Crown Princess that Different from Golden & Grand?

Perki

Just booked a Southern Caribbean itinerary on Crown for April 2007 and been reading the reviews. Pretty mixed, mostly. However both the Grand & Golden seem to be more consistently positive in their reviews. With this being a sister ship to those, what gives? Can anyone that has been on Crown that has been on Golden/Grand give me an idea of what would make it worse? I am looking forward to our cruise, always do, and take all reviews with a grain of salt - we all have different tastes and expectations after all - but wondering if there is anything to it.

Also, wondering, are the balcony rooms on Caribe deck large enough to accommodate a lounge chair or two (if need to remove standard chairs that's ok) and if so has anyone requested and received them?

Are there several bars to hang out at in the evenings? We are not production show type of people, sometimes hit the Comedy shows but rarely those too. Enjoy karaoke or just fun sports bar or someplace to hang out and drink and meet others after dinner - think more upbeat (but not the disco). Thank you!

The major difference is the Riviera deck, so more people on the Crown. A few layout differences of some of the lounges, but essentially the Crown is the same ship with one more deck of cabins. The public areas are pretty much the same capacity on all ships; but you do have more passengers all wanting to get into those venues on the Crown.

The Crown is a new ship and I think you will find more "bugs" in the first 6 months or so on a new ship. More to complain about.

I have sailed on all of the Grand Class ships. The Crown is a very refined version of the first Grand Class ships. The same basic shell but with much more then the first (Grand).

Lots of bar choices and the Caribe deck balconies will hold 2 loungers. Just aske your cabin steward. :)

Simple – 500 extra people with little additional public space. Doesn’t matter how pretty the ship is, how new it is or how many amenities, that many extra people crammed into the same amount of space is going to adversely affect the experience.

Archived