Zenith Concierge Class

vanman

I'm currently booked in a Cat 8 cabin on Zenith and am thinking of booking a CC cabin instead. Some threads I've read talk about noisy cabins on the Atlantic deck. Does anybody know of good or bad cabins on the Atlantic deck.

Thanks

I'm currently booked in a Cat 8 cabin on Zenith and am thinking of booking a CC cabin instead. Some threads I've read talk about noisy cabins on the Atlantic deck. Does anybody know of good or bad cabins on the Atlantic deck.

Thanks

I can't remember our cabin number but we were mid ship and we could carry on a conversation with the people next to us. I think it ended in 40. As for Cc class, we got a great deal so enjoyed it very much, but I wouldn't pay a whole lot more for it. The evening canapes were nothing, the wine was ok and the early debarkation was a joke. We spent and hour and 1/2 in the lounge waiting to be called. The tote bag was the best part of CC service. Again, for the price we paid we can't complain, but it has been a little better on other lines. NMNita

We just returned from Bermuda on the Zenith, cabin 1035. Other than the island night on deck the only noise we noticed was a child with size 13 feet running back & forth several times during the day on the few occassions we were in the cabin. We have also been in a cabin right below the area between the exit from the buffet area into the pool area. The noise we heard then was early in the morning and it sounded like a laundry cart being moved.

As far as CC we found it to be as advertised. We had our luggage and were unpacked well before the muster drill. We were off the ship by 9:30. We did have to request different pillows and my DH had to request a shoe shine 3 times. We are on a wait list for CC for our next curise and have our fingers crossed.

Mary Lou

As far as room size however, I don't think there is any difference between your ocean view category and the CC cat on Zenith. The only difference was having a small loveseat replacing the chair by the glass table.

The aft decks on both 10 and 9 are very nice. 10 has many lounge chairs to privately sun on and 9 has a small gaming area (ping pong tables) but we did sneak a couple chairs to sit and have a nightly glass of wine as there is little to no traffic out there. It's really a little known secret and quite private there. Our room was 4 doors down from this 9 deck exit and we never heard any noise from it at all, and it was great to just sprint up the two flights to the pool, grill or gym. The 2 times we have been on Zenith--on deck 9 Bahama Deck and deck 5 Europa deck--we never were disturbed by any noise from adjoining rooms or across the halls, and I am an extremely light sleeper. I have heard rooms directly under the pool can get early morning noise due to pool lounges being moved around. I wouldn't know.

Embarkation and debarkation from Bayonne took us 20 minutes top. And we weren't CC -- we were not given priority--that's how fast it was in Bayonne.

I can't remember our cabin number but we were mid ship and we could carry on a conversation with the people next to us. I think it ended in 40. As for Cc class, we got a great deal so enjoyed it very much, but I wouldn't pay a whole lot more for it. The evening canapes were nothing, the wine was ok and the early debarkation was a joke. We spent and hour and 1/2 in the lounge waiting to be called. The tote bag was the best part of CC service. Again, for the price we paid we can't complain, but it has been a little better on other lines. NMNita

DH and I also just got off the Zenith yesterday. We were CC class in cabin 1087, which is aft. We didn't experience any noise, although I do think that cabins on either side of us were empty.

I'm surprised to hear that someone had difficulty with early disembarkation. We received notice the day before to report to the Fleet Bar at 9:20 AM and that disembarkation would begin at 9:40 AM. We went up to the lounge at 9:00 and within 5 minutes were called to disembark. We were through customs, found our luggage, DH retrieved car from parking lot and on our way by 9:25! In fact, we couldn't believe how quickly it all went.

Though we were very disappointed that we didn't get to go to Bermuda, we realize that weather can't be controlled, especially when you chance booking during hurricane season. We did not care for Freeport at all; we wonder why anyone would go there voluntarily. But....we made the best of it and still enjoyed ourselves...just not someplace I would ever go back to. We found Nassau quite a bit better, but still not a place we would return to.

That said, we really had a wonderful time and enjoyed our cruise tremendously. The people we met were pleasant and also enjoying themselves. The food and the service were terrific. The Zenith reminds me of what I would call a 'stately' ship; more refined than glitzy, and a pleasure to sail on.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived