Miami hotel info

Nuncie

Nuncie,

The past two cruises we went out of the Miami port. We stayed at the Radisson Hotel about a mile from Bayside mall and 10 minute ride to the Port. Very nice hotel but a little pricey. This past April we stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from the Bayside mall. That was a little more reasonably priced plus you could walk across the street to Bayside Mall which has a ton of good restaurants, shops, outdoor entertainment...a lot of fun. Both hotels were about a 20 minute ride from the airport and taxi ran about 25 with tip. The ride to the Port was half that price and only 10 minutes or so. Very easy to get a taxi to the port from both hotels.

Hope that helps.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was fine for a night or two before a cruise. Cost was about US$100 per night. Very convenient for the port and across from the Bayside Market.

I will be staying at the Intercontinental in November. I got a good deal through Priceline and the reviews seem to be good.

andrew

I stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was fine for a night or two before a cruise. Cost was about US$100 per night. Very convenient for the port and across from the Bayside Market.

I will be staying at the Intercontinental in November. I got a good deal through Priceline and the reviews seem to be good.

andrew

The Intercontinental has the most awesome beds I've ever slept in. Soooooo soft and comfortable! And it's in walking distance to Bayside. Party the night away, get a good nights sleep had hit the ship in the morning. It's a great place to stay.:)

check out my recent post "miami hotel, with a view"...

I was looking for a place with a great view of the port with a balcony. There were some great photos posted there regarding the Marriott Biscayne Bay and I was hooked!! I already booked it for next summer.

have a great trip!

Esmerelda

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn port of Miami, i loved the location, there was so much to do and see. You can watch the cruise ships from across the harbor.

We are driving down to Miami, so port distance was not such an issue. We are going on Navigator in December, we booked the Colanade in Coral Gables. The room lists out at almost $400.00 per night during that time frame, but we got it on Priceline for $79.00.

We were shocked to get such a grand hotel for such a price. We hads never used Priceline before, but I can assure you we will again!

Hi All

We stayed in the Holiday Inn last year pre Navigator cruise and found it really handy for Bayside. The rooms were clean if a little dated but if you're lucky you'll get a port view and be able to see your ship berth in the early hours.

Two pieces of advice for this hotel, there are only 2 elevators from memory and at check out these get very very busy, so you can end up waiting a while to get to reception. Also check out is very busy on port days so using on-line check out through your TV is a benefit. Not sure if you can only do this if you're a Priority Club member (Intercontinental's frequest guest rewards system).

Staying at the Intercontinental this time (only 21 days away!).

The Holiday Inn Bayside is very convenient for walking to Bayside etc, and is the most reasonably priced hotel. They are usually sold out, so book early.

I've also stayed at the Radisson downtown once (got a rate thru Priceline) and the hotel was OK.

Most of the time I stay at the Hyatt and also book through Priceline.

Archived