Houston-Something inexpensive to do while waiting for evening flight home

Cptnkirky

We will be flying out of Houston Hobby after our princess cruise (from galveston). Out flight is not scheduled till 7:30pm. We could not find an earlier one for the same price, so decided to stick with it. However, the rest of our group (4 others going to a different home location) are leaving on a 3:30 flight.

Therefore, does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do while waiting for our 7:30 flight? We do not need to stay with the rest of our group once they are dropped at the airport for their flight. We are getting transfers from Galveston to Houston through princess, so we will have all our luggage once at the airport dropoff point. I am pretty sure we will get to the airport by or around noon time.

Should we get a taxi and go somewhere, or just hang at the airport? Can we walk to somewhere close with our luggage? Should we check our luggage that early, or do we risk loosing it on the way home? We will not have a lot of $ to spend, as I am sure we will just about spend what we have saved on the actual cruise.

If anyone can give suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks :)

Ok..Hobby airport is a lot easier to work with...But still not really anything to "walk" to...Not sure about luggage holding areas...But I doubt it..

I wonder if you could go ahead and check your luggage when you get there??

Hobby airport is a small airport,but once you leave the direct confines of the airport,and head towards 45...Its kinda a "ruff" part of town..Nothing to walk to..

I would consider renting a car,either from the airport...or from Galveston..If you did it from Galveston..You would have a lot more freedom.Most 1 way,1 day rentals less thatn 50 bucks..Pretty much anything in a large city you would want to do...What dates will you be in town,and what age folks do you have..

Rent a car in Galveston, and stop at the Johnson Space Center on the way to Hobby. Or, explore Galveston. There's also the Kemah Boardwalk, which is pretty Disney-like; people either love it or hate it. There is little of interest immediately near Hobby, and absolutely nothing you can walk to.

Instead of wasting time with the cruiseline transfers, rent a car in Galveston and explore some of the sights in Galveston and between Galveston and Hobby. There really is nothing close to Hobby, plus you most likely won't be allowed to check in your luggage until 4 hours before your flight if you are flying Southwest.

Archived