Seabourn Copenhagen to London 8/31/06 Cruise

Keith1010

We made it back home last evening after spending four days in London.

We had a wonderful time on the Seabourn Pride. We enjoyed meeting our fellow guests from this board from Deanna and Tom, to Rebecca and Hal, to Jim and Davi and to Suzanne and Jeffrey. Glad we were all able to meet so early in the cruise (from meeting Rebecca and Hal when we first boarded the ship) to everyone else when we got together on September 1, to all of our spontaneous times together along with our dinner. We hope that we will get to sail with all of you again on a future cruise and look forward to keeping in touch with you.

There is no question in my mind what makes Seabourn a very unique cruising experience is the passenger's and the crew. The bonding that takes place over the course of the cruise is wonderful. The open seating, along with other factors such as the relative small size of the ship and the few passenger's that travel on any given cruise along with the wonderful staff make cruising on Seabourn to me very unique. We will treasure our talks with each of you and so many of the other fellow passenger's and crew who we sailed with.

Overall, we were very pleased with the entire cruise from the wonderful accommodations, to the excellent food and overall ambience of the ship, to the ports visited to the outstanding service and to all of the ports that we were able to visit. Given the time of year, we lucked out on the weather for the most part. There were a couple of ports where it would have been nicer if we had been docked right down-time rather than either being tendered or docked in another location. It was wonderful that we were able to arrive at the London Tower Bridge.

When we were in London following the cruise it was amazing that we ran into three different couples from Seabourn on the streets in London. What a small world. We also ran into a few couples who stayed at the same hotel that we did. We really lucked out on the weather in London. Perfect weather. We enjoyed the plays and seeing so many great sites in London.

I hope that everyone got back from London safe and sound.

Keith

Keith and AnnMarie,

We too enjoyed meeting you and the others from the board! It was nice to have the instant connections with people we had meet in "cyberspace"! We also arrived home last night and you are certainly correct the weather in London could not have been nicer! The other really good thing about 4 days of extensive walking around the London area is we came home with only an extra 4 pounds of weight after all the wonderful food and drink on the Pride. (I sure do like Nelson's margaritas!!!!)

Going under the Tower Bridge was a highlight of the trip other than it signaled the end of our journey together. Our open bookings were in the mail waiting for us when we arrived home so now we just need to wait to see the rest of the 08 itineraries when they come out so long from now!

I know this is the Seabourn board but just a couple of quick notes on London. If you want no anxiety travel out of London then just book an 0755 flight out in the morning! The drive from S Kensington to Heathrow at 0400 was just 17 minutes!!!! We were able to check in at 0500 when United opened and then through security with no wait, no hassle and no measuring of our carryons! We did spend most of Sat at the Thames Festival and back on Sun night for the Carnivale and fireworks. Not having been to New Orleans the Carnivale was sure something to see. We did see Hampton Ct Palace on Friday, Kew Gardens on Sunday, V&A Mon morning then Buckingham Palace in the afternoon. Now we need to rest up from our vacation.

We hope everyone is well and catching up on their mail like we are!

REBECCA

Greetings to you fellow CCer's who were on the trip with us.

We too can't say enough wonderful things about our trip from; our time spent with each of you, the meeting of other interesting, congenial guests and the amazing service from the Seabourn Crew - those unseen and to those with whom we had daily contacts.

When we went to write our on ship evaluation, there was no way possible to list everyone that had impacted our delightful journey. Our dear Maria,the cabin stewardess, who with only 12 days previous experience, was wonderful. By the end of the trip she was a perfect 10 in her rating. Nelson, who departed in London for his home trip, along with Ivana, made my peachy keeny tini to perfection! Dinner in Two, with Filipe at the helm, was delicious. We enjoyed the tastings and the varied menus during our visits to Two.

Wishing we could list personally other crew names for their special service, but realize we can't as space does not permit, plus we would want to write something particularly special for each name They were outstanding!

Keith and Anne Marie, thank you again for; bringing us together on the board through the roll call, arranging the dinner for all of us to get together, and for your wealth of information you shared prior to our departure. We were a great group and I too sincerely hope we all keep in contact and see one another again on a Seabourn cruise.

London was enjoyable We were hoping to see some of you during our three days but this was not to be. Sunday, when we went to visit the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, we were walking down the middle of the mall street (no cars on Sunday) out came two police motorcyles - flashing lights and telling us to move over. Behind them was a black car, about twenty feet away, with a crest on top about and in it was Prince Philip and Camilla! How exciting! The Buckingham Palace tour was awesome and seeing the Queen's 80 dresses on display was spectacular. We probably spent about 3 hours on this self guided audio tour.

Tom and I are still trying to get back on schedule - it is that 3:30 a.m. automatic wake up time that is difficult. Hopefully that will soon extend.

To a great group of CCer's, thank you for our time spent together and to Seabourn with sincere appreciation for your service and providing us with another memorable trip.

Tom and Deanna

Folks - we too had a great time sailing with you. It was one of those cruises you hated to have end, everything was so good (okay, maybe the weather could have been better!). But I think we all had a great time. Thanks to all for making it a wonderful cruise.

Now back to the real world - we're still working to get back to normal. There's the yard to still clean up after the remnants of Ernesto whirled by here, stuff to take to the cleaners in preparation for their next use, cruise items to put away and a few more items to get in the wash. Suzanne's got a start on the first page of her scrap book and I am still dumping my brain into a Word document I will call my cruise review.

Our passage thru Heathrow was not as smooth as Rebecca & Hal's - arrived about 11:00 to almost an hour to check-in and similar for security. In fact, the x-ray machine in our lane broke down in between me and Suzanne going through it!

All our best to you and be talkin' to you on the board!

Jeff & Suzanne

Archived