Champagne Balcony Breakfast

cruisesusie

Hi, Has anyone done this? Our t/a gave it to us as a gift and we're really looking forward to it. What would be an appropriate tip? Do they bring all the food at once? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Susan

Susan,

You will really enjoy this romantic balcony breakfast. What a lovely gift from your TA!

It's been a few years since DH and I did this, but the food was all brought at the same time. There's a lot of food, so you might want to save the pastries/donuts for snacks.

I don't recall exactly how much of a tip we gave the room service person - probably more than $5 but less than $10 ($7-8).

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

Chris

If you were buying it for yourself, it would cost a total of $25. A 20% tip would be $5.

We did this on Christmas Day this past year and I wasn't impressed by what we received. The champagne was too sweet, the quiche was bite-sized, there was one crab claw per person, and the pastries were nothing to write home about.

We did it in August, but I was confused and ordered a regular room service breakfast. Then I found my coupon for the special breakfast and asked about it in the dining room. They served us an amazing champagne breakfast with lots of "extras" right there and then because it was the last day and the following morning we were getting off of the ship. They couldn't have been nicer, but by that time I had a hard time eating so much! I would definitely recommend it, and I'd order it correctly next time.:o

Just came back from the Diamond Van-LA run and the Champagne Breakfast was superb. Steward came in and put table cloth on table on balcony, placed champagne bucket on table with glasses, set up cutlery, brought out the smaller table to the corner of balcony and placed all the food trays stacked up on it.

we found it was enough food for 4 and managed to eat it all. About a dozen mini pastries! Here's the menu and some pictures;

454360698_10champagne.JPG.6b032731c5b4836cae0e9bb1009a71c4.JPG

1536486253_10menu.JPG.2cb1273983380e4b6ce99543e1fe3010.JPG

1821010146_10fruti.JPG.679cb464671439d119a5e43682d8a374.JPG

488770970_15food.JPG.9913d4d752196dd1f32cebd88988c6d0.JPG

Sorry the menu ended up being so small but in order to fit the jpeg sizes I had to supershrink it so I'll type the menu:

French Champagne (chilled Half Bottle)

Warm Basket of Mini Homemade Pastries (about a dozen in all...croissants, muffins, danish pastries, buns)

Delicate Smoke Copper River Salmon with Blueberry Cream cheese (served in endive leaf) and toasted bagel (three huge, thick, yummy pieces of smoked salmon)

Medley of Fresh Fruits and Forest Berries with Clover Honey and Chantilly Creme (served in half a cantalopue...one to share but filled with berries..plenty)

Alaskan King Crab Quiche with Tomato and Fontina Cheese Gratin (I posted the picture...yes, a mini-ish quiche but two extra pieces of crab meat plus the stuffed tomato and mini salad)

Plus coffee. We were stuffed at the end. Very nice. Very very nice :)

Can you pre-book the UB Breakfast, or do you have to wait until you're on the ship? DH and I do the UB Dinner each cruise, and you cannot book that until you are on the ship.

Thanks to everyone who has already posted. I hadn't really thought about doing the breakfast, but it sounds too good to resist!!

It was $25.00, plus tip, for two on the Grand on Jan.30. (this amount comes straight from our Passenger Folio which we need to save for tax purposes) We loved it! There was easily enough food for 4 people. Was tempted to order it again on the Caribbean Princess last week, but went to work out, instead!:eek:

O.K. Also just off the Diamond this past Saturday - we also did the UB Breakfast (a treat for our 25th anniversary)! While we did tip extra ($5 I think) isn't that what the $25 is partly for? Just like the 'service' charge in Sterlings or Sabatinnis? Part of that is gratuity - or at least that is what I have always been told. Certainly over and above is welcome, but is not a requirement.

As far as the food, we are not smoked salmon fans, so when I called in to room service to reserve a day and time, I asked if we could get some breakfast meats instead of the salmon(I had read that somewhere here on the boards:) )The answer? "Sure, no problem" Then the question "Do you want some omlets also?" My response "Sure!" Well the morning of the breakfast rolls around and about 20 minutes before our scheduled time the phone rings - "What type of omlete do you prefer?" I answered "Ham and cheese" The response "thank you" (I was impressed) In 10 minutes our breakfast arrived and guess what?

We received:

The crab quiche and crab legs (they were wonderful)

The h&c omletes (best of the week)

A plate of bacon

The pastries

The fresh canteloupe half filled with fruit (also wonderful)

The requested milk

The requested OJ (we made mimosas - more wonderful)

AND the salmon and bagels (which turned out to be pretty darn good!)

All in all it was a wonderful morning, and a definite keeper for any future Princess cruises. The young man that delivered the brakfast was wonderful also! (maybe inspiring the extra tip:) )

Signed,

An ultimate balcony breakfast fan,

Ted

Thanks Ted, I was a litle worried about ordering this breakfast, but now that I know I can have other meats, I'm fine.

I'm always looking for different things to do on a cruise. I'm always trying something new. This time its the UB AND the Catamaran ride to St.John.

Linda

:)

OK that has me sold on it. I was debating it because I'm not a fancy food kind of guy. I like simple, bacon, sausage etc... So going to the buffett always works for me.

But I think I might give this a try one morning. Wonder if I could surprise my wife.

Thanks for all the info.

I booked it for my upcomming cruise. The cost was $25 and they have already billed my credit card.

Linda

:)

Linda,

Did you have to call Princess? I can not find a way to book this on the cruise personalizer.

Thanks,

Steve

Archived