What's the vibe like?

cdnliving

Hi. We're looking at Constellation for March break with our two kids 12 & 10 - Can someone describe the "vibe" of the ship.....very quiet/lively/etc.

Is there a lively dance bar/disco in the evenings. What kind of music?

Thanks...just wanting to get a feel for the experience!

Hi,

Every cruise is unique...but overall, if the Constellation is doing more than 7 nights, it will likely be an older crowd. Older that Celebrity's already-older crowd (compared with RCI, Princess, etc.)

We find the Celebrity ships to usually go dark after 11 p.m. No one in the discos. Hardly anyone on deck. Which is fine with us. We like to have the place to ourselves under the stars. I think it's a combination of age and the number of balconies. People enjoy their own spaces.

We're returning to Celebrity after two Princess. We think they're very close in amenties, but like the feel of Celebrity a bit more. It's understated.

Vibe is such a tough thing to determine. Let's compare it to a universal, say a car. I'd say it's a Lexus. It will get you where you're going with a bit of flare and sass...but not too much flash.

If you are looking for that Kathy Lee Gifford "In the mornin', in the evenin'- ain't we got fun" vibe- you probably won't like Celebrity.

Celebrity is my favorite cruise line but it is lowkey. Passengers are friendly- no obnoxious drunks or rebel rousers.

I do think that your kids will have a great time because the ship is lovely with many places to explore. There is a nice movie theater, basketball court, pingpong, and a really cool bar called "The Bar at the Edge of the Earth- where there are planned youth activities. There are talent shows and scavenger hunts and a really attentive youth staff.

I can't imagine that they won't have a good time. The last night they have a wonderful deck party by the pool with dancing, a lovely poolside buffet- with ice carvings and fruit carvings- good family fun!

Over spring break, celeb gets more of a family crowd so there will be a younger demographic...more people using the work out facilities--more kids around the pool & more lively in the disco-- overall geared to elegant cruising with excellent food & service as the hallmark.... There are no malls or parades! sounds like you might like the VIbe better on Royal or Disney

Honestly, having just gotten off Disney- I would say the kids 10 and over would prefer Celebrity. The Disney cruise was fantastic for my 6 year old but there isn't as much for the older kids to do and the Wonder and Magic are small by today's standards.

I do hear great things about Royal Caribbean for the older kids.

Perhaps I should clarify what I meant by "vibe". We are not looking for a party cruise. We are not interested in a Disney Cruise, particularly on March Break. We are looking for a lovely, well appointed ship, that has enjoyable activities for our children and us, nice dining, good entertainment, and for that one or two nights that my husband and I have a "date" - an elegant dinner, followed by some entertainment and perhaps some lively dancing at the disco. It's a lot more fun to go dancing when the venue is well attended. We might even live dangerously and stay up past midnight! If you think this cruise does not fit the bill, kindly tell.

Perhaps I should clarify what I meant by "vibe". We are not looking for a party cruise. We are not interested in a Disney Cruise, particularly on March Break. We are looking for a lovely, well appointed ship, that has enjoyable activities for our children and us, nice dining, good entertainment, and for that one or two nights that my husband and I have a "date" - an elegant dinner, followed by some entertainment and perhaps some lively dancing at the disco. It's a lot more fun to go dancing when the venue is well attended. We might even live dangerously and stay up past midnight! If you think this cruise does not fit the bill, kindly tell.

For a spring break cruise with your children, it will be perfect. ALL the ships on spring break are a lot livlier. The bonus with Celebrity is that the food is great and a lot of the bad behavior that occurs on most spring break cruises is far less pronounced on a Celebrity ship. We have done 5 spring break timeframe cruises, 2 on Celebrity. They were by far the best of the lot. You will love it.

Enjoy!

Nicki

Archived