are any available. They go very quickly. Even the ones that aren't on the corners are very nice - we have one on the Constellation for October and were lucky enough to have a corner one on the Constellation this past April.

On our Summit cruise this June we paid around $4200 for four of us. However, on our upcoming November cruise the Constellation still has several FV's open (even one corner one) but the price is $6300. We opted for an inside across from a verandah at great savings.

But I would have done it again for Alaska.

No, price per cabin for 4 people. 7 night cruise to Alaska. The views from the veranda were superb. We occasionally ran out there in PJ's or robe to take pics or enjoy sunrise/sunsets. But I have to say that our friends in the regular verandah cabins could view the scenery from their bed, whereas no scenery can be seen from the cabin due to the verandah's large size.

I'm hoping to have all my info so I can book as soon as the 2008 prices are released. Sounds too expensive so I will probaly go with CC. We are thinking of the Summit Alaska late July, then renting a RV for 10 days then sailing back on a HAL ship. Need to find the best prices. Thanks for your help.

The price I gave you was for a 14 day cruise so if yours will be a 7 day cruise I am sure it would be much cheaper... hopefully half as much.

erms

I agree with the other experienced cruisers in this category.

We just got off of the Summit 9/9/06 sailing to Alaska and had a corner FV cabin on the 7-day sailing. It was completely incredible and worth every penny. We paid $3700 total for 2 people for that sailing. My husband and I agreed that on Alaska it was a bargain at twice the price. For the glacier viewing there is absolutely no better place to be. You can see almost 270 degrees of the view.

As for booking 5 people, I spoke with a fellow passenger/TA who also was in one, and she said the only way to book 5 is if the fifth is a small child or baby. I must agree. You have the large main room, and then a second room with a pull out queen couch and then a small love seat that would only fit a very small person as the fifth.

We were able to get this cabin by snagging it at the 90-day mark. When final payment comes due and they're not all sold, these rooms are released to the general public.

OH! You also have a private hallway that is perfect for luggage storage. There is a door to from the main hall to your cabin, but when you open it there is an entire hall that no one else has access to. Then, another door at the end of the hall leads directly into your stateroom. I can't say enough about this cabin!! The only downside is that I'll want one for every cruise now. ;)

Good luck and be vigilant in your search for this cabin. We had originally booked a CC, and this price was just **$100 more total**. Since it is not considered a CC, you don't get the extra amenities, but the space is MORE THAN WORTH IT!

Happy Cruising,

Tammy

Hi Pat,

Just got back home tonight. :)

I will ask them specifically, but they did NOT mention any noise issues. I visited the room several times and it was very nice. They mentioned that the bathroom storage is cut down because of the larger space, but I don't think it was serious. The balcony they had was lovely! I will ALWAYS want an aft cabin now. It was so good for glacier watching. Are you doing the canal? I can't remember.

I'll let you know if they have more to add (OH! The room has a doorbell! I thought that was very cool.) I'll let you know, but I think you'll be very pleased.

Tammy

We originally booked a 2C on the November 24 Transatlatnic (16 nights) on Millenium for $4093 for the two of us ($2046 each). We saw an aft corner FV become available so we grabbed it for $5591 ($2795 each). The 2C has since dropped to $3198 ($1599 each), a veranda guarantee is now $2598 ($1299 each) and the FV has jumped to $5898 ($2949 each).

So I guess the answer to your question is that it depends on the the demand. We've never had an FV, so we were excited to get one, but as our original 2C dropped by $900, we are wondering about the wisdom of our $2393 difference-$143 a day-to switch to FV. I will report back after we return if the FV warrants the extra bucks. Also remember that if you add passengers the fare goes up too (about $750 per passenger).

Regards

My TA tried to do book it directly and they wouldn't let us have it due to the number of passengers only being three. I mentioned to him that it was letting me do it online just for one passenger on the website. That is when he suggested I put a hold on it, call Celebrity directly and have them transfer the booking to him. So I did while on conference call with him on the line... no problems, transfer was made.

So even if there is a policy of the number of passengers obviously the online reservation system doesn't know anything about it.

esther

Hi Pat,

Just got back home tonight. :)

I will ask them specifically, but they did NOT mention any noise issues. I visited the room several times and it was very nice. They mentioned that the bathroom storage is cut down because of the larger space, but I don't think it was serious. The balcony they had was lovely! I will ALWAYS want an aft cabin now. It was so good for glacier watching. Are you doing the canal? I can't remember.

I'll let you know if they have more to add (OH! The room has a doorbell! I thought that was very cool.) I'll let you know, but I think you'll be very pleased.

Tammy

Thanks Maggie, we are doing Hawaii on Dec 9th. With the restaurant being directly above us, I have heard a lot of controvery about the moving of the chairs, music, people drinking and looking onto your balcony. Anything you can find out would be much appreicated. Glad you had a good trip.

Pat

We have a FV stateroom booked for Jan 06 on Summit...Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale via Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, and Aruba, 15 nights...here are the figures: $3360pp stateroom, $219.70 pp tax, $147 gratuities, $259pp travel insurance = $3985.70pp total for first two. Xpersons are (I think) $1350 pp. plus taxes, etc. Up to four persons can occupy these staterooms.

Archived