New dining option

crystal808

Hi all...

Just got an email today from my TA, regarding a "new" leisure dining option for SB...the Sky Bar & Grill, on a few selected evenings per week, weather permitting.

Here's the "meat" of the text

<<

PRESS RELEASE

For more Information:**

Bruce Good

(305) 463-3105 or bgood@seabourn.com

SKY GRILL DINNERS: ANOTHER SEABOURN CASUAL DINING OPTION

Steaks, Seafood ‘Under the Stars’ a Fourth Dining Choice for Pampered Guests

MIAMI, September 25, 2006---If it’s true that choice is the ultimate luxury, then Seabourn Cruise Line is living up to its ultra luxury reputation by offering its pampered guests yet another casual alternative dining option aboard the three, all-suite Yachts of Seabourn. The award-winning line has begun occasional service of freshly grilled seafood and sizzling steaks for dinners in the open air at the popular Sky Bar location atop the intimate ships.

“When the weather and the mood are right, there’s no finer place to be than up at Seabourn’s Sky Bar, with the ocean view, the soft music and the stars overhead,” says Seabourn president Deborah L. Natansohn. “I was up there one evening and I thought, ‘I’d really rather eat right here than dress and go down to the Restaurant.’”

As it happened, Seabourn’s vice president of fleet operations Larry Rapp had already been working with corporate executive chef Tony Egger on a plan for serving casual grill fare in the al fresco setting when the opportunity arose. The choice has been enthusiastically embraced by the line’s guests, and Sky Grill Dinners are now scheduled a couple of nights a cruise, weather permitting.

The fare is simple and suited to the on-deck ambience. Steaks, seafood and other perfectly-grilled specialties are the centerpieces of the menus. The Sky Grill can accommodate about 40 of the ship’s 208 guests per night, by reservation, and in keeping with Seabourn’s highly-inclusive, club-like atmosphere, there is no extra charge.

Sky Grill Dinners join the generous range of dining alternatives presented to Seabourn’s guests. Each ship’s elegant, open-seating Restaurant serves award-winning Progressive American cuisine designed by celebrity chef Charlie Palmer. A more casual alternative is offered by “Tastings@2”, serving innovative, small plates tasting menus.

(more)

Seabourn Sky Grill Dinners 2-2-2-2

And, of course, Seabourn guests also have the signature option of ordering from the Restaurant menu and having their dinners served, course by course, by a waiter in the privacy of their suite, where they may choose to dress in anything from formal finery to fluffy bathrobes and slippers.

Sky Grill Dinners is the latest in a series of enhancements and upgrades to Seabourn’s Signature Delights: a myriad of thoughtful touches and pampering plusses that have earned the line a spot on every annual edition of Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious Gold List. Recent additions include Vintage Seabourn, a premium wines pre-purchase package; Seabourn to a Tea, an upgraded menu of rare estate teas, unique blends and herbal tisanes being served on board; Seabourn’s Personal Shopper service providing luxury cars and specialized shopping guides in various ports worldwide; WorldPhone global cell and satellite telephone rental services, and Seabourn’s innovative Personal Valet luggage shipping service.

For information, contact a travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit Seabourn’s award-winning website at HYPERLINK "http://www.seabourn.com" http://www.seabourn.com .

>>

Hope it's okay to forward this info!

Smooth sailing, Sailors!

Paul :D

Thanks for sharing Paul!

So many choices:D

I know I must sound like a broken CD (or record for those of us who remember what those are;) ) ... but one of the most memorable evenings DH and I have ever had was dinner under the stars off the coast of Florida with our dear friends on SD. While those dear friends won't be joining us this cruise we will have to raise a toast to them while dining under the stars.

Jen:

With the right weather, the right friends, and the SB service, it could be a lovely evening on deck....

I know lots of folks will not be overly-concerned about another "casual" dining option, but I think it's a great idea, and a wonderful option for some....

Seems that on SB, one never has "too many" options for excellence! :)

Paul

Wow, yet another great thing to look forward to. Let's hope no rain on the Legend in March.

The more I read the more excited I'm getting.

It just gets better and better, and that much harder to wait!! :D

Paul

who sometimes feels like a little kid, waiting for Christmas again!

Be sure to make reservations at the Sky Bar evening IMMEDIATELY. When I was on board this summer, it was basically impossible to get reservations, as the large groups traveling together booked the evenings first..

Host Dan

I am sure we will have a lovely evening on deck Paul:)

Dan were reservations made the day of dining or a few days in advance? I wonder if SB will go the route of some other lines with "speciality" dining ... meaning you can only made 1 reservation so everyone has the opportunity to partake.

On our recent Copenhagen - London trip they had listed this dining option at different times in the Herald. However, 'weather permitting' did allow any of these special evenings to take place. It certainly is a great option and definitely worth signing up for on the days they are published. Be sure to try 'Two' - it was most enjoyable and provided a more relaxed dining code too.

Thanks, Dan, for the heads up about reservations. Wonder how far in advance the planned evenings are announced?

I'm also excited about trying "2"...and have been since it was announced! Maybe it'll be a little easier some nights to get a reservation...;)

Grilled food is available every day for lunch at the Sky Bar so I wonder how this is substantially different? And as much as I enjoy the grilled foods at the Sky Bar I've never had anything that was "perfectly grilled" there (certainly not as good as on my own Weber).

I am sure we will have a lovely evening on deck Paul:)

Dan were reservations made the day of dining or a few days in advance? I wonder if SB will go the route of some other lines with "speciality" dining ... meaning you can only made 1 reservation so everyone has the opportunity to partake.

The offer was made the same morning, so one out of the large group onboard, pounced on it!

Host Dan

Thought that the only place where we would find pouncing is on a Disney cruise ... with Tigger:p

No there were group pouncers on BB's and other CCers short sample Silverseas cruises in late March/April that books their main alternate restaurant solld every night before 5pm on the day of the embarkation. :(

LOL BB knows a 60 sometime lady that has fits if she can not get to Disney World 4 times a year and is planning a cruise to hit DW Hong Kong......

Archived