My last post for a while....

Old As Dirt Mom

We have added your niece to our prayer list and there will be LOTS of Methodists praying for her and your entire family. Remember, if God brings you to it, he will pull you through it. Please post when you can and know that the prayers won't stop. Cindie

Karin: Please keep your chin up. You and all your family will be in our prayers. You will need you strength at a time like this so don't forget to take care of yourself as so often happens in times of tragedy.

Please, if you are up to it, keep us informed.

And let me guess, the drunk driver walked away unscathed...I get so upset when I hear about the devastation drunk drivers can wreak, and yet 9 times out of 10, they come out with nary a scratch. I will be thinking of you and your niece, middleagedmom, and hoping that she comes through this tragedy stronger than ever.

Karin, I'm so sorry to hear about your neice - please know that she will be added to my prayer candle each evening. May God also give you and the rest of her family the strength required to get her through the recovery process.

Smooth Sailing !

Karin- So terribly sorry. Please post as you can. I very much liked your posts and will miss you very, very much.

Patval- Paul that is one of most beautiful prayers I have seen. I have printed it out and will offer it many times for Karin's niece.

Hello fellow CC'ers:

I hope it's OK to post this. I will be brief.

If you are so inclined, please pray for my 12-year-old niece who is in critical condition at the University of New Mexico hospital in Albuquerque. She, her brothers, and parents were riding their horses near Santa Fe when a drunk driver crossed over the road and ploughed into them. (Two horses are dead.) If she pulls through, the doctors say she will need to be hospitalized for 6-8 weeks, plus another 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation. My mother will be going to New Mexico to help my brother and his family during some of this difficult time. My father requires a lot of extra care due to poor health, so I will be helping to care for him, and spending much less time in front of my computer for a while.

Would appreciate your prayers and thoughts for this young girl, who, if she pulls through, may never have the use of one of her legs again.

I have truly enjoyed making the acquaintance of so many of you through this forum. I appreciate your patience in replying to my many naive, and frequently wrong, questions and statements. I appreciate your intelligence, your humor, and most of all, your genuine kindness. I love to read your travel stories and adventures. I have gleaned so much useful information here. Thank you.:)

I promise to post an update, if that is permitted.

Karin

Karin, keep us posted; drunk driving in NM is one of the worst in the country: I think only Montana has a worse situation. I am so sorry to hear about your family. Of course we will all pray for her. If it makes you feel any better and I am not sure anything can right now: University of NM hospital is one of the best in the country. Many people don't know that. They just think of NM as a place in the wild, wild west with horses, cowboys, some know we have poverty and a govenor who wants to be President. They aren't aware of things like our great University hospital or our great Medical school for all types of medical education. Please keep us posted and try to spend a little time on the computer, everyone needs a break now and then. NMnita

Hello fellow CC'ers:

I hope it's OK to post this. I will be brief.

Please rest assured your niece will go right on my prayer list. What a sad, tragic accident.

You do whatever you need to do to support your family in this terrible time, but please stop by here occasionally to let us know how your family, especially your niece, is doing and to let us rally around and support you.

As for your niece possibly never having the use of one of her legs again ... prayer and determination heals all. Your niece is young and she is obviously surrounded by people who care about, and love her very, very much. She may surprise you and do things that even the doctors may say will never happen. So never, ever give up hope.

Always search for the blue skies ... they are hiding just beyond those gray ones. And, if there is anything your CC family can do ... just give a shout out ...

You can email me at kry.os@verizon.net anytime ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Dear Karin, I am so sorry to read this---I'll keep you, your niece, and all your family in my prayers. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Please come back whenever you're ready and give us an update. We're here for you if you need us. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Karin - I will pray for your niece.

I truly believe prayers work. My brother-in-law was gravely ill four years ago after having suffered an infection after open heart surgery. His heart burst 3 times and he is alive to tell the tale today (and not doing badly).

I asked EVERYONE I talked to to pray for him. I sent money to healing missions to ask them to pray for him. Contact everyone you know who belongs to a group and ask them to pray for her. The more loving thoughts that are sent her way, the better she will be.

In the meantime, believe that she will be okay in the long run. Your belief will help, too.

Roberta

Oh, Karin, my heart breaks for you and your family. I do so hope CC will allow this thread to stay.

I have so enjoyed you over the time you've been on this board and reading this terrible news just now felt like a punch in my heart. It's so painful to read when such senseless and inexcusable accidents like this happen and hurt a family so much.

My thoughts and my prayers will be with you, your niece and your entire family. Hopefully she will do much better than you may think. Miracles, particularly for young people, happen all the time.

Email me anytime if you need support [EMAIL="Luvs2cruise@aol.com"]Luvs2cruise@aol.com[/EMAIL].

Fondly, Heather

Archived