Quick AFT Question

out2sea

I too have 9704 on FOS booked and it does have a door to the balcony and a large Porthole window. I have seen it (on shore at Black Falcon pier) and I do have photo's which I would be glad to send to you. This is an E1, thus smaller than D1 category cabins. Someone who sailed in it during inauguration sent me details. For 2 people this will be fine. Balcony is cut at a 90 degree angle. I had hoped it would have extra space and shade; it does not. It has 2 chairs and a small table, not much room - maybe one lounge chair. I am keeping this corner aft but have put in a request if another aft cabin opens up that I would be interested in moving. All internal amenities are the same. It is a walk from the elevators but this can be a good thing for exercise. I live in NH, too! nanatravel at comcast dot net

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Eight is better. I can send you a photo. The balcony deck extends out allowing for lounge chairs. Deck 7 has the obstructed view but this is merely Metal work, like a cat walk where crew can walk/paint, etc. Hard to explain, but I saw it from the dock, so It's there. If I had the opportunity for deck 8, I would jump at it, deck 7 Maybe.

Nanatravel

Ok got my answer...8 is definitely better than 7...higher you go the better. Yes, the corner afts do have doors that swing open and a port hole window. They are the same as the voyager class. We have had one and IMHO didn't care for them but would still take an aft over not having one. Just watch your head on the beam, it sneaks up quickly after you open your door thats all. Some comments said you could see up and around the ship...you cannot. No shade on the corner afts...We had one lounge chair, one sitting chair and one small table. We used the table to keep the door propped open, I like to sleep with the balcony door open. That is why I was interested in the difference.

Thanks for the responses!

Archived