Crocs new colors and styles

Desdemona01

I am not good at explaining these things, but I went to Yahoo where you make your avatar, and I think I sent a copy of it to my desktop and then imported it to my signature on here..?? I think........ :confused: You could also ask desperate housewife, as she is whom I received my inspiration from. She is very helpful and might could tell you better than me!!!

For anyone interested, (and if you are not, don't feel compelled to read and/or comment) I tried on the Prima and the Mary Janes. Although I have a pair of the beach style and the cayman style which are comfortable & properly fitting, neither the Prima nor the Mary Janes fit well. The Prima sort of suctioned to my foot when I stepped onto it, but when I lifted my foot, the suction released making an undesirable sound. The straps on the Mary Janes were way too long across the top and around the heel & looked kind of floppy. Because I have a job requiring me to stand on concrete floors 8 hours, the comfort of the Crocs is highly desirable. I had hoped to be able to improve the appearance with one of the new styles, but I guess I'll be sticking with the ones I have.

So in your thread why didn't you post that only Croc aficionados need reply?

Because it didn't occur to me that people would feel this compelling need to insert their negative opinion when it wasn't asked for. I see a LOT of threads on this board that I have absolutely no interest in (project runway, for example) and I just don't go there. I have no doubt that, had I labeled this thread "for aficionados only", it still would have been too much for the crocs-haters to resist.

As far as your opinion of them, luckily it only matters to you.

For anyone interested, (and if you are not, don't feel compelled to read and/or comment) I tried on the Prima and the Mary Janes. Although I have a pair of the beach style and the cayman style which are comfortable & properly fitting, neither the Prima nor the Mary Janes fit well. The Prima sort of suctioned to my foot when I stepped onto it, but when I lifted my foot, the suction released making an undesirable sound. The straps on the Mary Janes were way too long across the top and around the heel & looked kind of floppy. Because I have a job requiring me to stand on concrete floors 8 hours, the comfort of the Crocs is highly desirable. I had hoped to be able to improve the appearance with one of the new styles, but I guess I'll be sticking with the ones I have.

Hi Debbie,

I'm actually wearing my new mary jane's today. I can see how the straps may seem large to you. A suggestion--my cousin purchased a pair at the same time that I did and she decided to go one size smaller than her normal size. I don't know if that would work for you but she's really happy with hers. I stuck with my normal size because I wanted this pair to wear with jeans and socks. If I get a pair to wear with nylon stockings I may go the next size down, also.

I was thinking of the pima for the Winter (yeah - like we have real Winter here in Florida:rolleyes: ). I would be wearing with socks, so they might work.

I haven't found a pair of crocs that fit yet, most have been either way too big or too small :(

Actually, my definition of "hideous" is that ugly toes that stick out of so many people's sandals and flip flops. To me, feet with bunions, or toenail fungus, or misshapen feet just aren't attractive. Please hide them in a pair of Crocs so that I don't have to see them :D .

I seriously find very few feet attractive, at least on adults. Babies' little feet and their little tiny toes are adorable. Feet that have seen more than about 10 years worth of duty just normally aren't attractive. Freshly pedicured ones may be preferrable to regular ones, but I don't even find them that great to look at.

Maybe it's a genetic thing -- my daugher, who actually does have relatively cute feet, works in the medical profession, and feet gross her out. She's worked as a CNA, changing older people's briefs and bathing them, and says she'd much rather do that than work in a podiatrist's office handling people's gross feet.

If you and your DH happen to have attractive feet, I'm happy for you. My DH and I don't, and my Crocs are better looking than my feet.

I might take a look at those Prima Crocs. I have a somewhat serious foot thing going on right now (I'm post surgery) and I am going to need some shoes that won't fall off my feet! They need to be comfy and non-slippery and I don't think I'll be wearing anything with a heel any time soon :(

I just really don't like the look of the 'original' Crocs. All those holes still look like gardening shoes to me. ;)

But this is my opinion...and it's painkiller induced...so you don't have to read my post if ya don't want to! LOL

I find them sooo less ugly than most men's gnarly, unmanicured toes sticking out of sandals or flip flops (or women's, for that matter). My husband was never comfortable wearing sandals and these have been a wonderful alternative for him.

ha ha! Great idea. I've pedicured my husband's feet many a time trying to get them to look presentable, but it just doesn't work out. He hates wearing sandals for that reason, maybe we'll have to invest in some Crocs!

Both of my boys have a pair (my 8 yo son and my 3 yo who is small for his age and wears the teenies-tineyst pair they are so cute!) and I think they're really cute on little boys, but I do think they are ugly on women. JMO.

That doesn't mean I don't wear them tho! LOL. I have a pair that I wear religiously at work (Im a nurse) and I'd estimate that about 50% of the other nurses on my unit wear them too. they are REALLY REALLY comfortable. and so easy to wash which is a great feature when you're a labor nurse, never know what you're gonna get on your shoes, from amniotic fluid to baby poop, it all comes off easily!

I gotta go look at the new styles and colors!

I don't think a smaller size in the Mary Janes would work because my 2nd toe (which is actually longer than my big toe) was already touching the end of the shoe in my usual size. I might try on some other pairs, because I do think sometimes the same size is not necessarily the same size consistently, but they didn't have another one my size in Dillard's yesterday. OR....maybe I need to trim my gnarly toenails...LOLOL....so they don't touch the end of the shoe.

For those who don't appreciate a sarcastic sense of humor, rest assured that my toes are properly pedicured on a regular enough basis to escape the classification of gnarly..

I don't think a smaller size in the Mary Janes would work because my 2nd toe (which is actually longer than my big toe) was already touching the end of the shoe in my usual size. I might try on some other pairs, because I do think sometimes the same size is not necessarily the same size consistently, but they didn't have another one my size in Dillard's yesterday. OR....maybe I need to trim my gnarly toenails...LOLOL....so they don't touch the end of the shoe.

For those who don't appreciate a sarcastic sense of humor, rest assured that my toes are properly pedicured on a regular enough basis to escape the classification of gnarly..

Hi Debbie!

You're absolutely right about the same sizes fitting differently. Crocs are made in Mexico, Canada, China and some just have the Boulder HQ on them. I've found that the ones made in Boulder and Canada fit more snugly than the ones from China and Mexico--go figure!

I want to love them but they make my feet sweat. I have the ones with holes. Shorts socks & crocs just dont mix. Am I the only one? I'm going to try the flip flops

Got to tell this funny story. My dad was really sick all summer , we were sitting in the doctors waiting room, I bought mom the Crocs without holes, he looked down at her feet and said , your wearing Minnie Mouse's shoes.

So now that is what we call them.

Dad died last month but his dry sense of humor kept til the end

I haven't had any trouble with my feet sweating, but I do tend to wear them with socks. I'm a jeans girl, not a shorts wearer, so wearing them with socks works fine for me.

Cute story about your Dad. Isn't it nice when they can keep their sense of humor?

Got to tell this funny story. My dad was really sick all summer , we were sitting in the doctors waiting room, I bought mom the Crocs without holes, he looked down at her feet and said , your wearing Minnie Mouse's shoes.

So now that is what we call them.

That sounds like my DH. The first time he saw mine his comment was "all you need now is knickers and a wooden nose". :p Therefore crocs are known in our house as pinoccio shoes.

Funny, though, he wore mine all the time when working in the yard. We finally got him his very own pair for Father's Day.

Peach

An update regarding trying different shoes for different fit. Previously I posted about my regular size in the Mary Janes not fitting properly - the straps were WAY too long, both across the top and around my heel. Today, I tried another pair at another store & they fit perfectly in the same size. I didn't notice where the others were made, but these say "made in China". I am so excited to have a chocolate pair to wear with khakis & jeans. Now I have lime beach, black caymans & brown mj's. Now if I can just find another pair of primas to try........

Now for the next question -- has anyone invented a 12 step program for Croc addiction :D ? I'm trying to go cold turkey by refusing to go to a store that carries them, but I'm sure I won't be able to last long without my "next fix".

Debbie--I'm so glad you found some Mary jane's that fit--I really love mine!

CNBC did a really great report on Crocs and how they're so popular. Along with all of the new colors and styles they have signed agreements with over 70 universities to produce the beach model in the school's colors--since I work for a college I can just imagine how that will take off!

I have a pair of the flip flop style that I have worn this summer. I like them ok ,better than regular flip flops. I really don't like the look of the clog styles & don't have any of those.

Question is do you find the arch support isn't very good or do I have them too big? Even in the flip F style I can't wear them all day. I have a couple of pairs of the rainbows sandals that have great support & I can wear them all day.

I am gonning to miss my rainbows this winter! Need to find a shoe for everday casual to wear w/jeans.

Thanks

Debbie

I have a pair of the flip flop style that I have worn this summer. I like them ok ,better than regular flip flops. I really don't like the look of the clog styles & don't have any of those.

Question is do you find the arch support isn't very good or do I have them too big? Even in the flip F style I can't wear them all day. I have a couple of pairs of the rainbows sandals that have great support & I can wear them all day.

I am gonning to miss my rainbows this winter! Need to find a shoe for everday casual to wear w/jeans.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie!

The arch support should hit you in the right place to provide all day support so maybe you don't have the right size. I can wear my flip flops all day while shopping, doing errands and such and my feet feel great.

As far as a shoe for the winter make sure and check out crocs.com to see the other styles. I have a few pairs of the closed ones (no holes) for wearing during the winter and I'll be wearing the mary janes a lot, too.

Des

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Crocs Athens!!!!! I had been a professional in suits and heels for 30 years, until I moved to the Keys. I now work for a non-profit organization that is very casual - plus, it's the Keys. ;) I swore when we moved here 6 years ago, I would never wear pantyhose again - and I have kept that promise!:D I have 6 prs. of Athens & it's all I wear now. Have Kino's, but these are so much more supportive & comfy. Silver? I'm there!

Archived