OMG! OMG! O.M.G.!! Upgrade!

masonpips

Checked my e-mail at home tonight and had a somewhat odd e-mail from RCCL. The e-mail stated:

Dear Travel Partner/Guest:

Please find the documents you requested below.

I was somewhat hesitant to open the attachment (given the e-mail viruses known in e-mails) but did and saw our names, the cruise dates, the ports, WAIT JUST A MINUTE DOES THAT SAY OWNER'S SUITE? WHAT?

Rush to Rccl.com, check to make sure that 1300 *IS* an Owner's Suite and IT IS. Call the number at the bottom of the e-mail and tell the agent I just want to confirm that I DID get an upgrade (side note: sure I sounded totally giddy). She laughed and said "yes you got an Owner's Suite for the price of a Grand Suite". OMG! Jumping up and down. Like an idiot, I told dh (should have surprised the h-e-double toothpicks out of him).

OMG!

I am shaking. I orginially booked a JS through an online travel agent. Really stressed over going for a GS and finally booked that, canceled the other booking and have been working w/RCCL direct ever since. Got our documents w/luggage tags to the GS. Kids didn't know, it is our son's birthday on this cruise and we were going to totally rock their world w/the GS.

NOW THIS!

I have to go post at my Roll Call - PARTY in our room! OMG

Wow, I'll look forward to hearing the reviews after.

PS- If in doubt, save an attachment to your computer first and then open it from the hard drive. On most computers with proper virus protection the file will be scanned for viruses while saving it and you should be notified of any problems before you try to open it. (Just a guideline, there are exceptions to most pc rules.)

Congratulations. What fun when that happens. We too, have enjoyed the upgrade fairy.........and what a good feeling. Enjoy your OS. They are gread cabins!!

Rick

Does the upgrade fairy visit April-May? Or is she mainly a Hurricane season type of gal?

Checked my e-mail at home tonight and had a somewhat odd e-mail from RCCL. The e-mail stated:

I was somewhat hesitant to open the attachment (given the e-mail viruses known in e-mails) but did and saw our names, the cruise dates, the ports, WAIT JUST A MINUTE DOES THAT SAY OWNER'S SUITE? WHAT?

Rush to Rccl.com, check to make sure that 1300 *IS* an Owner's Suite and IT IS. Call the number at the bottom of the e-mail and tell the agent I just want to confirm that I DID get an upgrade (side note: sure I sounded totally giddy). She laughed and said "yes you got an Owner's Suite for the price of a Grand Suite". OMG! Jumping up and down. Like an idiot, I told dh (should have surprised the h-e-double toothpicks out of him).

OMG!

I am shaking. I orginially booked a JS through an online travel agent. Really stressed over going for a GS and finally booked that, canceled the other booking and have been working w/RCCL direct ever since. Got our documents w/luggage tags to the GS. Kids didn't know, it is our son's birthday on this cruise and we were going to totally rock their world w/the GS.

NOW THIS!

Party on!!!!! Congrats on the visit from the "upgrade fairy", and enjoy every little minute!!

Fran in Toronto

Congrats on the upgrade to an OS. Got upgrades to OS the last two cruises due to being a Diamond+ member. You'll love it. Also, be careful, it will spoil you for future cruises. Was in Cabin 1600 just on the other side of the ship from your room.

Have fun and enjoy....

Dave

OMG!

NOW THIS!

This past January, I booked a JS, then stressed about whether I should have sprung for the GS to offer DW the concierge treatment, so called TA back and had her change the JS booking to a GS (this was on the Radiance). Did not tell DW, who was expecting a JS. DS, then 9, knew nothing at all, not even about the cruise or any trip let alone a suite.

Then 30 days in advance TA calls and says they've bumped me up to a GS.

I didn't tell. Got the bang for the buck when DW saw the suite, and when she saw the roomy Bathroom I'd finally impressed her. As she told everyone we met on the ship--it was larger than our bathroom at home (okay, I admit it, I live in a 1961 ranch...but the LOCATION is excellent...)

So enjoy, and dont worry that you told your DH, now he gets to enjoy the anticipation as well.

Probably the upgrade fairy felt really bad because the Sooners were robbed in the Oregon game!! :rolleyes:

I hope the magic continues for another Okie...:D

LL

LOL, my husband graduated from OSU but still felt OU was robbed (his first love is orange, but then he'll root for any Big 12 team). I grew up in the midwest, am transplanted here and still root for either ND or the Big 10!

Upgrade fairy I'm going to bed now. I put some sand under my pillow so hope you come tonight. Oh and If your the old Upgrade fairy and can't remember i am on the Adventure of the sea's Nov. 26th sailing and this will be my 16th cruise on RCCL and yet to have a visit from you. Good night and will check under my pillow in the morning.

your friend James (and if santa reads this i have been a good guy this year too)

Upgrade fairy I'm going to bed now. I put some sand under my pillow so hope you come tonight. Oh and If your the old Upgrade fairy and can't remember i am on the Adventure of the sea's Nov. 26th sailing and this will be my 16th cruise on RCCL and yet to have a visit from you. Good night and will check under my pillow in the morning.

your friend James (and if santa reads this i have been a good guy this year too)

Hope that works for you!!!

I just returned from a GOS sailing and was upgraded from an OV to a JS...not as nice as what you got but still pretty darn good!!!! Then, I saw an aft available and we switched cabins...the aft was wonderful...and all I thought I was going to have was an OV cabin...WOW...that sand does work!!!!

Archived