New Swizzle Inn

judithdooley

sbharr,

We would like to see the new Swizzle Inn on a day we go to Horseshoe Bay.

So we could get on the bus at Horseshoe Bay and be dropped off at the new Swizzle Inn,about three stops on its way back to Hamilton, and then catch another bus in front of the Inn when we want to go back to our ship in Hamilton?

(I have no sense of direction and not sure if the bus comes by the Inn on its way to and from Horseshoe Bay from Hamilton?)

Thank you!

sbharr,

So we could get on the bus at Horseshoe Bay and be dropped off at the new Swizzle Inn,about three stops on its way back to Hamilton, and then catch another bus in front of the Inn when we want to go back to our ship in Hamilton?

(I have no sense of direction and not sure if the bus comes by the Inn on its way to and from Horseshoe Bay from Hamilton?)

Thank you!

You do not need a sense of direction. I will give you a neat tip that will help you know when you are going in the right direction. At the bus stop there is a pole. When it is pink, you are going to Hamilton. When it is blue, you are going away from Hamilton. So you can just catch another bus when you want to go back to Hamiltion. Just make sure the post is pink. LOL. If you buy the transportation pass, you can get on and off the ferries and buses as much as you want.

We leave for Bermuda on 10/7 on the Zenith and that is all my sister has been talking to me about is the Swizzle Inn! I guess I know what she is getting for Christmas...a T-shirt from the Swizzle Inn!

I hope it is everything she thinks it is.

Hey TarhellCruising! Please click on "Join our Roll Call" and join our discussion thread! I even have a Zenith page that you can read up on our group. Would love to have you join our group!

sbharr,

Thank you!

Sorry, been away from the boards due to business traveling....

The bus stop going toward Hamilton will be on the opposite aide of the road from the beach. (I had trouble sometimes seeing the blue and pink poles, they are thin) and on the same side of the road as the new Swizzle Inn.

It is pricey for food and drinks, but what on Bermuda isn;t? drinks were great and it is a nice spot to relax outside while enjoying a beverage.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't been to the new Swizzle Inn yet, but there was a drive-by shooting there over the summer. I wouldn't walk in that area after dark alone - there were some tourists assaulted in that area last year.

What's up with the moniker??? Makes you sound like a malcontent. HMMMMM....................two posts and BOTH very negative about Bermuda. Take this one's answers with a grain of salt, folks! (Methinks we have fly in the ointment here.)

Tarheel!!! Small world!

I just came across this post and wanted to say Hi! (say hello to your sister and mom also)! Funny how we met by sharing a cab from Tobacco Bay and then again at the Swizzle Inn!!

So what was your overall impression of first of all the THE SWIZZLE and secondly of the Zenith and Bermuda?

We thought the Swizzle Inn was a hoot and bought some nice tee shirts at their gift store. (For those looking for info, we went to the original Swizzle Inn near St. Georges. and a short #3, #10 or #11 ride from St. Georges and nice to do late in the morning as they open at 11 a.m.)

What's up with the moniker??? Makes you sound like a malcontent. HMMMMM....................two posts and BOTH very negative about Bermuda. Take this one's answers with a grain of salt, folks! (Methinks we have fly in the ointment here.)

The Swizzle Inn on South Shore road was the scene of a drive-by shooting over the summer. Here is the link to the Royal Gazette article(a reputable source and the primary source of news on the island): http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060701/NEWS/107010120&SearchID=73260444473470

Here a few choice quotes from the article (what follows are verbatim quotes from the article linked above).

"It’s thought the attack, which led to an 18-year-old being rushed to hospital after being hit in the upper chest/arm area, was part of a turf war between rival gangs."

"The victim had been standing with three other men on a grass verge at the junction of South Road and Dunscombe Road at 11.40 p.m on Thursday night when he was shot at by the gunman who was no more than 20 feet away. Police sources believe each of the four men could have been the intended target of the shooting."

"The spot is a popular hang out for Ord Road gang members while the bar was packed inside and out with both tourists and locals."

"One employee said: “I worked 9-6 yesterday. I’m just glad I clocked off when I did.” He said he was not surprised about the shooting.

“This area has always been trouble, even when it was Paw Paws. That’s because of the area it’s in. It doesn’t look that bad, but it is.”

END OF QUOTES

I wish the owners of the Swizzle the best of luck. They can't control the neighborhood they are in. Still, I wouldn't go there with MY family. I frequent the original Bailey's Bay Swizzle on a weekly basis. They have a children's menu and if you use the upstairs dining area it has the feeling of a quiet, friendly, family place. Go downstairs if you want the pub feel. The food is good and the Swizzles have gotten better recently. If you are there on the weekend, get something on the barbecue menu: it's all good.

Not ALL of Bermuda stinks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that what the Royal Gazette reported was inaccurate at best..i am a regular visitor to both swizzles, and read the RG online daily. I have friends that actually were there that night.. they didnt even know anything happened until some said somkething..there was no panic..no gang war..just one guy looking for another..i agree any kind of shooting isnt good, but hate for people to blow things out of propotion..look at where all of us live in the US and whats happening here EVERY day..geez guys..Bermuda doesn't stink at all!!

The Swizzle Inn on South Shore road was the scene of a drive-by shooting over the summer. Here is the link to the Royal Gazette article(a reputable source and the primary source of news on the island): http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060701/NEWS/107010120&SearchID=73260444473470

Here a few choice quotes from the article (what follows are verbatim quotes from the article linked above).

"It’s thought the attack, which led to an 18-year-old being rushed to hospital after being hit in the upper chest/arm area, was part of a turf war between rival gangs."

"The victim had been standing with three other men on a grass verge at the junction of South Road and Dunscombe Road at 11.40 p.m on Thursday night when he was shot at by the gunman who was no more than 20 feet away. Police sources believe each of the four men could have been the intended target of the shooting."

"The spot is a popular hang out for Ord Road gang members while the bar was packed inside and out with both tourists and locals."

"One employee said: “I worked 9-6 yesterday. I’m just glad I clocked off when I did.” He said he was not surprised about the shooting.

“This area has always been trouble, even when it was Paw Paws. That’s because of the area it’s in. It doesn’t look that bad, but it is.”

END OF QUOTES

I wish the owners of the Swizzle the best of luck. They can't control the neighborhood they are in. Still, I wouldn't go there with MY family. I frequent the original Bailey's Bay Swizzle on a weekly basis. They have a children's menu and if you use the upstairs dining area it has the feeling of a quiet, friendly, family place. Go downstairs if you want the pub feel. The food is good and the Swizzles have gotten better recently. If you are there on the weekend, get something on the barbecue menu: it's all good.

Not ALL of Bermuda stinks.

• 3 weeks later...
We leave for Bermuda on 10/7 on the Zenith and that is all my sister has been talking to me about is the Swizzle Inn! I guess I know what she is getting for Christmas...a T-shirt from the Swizzle Inn!

I hope it is everything she thinks it is.

I just found my tee shirt from the original Swizzle Inn from 20 years ago, it's says "Swizzle Inn ~ Swagger Out"! I love the Swizzle Inn and have always gone there on all of our land visits to Bermuda. Last time we were there was 3 years ago and the rum swizzles and burgers were still fantastic.

I just found my tee shirt from the original Swizzle Inn from 20 years ago, it's says "Swizzle Inn ~ Swagger Out"! I love the Swizzle Inn and have always gone there on all of our land visits to Bermuda. Last time we were there was 3 years ago and the rum swizzles and burgers were still fantastic.

cjskids,

my fiance and I are going on the Crown Princess (honeymoon), and we want to know how your exprience was.

we are going to Bermuda (west end) on the crown, and i have never been to the Swizzle Inn. How is it

thanks

cjskids,

my fiance and I are going on the Crown Princess (honeymoon), and we want to know how your exprience was.

we are going to Bermuda (west end) on the crown, and i have never been to the Swizzle Inn. How is it

thanks

We've gone to the Swizzle Inn on all our visits to Bermuda too. It's pretty cool. Small, quaint, good food, good drinks. Don't expect anything fancy, and you'll have a good time.

Archived