Fixin' to Cruise!!! Tips for Me??

osiebosie

My dd and sil (they will be bringing my grandchild along who isn't born yet) and dh and I are sailing on the Connie on October 16 on a Canada/New England cruise.

What tips, secrets, definites do you have for us? What do we want to make sure we don't miss? Is there a special part of the ship no one knows about we need to go to? A special meal? A fabulous restaurant or shop at a port? Something to ask for while on the ship (other than shrimp cocktail)? What not to do?

It's getting close, and the anticipation is like ketchup!!! I'm nearly packed, but still have so much to do, but always plenty of time to read Cruise Critic...

Thanks,

Shay

Well.......

I would guess you are flying into Newark.

Taxi over to the pier.

You should be able to check in about 11am and board by noon.

Bring a sweater as it's starting to get cool here. And you will be heading up into the northern areas. It will be a color blast as the trees are starting to change colors here now.

Make sure to hit the T pool one day for the bubbles.

Sushi is at 6pm each night.

There should not be any chair hogs about the pool so if your trying to steal a tan - should not be a problem.

Read as many threads about your ship, cruise line, and ports of call as you can. There are hidden gems in many of them. And go to your local public library for travel books about the ports and search the Internet for the local tourism agencies. We found, especially on our New England/Canada cruise, that we can save a lot of money--and do more things--on our own than in waiting for a bunch of stragglers to return to a tour bus.

Also, sign up on the rollcall for your sailing.

If this is your first cruise; (if not, you already know everything I have put into this note) All above are great suggestions. Also, get around the ship, participate in the activities that interest you, you will likely find someone else with the same interests; if you have a balcony, take time to have afternoon snack or drink there. (weather permitting), if you see something on the menu that you have never tried, be adventurous, it might be good. (I discovered the joy of cold soups, escargot, frog legs, etc that way)

Thank ya'll for the suggestions.

So we can check in at 11:00? The book says 2:00, but we'll probably be there much earlier. I'd love to get on earlier.

We've got nothing but warm clothes packed, as my dd, who's done the Canada/New England cruise on another line said it would be cold.

We're planning on the t-pool, and hopefully it won't be too hot for my daughter, who's pregnant. We're also planning on the specialty restaurant, at least once.

We always do our own excursions, and we're on the rollcall, so we can meet everyone!

We'll be in cc class, so we are planning on eating quite a bit, especially breakfast, in the cabin. Hopefully we can eat out on the balcony, weather permitting. Cruises are about the only place I try things I would never pay for in a restaurant, such as escargot and caviar. I'll pretty much try everything once. I also have no problem ordering two entrees, or soups, or desserts, if it seems to tickle my fancy. With my daughter being pregnant, and her wierd cravings, there's no telling what we may end up eating.

We pretty much know what we like to do on our cruises, since we've been on many of them. But what I am more curious about is the particular ship, the Constellation. I've read all of the threads (well, not every single one ever started) regarding the Connie, but I was wondering if someone knows some special trick or tip for us.

We can't wait. Just over two weeks away!!!

Anticipation. An-ti-ci-pa-a-tion, is making me wait...

Shay

Don't miss the finale island party at the pool deck.

Don't forget to try the spa cuisine and the t-pool (free)

If you go to the spa- skip the massage and get the reflexology foot massage- way better. If Ianita is there ask for her.

As for the ship- don't miss the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth".

If they have dance lessons on sea days- attend them. They will try to hook you up with a partner if you don't have one.

Take advantage of the nearly empty lounges during the day for a nice spot to read.

You are going to love this ship.:p

Don't miss the finale island party at the pool deck.

Don't forget to try the spa cuisine and the t-pool (free)

If you go to the spa- skip the massage and get the reflexology foot massage- way better. If Ianita is there ask for her.

As for the ship- don't miss the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth".

If they have dance lessons on sea days- attend them. They will try to hook you up with a partner if you don't have one.

Take advantage of the nearly empty lounges during the day for a nice spot to read.

You are going to love this ship.:p

I know Ianita, she is my friend and yes she still on the ship until Dec, 8. She is amazing and very professional person. All treatments that she does just great.

I am going on Conie again Oct, 27 cannot wait.

Tell Ianita that Rebecca says "hi"- she might remember me from the April/Easter cruise because she was so nice- she gave my five year old boy a massage! :)

Sure Rebecca I will say "hi" to Ianita from you, she would like to know that you remember her, she is amazing person and in my opinion one of the best therapist in the SPA.

Have a wonderful time on the Constellation (I'm Jealous) It was a lovely cruise and the staff in general was wonderful.

As for Ianita- she was really good. She did my feet and said my left hip and right neck and shoulder were probably giving me trouble - they don't ache now but last year I went to a chiropractor and he said that my neck hurt from carrying my son on my left hip (pulls on the diagonal). She had no way of knowing this- I did not indicate this on the card. Then when she gave my son Marc a massage and foot massage- she asked if he gets nose bleeds- he does! He gets one a month. I was really surprised again.

I think she really knows her stuff.

Have a wonderful time on the Constellation (I'm Jealous) It was a lovely cruise and the staff in general was wonderful.

As for Ianita- she was really good. She did my feet and said my left hip and right neck and shoulder were probably giving me trouble - they don't ache now but last year I went to a chiropractor and he said that my neck hurt from carrying my son on my left hip (pulls on the diagonal). She had no way of knowing this- I did not indicate this on the card. Then when she gave my son Marc a massage and foot massage- she asked if he gets nose bleeds- he does! He gets one a month. I was really surprised again.

I think she really knows her stuff.

Thank you Rebecca, I will definatelly have a wonderful time on Conie, looking forward for great 11 days. It will be my 18th cruise on Celebrity and 6th on Conie(my favorite ship). I've met so many great people who are working there and making our cruises special all time. Some of them became my very good friends and Ianita is a number one. I've never tried Reflexology before, but what you wrote is very interesting, Ianita offered me so many times to do it, but I never really care about that specific treatment, but this coming cruise I will do it for sure.

I hope your little son enjoyed the treatments.

He is a very spoiled six year old (birthday was 9/2)! We went on the Millenium in May of 2005- Transatlantic cruise. It was wonderful. On several of the sea days they did poolside massages for $1 per minute! What a bargain. They used the massage chairs. Anyway, I got a ten minute massage and then my son (then 4) asked if he could have one. Not only did the masseuse get a kick out of this- people near by chuckled. It was very cute. We had another one a couple days later.

They didn't offer the poolside massages on Constellation in April. So my son was a little disappointed. That's why Ianita volunteered to do one. She didn't charge for it and it was really kind of her. I had two treatments with her though.

I recommend the reflexology highly. You feel it all over your body and I felt that I got more benefit from that than a Swedish massage. In fact, anyone who had pre-existing conditions that might not like having a Swedish massage- would probably be a good candidate for the foot massage. Anyway, try it- you'll like it.

On my last cruise, I got, for the first time in my life, a hot stone massage.

HEAVEN!

I will probably get another one, and I'll be sure to ask for Ianita.

We leave in ONE WEEK! I'm fininshing packing today, and the rest of the week is going to be used for getting my business ready and my house/dogs/cats ready.

Can't wait,

Shay

On my last cruise, I got, for the first time in my life, a hot stone massage.

HEAVEN!

I will probably get another one, and I'll be sure to ask for Ianita.

We leave in ONE WEEK! I'm fininshing packing today, and the rest of the week is going to be used for getting my business ready and my house/dogs/cats ready.

Can't wait,

Shay

Shay, the last time when I saw Ianita in December 2005 it was the only treatment she was not doing : Hot stone massage. But you will check and ask her. Have a great cruise. I am going on Connie right after you.

Well, a regular massage doesn't even compare to a hot stone massage, imho. BJ feels the same way. I guess she won't be able to have any massages because of her pregnancy. ?? Maybe Ianita is doing them now. I've heard that the refloxogy is great, too, but I've never had it done.

Shay

Archived