Uniworld River Cruises

Janet524

I'd like to get some feedback from those of you who have taken a Uniworld cruise recently. DH and I did 14 days on Seine / Soane /Rhone about 5 years ago and while the cruise was enjoyable (beautiful scenery) the service was awful. It seemed like they grabbed a bunch of college students and made them cruise staff with no training. Uniworld has some itineraries that look interesting, but our first experience was not the best. Perhaps they have improved, and I'd appreciate any information. Thanks.

We were on Uniworld's River Empress last December ('05), Prague-Vienna. With the exception of one waiter who lacked personality, the service was great. Yes, most all were on the younger side, but they provided great service, were very pleasant and helpful. From the hotel manager to the housekeeper, they got to know us. We definitely recommend them.

• 1 month later...

We were on the short Uniworld trip from Brussels to Amsterdam this June. The service was fine, maybe the best part of the ship experience. We had Tony for our cruise director and he was great! The experience of a river cruise was unlike any ocean ship and I really enjoyed it. Having the ship right in the town made it very easy to get around. The food varied from quite good to rather questionable. But all in all it was worth the fare. My daughter and I are thinking seriously about a China trip with Uniworld in the Spring.

I would be glad to answer questions!

We were on the River Ambassador. It was typical of their ships, although I understand that the Royale is a bit fancier. The room was small but adequate. We were on the upper of the two levels and had a nice window. The only funny thing about the rooms are that when you are docked and the tide is low, the window looks directly into the bricks of the pier. It is not a problem, just odd. We did have great weather the first week in June so we were able to use the upper, outdoor decks for sitting. The service was very nice and the help all seemed to be from Western European countries, like Holland. It was our first river trip, but I would certainly go again. Have at least one excursion a day included in the fare certainly helped save money on the day to day expenditures.

Archived