Crocs new colors and styles

Desdemona01

Dillard's has the new mary jane style in assorted colors and they are really cute! Very comfortable too.

There are also new colors for the beach style. A really pretty olive green, which is a nice color for fall and chocolate, which is a softer brown. Also, they now come in GOLD, SILVER & COPPER! Now the crocs lovers have an option for formal night;)

I feel exactly the same way about sneakers/trainers worn outside of the gym or track. Different strokes! :)

You're right, different strokes for different folks. Personally, and this is only my opinion, I wouldn't take a pair if they were giving them away. They're absolutely the ugliest shoes I've seen outside of the platform sneakers I saw in Crete in 1997. Those were uglier, but not by much.

But they're SSSOOO comfortable! For me, comfort over style -- I get crotchety when my feet hurt :D . I wore them to work one casual day, and told everyone to see my ugly shoes. The overall response was that they were better looking than everyone expected -- and now two of the other ladies are looking to get their own.

This is too funny, I love wearing Crocs and I have been telling my friends that I wish I could wear them with my evening wear....and now they come in silver, gold and copper....oh boy.:cool: Just joking, I do have a little more class than that, and yes I know Crocs are not the greatest looking shoes, but they are sooooo comfy that I wear them anyway. Oh, and by the way, the are suppose to be worn little bigger than regular shoes. I did some research on the Croc website to find out how to size them.

I just got mine about a month ago, and already I'm trying to figure out what my next pair will be. My office is very casual anyway, and I'm thinking that either the Mary Jane's, or one of the kind without holes, would actually work for every day wear. We have several ladies who wear other kinds of clogs -- not much difference, from what I can see.

I will admit, I don't think I'll be wearing them with dresses anytime soon, however. Even though, as NCL cruisers, we don't dress nearly as formally as most of you ladies who are regular posters here.

Lots of the medical types up in the hospital are wearing them from what I understand. They are supposed to be very comfortable. I don't have any choice about my work footwear, they don't make crocs with a steel toe and heel, so that option is completely out, even if I could get past how ugly they are. So, boots are my in thing! LOL. FWIW, my lovely bride has numerous pairs of Berkinstocks, which I also think are overpriced, and not so nice looking, I don't own any of those either.

I bought my Mary Jane crocs online in black, gold and silver. I had to take a size smaller than usual, a 4, because they do tend to run big. I love the Athens flip flops for cruises as the sole is grippy and great on the wet deck by the pool. My feet are deformed from having polio as a child and they are by far the best casual shoes I've ever found. They mould to my feet and they're so comfortable.

You're right, different strokes for different folks. Personally, and this is only my opinion, I wouldn't take a pair if they were giving them away. They're absolutely the ugliest shoes I've seen outside of the platform sneakers I saw in Crete in 1997. Those were uglier, but not by much.

I find them sooo less ugly than most men's gnarly, unmanicured toes sticking out of sandals or flip flops (or women's, for that matter). My husband was never comfortable wearing sandals and these have been a wonderful alternative for him.

Desdemona -- my thoughts exactly. I posted something on a previous thread about thinking most people's feet were ugly anyway, and the Croc's were an improvement over ugly feet. I don't know how well that sentiment went over :D , but it sounds like there's one person in agreement with me.

I'm right there with you, girl! Anyone who thinks they're that ugly doesn't have to buy them. There are enough of us *crocs fans* out there to keep them busy dreaming up new styles and colors.

I know you'll love them on your upcoming cruise--I'm just trying to figure out which pairs I have to leave behind when we cruise in Dec!

Have you seen the new Primas? They aren't in any stores here yet, I'd love to be able to try them on before I buy. They come in black, fuschia, gold and silver!! :D

the ballet-inspired prima is slim-fitting and oh so comfortable

• it is nimble, fashionable and offers crocs’ distinguished qualities

• slip-resistant and non-marking soles

• anti-microbial and odor resistant

• made with croslite

I did see them on the Crocs website. They're definitely cute, but don't look like they'd be cut right for me. I have a wide foot, and a high instep, and don't think they'd fit as well as the wider ones. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to find them locally and at least try them on.

I find them sooo less ugly than most men's gnarly, unmanicured toes sticking out of sandals or flip flops (or women's, for that matter). My husband was never comfortable wearing sandals and these have been a wonderful alternative for him.

Excellent point! You got that right.

Then you agree they are ugly. BTW, my husband gets regular pedicures and doesn't have ugly feet. They are quite nice!

Then you agree they are ugly. BTW, my husband gets regular pedicures and doesn't have ugly feet. They are quite nice!

I find them odd looking, but not ugly. Ugly is a word that I usually reserve for behavior, not things. No matter how I feel about them I don't understand the need to post negative comments for the sole purpose of belittling people who like or enjoy something. If you don't like them, then don't bother opening the thread--it's that simple! NO WHERE in my original post did I solicit opinions--it was to inform those of us who enjoy this item that there are additional selections available.

How lovely for you that your husband gets pedicures. For every well-pedicured man out there there are THOUSANDS who look like they've been digging with their feet.

So they're not the most FABULOUS looking shoes ever........... but I have one pair for work (I'm a hygienist) and I absolutely LOVE them. I want another for working around the yard/house/beach because they're so perfect for wet environments. They have their uses for sure, and they do seem to be getting more and more cute each time the styles are updated!

I find them odd looking, but not ugly. Ugly is a word that I usually reserve for behavior, not things. No matter how I feel about them I don't understand the need to post negative comments for the sole purpose of belittling people who like or enjoy something. If you don't like them, then don't bother opening the thread--it's that simple! NO WHERE in my original post did I solicit opinions--it was to inform those of us who enjoy this item that there are additional selections available.

How lovely for you that your husband gets pedicures. For every well-pedicured man out there there are THOUSANDS who look like they've been digging with their feet.

Where did I belittle anyone?

This is a public opinion forum and I didn't realize that I had to agree in order to post.

You yourself were the one who said that Crocs were less ugly than men's feet so you yourself agreed they were ugly.

Yes, I agree the big yellow toe nail is epidemic.

This was where you said they were ugly but to a lesser degree than most men's feet. I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

Absolutely hideous.

what was the purpose of this, except to make those that think *differently* than you to feel that they lack taste.

I shop Michigan Avenue and own Jimmy Choo, Prada, and LV, to drop a few names. Taste is personal and, whether I agree or *approve* of what someone else chooses, I would no more make this type of negative comment to them that I would welcome such a comment.

No apologies necessary because, as one of my favorite quotes reminds me, "what you think of me is none of my business".

Archived