Wheelchairs on HMC

Nautical Wheeler

I believe I remember seeing the "dune buggy" tired wheel chairs at the main village on HMC. Some of walkways are fairly well paved but others are sandy and might be a problem for a regular wheel chair. Getting directly on the beach with a regular chair would definitely be a problem but there must be a way to get the bigger balloon tired ones down there. Sorry I don't have any more information than this. :o

I have a HAL DVD here called "Access to Excellence." Yes, they show these special types of wheelchairs on HMC ... with these huge rubber wheels. I would imagine you rent them for use on the island for the day.

Ask your travel agent about the DVD ... she might be able to procure a copy from HAL and loan it to you. It shows all the special features of a HAL cruise that are specifically designed for folks with special challenges.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Does anyone know if they have the "Beach Wheelchairs" available on HMC?

Can the walkways accomodate a regular wheelchair?

Yes, they have 2, its on a first come first served rental (No charge). It has to be rented on the island, which means you need to be on the first tender off and go get one :)

Archived