Open dining question

Luvs2trvl

I'm really on the fence about which to choose - the traditional or personal choice. I have always enjoyed going to the same table with the same waiter - it's so relaxing to not have to wait for a table, the waiter knows your preferences and you do get to know your tablemates.

Can someone give me some pros/cons about personal choice??

Several pros to "anytime". First, what if you're stuck with someone at traditional whose company you don't enjoy? It happens. You can always request another table, but if you're like me, you feel like a heel. Second, and more important, is you can eat when your ready to. Some nights, you're going to be tired from shore activities and may want to eat later. Sometimes you want to eat early to get a better seat at the show. Or maybe you're a night owl and usually eat dinner real late. Then there is always the times that you're starving and want to eat NOW...lol. The down side is you do bounce from waiter to waiter, but if you get to know your Matre'D, he will usually take care of you, because he knows his staff. And if you enjoy getting to know table mates, traditional is better. All of this of couse is IMHO.....everyone enjoys one or the other for different reasons.

We chose Anytime Dining and did not go at peak times..which seemed to be from 7:30pm and after...we always asked the Maitre de for a table with our favorite server and were accomodated every time but once. so that can be done (his memory was amazing and he did so much extra, especially for our two children). we ate in the Palm...we had folks on this board tell us afterwards that the Anytime dining room aft (forgot the name) had less traffic, was quieter and even more accomodating...keep that in mind...we'll do anytime the next time again..the other poster is right...you can choose to eat with others, so you meet more people or alone, and you can show up whenever, so no rushing after you get back from excursions..or if you want to see a certain show or movie at a certain time, you are not stuck in your dining slot time.

Archived