Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

Sorry....

I was about to freak out. I saw Trevette stuck again, I was like "What the..?" I thought I was getting bashed.LOL

Nah. Nothing but a possible kind request to ask you to remove the stuff in your siggie. Something in it is bad.

Hi Everyone - :)

I have been following this thread - as I am taking my first solo in two weeks on the Celebration. I am in the same "boat" as Jeff - I have often cruised with friends and family but never solo. My DD's are a little nervous about me doing this - but I am ready.

I live in Jax so the Celebration was my first choice for this new adventure, and I couldn't pass up the awesome price I got several weeks ago - so I jumped on it. I am able to cruise more often than my friends for several reasons, I have more vacation time and I live close to the ports being 2 of those reasons.

Once concern I have is formal night - do you all get really decked out - or just somewhat? It will feel kinda wierd to be all dressed up so I plan to take something classy but not too formal.

The other concern is going ashore. There are only 2 other groups on my roll call - one couple and a group of friends/cousins. I am hoping that I do get a table of other solo's like me at dinner.

I promise to come back and let you all know how it goes. Also, I monitor the solo thread here at CC. Unfortunately not too many Carnival cruisers are on that thread. I think it would be fun if we could all get together on a Carnival cruise sometime in the future. I stick with Carnival because it is all I know and the pricing allows me to cruise more often.

Like Jeff said - all suggestions on making this a great vacation are welcome! :D

I went on a solo cruise in Oct 2000 and had a blast. As for formal night, I'd go with a simple black dress that you can accessorize with nice jewelry - You can't go wrong with that!! Carnival seated me at a table with 10 other solo passengers which was really nice, there's also the singles party one night. Have fun!

This is weird. Every time I pull up this thread and click on "last post" I get Trevette's first post with no option to respond. I have to go back to page 4 and read the "recent posts" part after respond to see what is new. Maybe tomorrow' date=' when I sign on, it will be straightened out.

Allen[/quote']

Sorry Trevette and all but I asked if there is something that can be done to fix this.

If not I asked to have your first post removed to make it easier to get to the last post of the thread for all.

All in all I am very happy with the way this thread is going.

Getting alot of positive feedback for those of use thinking of cruising solo or those of you who have.:)

Thanks

Jeff

By the way.

When I logged on to "CC" tonight they have an article on "Solo Cruising". I read it a while back. Lots of hints and lines that have single cabins.

I still can't believe that a line would want to charge me 200% for a cabin. Especially with what my bar tab can be...........:eek: :D

Jeff

I've cruised twice by myself now and have had a good time both times. I've met some really nice people...groups and couples, that I've hung out with. I didn't check your profile, but if you're a woman, like me, just be cautious and don't get drunk. :p

I've cruised twice by myself now and have had a good time both times. I've met some really nice people...groups and couples, that I've hung out with. I didn't check your profile, but if you're a woman, like me, just be cautious and don't get drunk. :p
I hope not with a name like .... Jeff.....:eek:

PS: I will though try not to get drunk...:rolleyes:

cafn8me,

Looks like my first response to you did not come through.

No ...not female with a name like Jeff.

Women should be careful when doing anything by themselves...even shopping at the mall. Drinking does not help.

On me getting drunk on a ship...or for that matter at a mall...it has been know to happen.:D

Jeff

After reading all of these posts, I have decided to do a solo cruise sometime this winter. Sounds like fun. Diane
Hey Diane,

Is that before of after the Zenith cruise...???:D

I know...I'm still deciding....

After the Zenith. I mentioned it to Paul, my son and cruising companion, and he's all for it. As a matter of fact, he's been looking for cruises for me. Do you think he's tired of sailing with me?

I go on the Inspiration next thursday as a solo cruiser as a treat to me for my birthday (can't wait!)...

I will let you all know of my experience and will try to be more open than I usually am, which is usually very friendly and personable, I will take in all the tips offered so far....(thank you) I will be myself as always, be open to chatting, give "couples" that space, etc,....

I'll let you all know how it goes. Kinda nervous too, but I have learned a lot from this site and all of you, so I plan to take it all in!

After the Zenith. I mentioned it to Paul, my son and cruising companion, and he's all for it. As a matter of fact, he's been looking for cruises for me. Do you think he's tired of sailing with me?
Probably not...he just might want you to go on one by yourself so he can go on one by himself.

And i will leave the rest alone.

From meeting you on the other thread I am glad to see someone I kind of know has made a choice due to starting this thread.

All the wonderful answers I got from all the folks trying to help all of us first time as solo cruisers (even though most of us have cruised befoore but with someone) has been nothing less than great. It has helped myself and others make up their minds to do this.

You all have made a difference for us. Thank you....

Folks as they used to say on TV shows years ago..."Keep those cards and letters coming":)

Jeff

HELLO SOLO CRUISERS....

My name is BARBARA......

I cruise solo.......

Cruising is the best vacation....

I enjoying cruising........

As soon as I get back from one cruise,I am ready to go again....

I have been on back to back cruises.........

A cruise is a good present to give to yourself for your Birthday

or CHRISTMAS or NEW YEAR's............

Cruising is sooooooo much fun...............

So all of you first time solo cruisers go and have a great time......

HI Barbara - I have been watching for you. Anxious to hear about your btb on the Fantasy. Did you post a review and I missed it? :confused: Tell us what you did to have fun. I would love to hear what you did in Nassau. Leaving in 1 week on the Celebration! :eek: Any veteran tips about that ship?

HI Barbara - I have been watching for you. Anxious to hear about your btb on the Fantasy. Did you post a review and I missed it? :confused: Tell us what you did to have fun. I would love to hear what you did in Nassau. Leaving in 1 week on the Celebration! :eek: Any veteran tips about that ship?

Hello Kathy........

No review on the FANTASY....

My cruise was goood.......

Enjoyed being on the ship..........

The first week,in the dining room I sat at a table with

singles,,,,the lead male singer from the big shows sat at the table..

He had a friend visiting with him...........

In Nassau,I just got off the ship and walked into town.........

Went to the StrawMarket..........

Being alone no way will I go get in a cab,,,,,althought they

the cab drivers try to get as many as they can in a van........

I did go over to the Atlantis last Dec,,went on the water taxi......

I have been in Nassua sooooo many times...........

I just walked around bought some post cards and t-shirts.........

The CELEBRATION is a great old ship.......

I think that I read that CHRIS JEFFERSON is the CD............

He was in 2004........I thought he was gooood..........

I am going on the HOLIDAY for NEW YEAR's....

And I am doing a back to back.........

My niece will be with me-12/28........

I am staying on for 1/1/07..............

Cruising is soooo much fun...........

Friends at work think I have something going on

with the CAPTAIN........I just laugh...................

Barbara - Thanks for the quick reply. I am heading out of town for a quick business meeting in Pittsburgh. Heard it is COLD up there now. Next week will be in KY! Anyway - I will check back in here when I get home tomorrow night.

I think the water taxi will be my best bet - although I have heard they pack em in like sardines. Did you ever feel unsafe on that thing? Knowing that you have done this solo many times eases my mind.

I am so glad you had a great time! I loved the Fantasy. The only thing I missed on the Fantasy and will miss on the Celebration will be my balcony!:o

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I started to travel solo. While most land vacations can be somewhat lacking and limiting when travelling solo, I have found that I enjoy cruises so much more when solo. I am an extrovert to the 25th power but enjoy my solitude at times also. My pet peev is waiting for other people to get ready. I hate, hate, hate waiting on folks when I am on vacation. I want to go. I tend to wander both on the ship and at the ports. Also, I have funny sleep patterns and do not have the handicap of having to try not to disturb someone else when I wake up (or go to bed) at 3:00 a.m. Having a cabin to yourself is a true vacation.

Cruising solo is so for me I can't describe it.:p

As a solo cruiser I found that people gravitate to you on the ships because you are the one with all the great "just do it" ideas and energy. Something I have to shake people off a little so that I do maintain my "freedom". However it is all done in fun.

For all of you getting ready to jump into the solo cruiser's pool, "just do it". After a few solo cruises, you will be hard pressed to find a reason to look for a companion just because you want to take a cruise. As they say, "once you go solo, you don't go back." Ha! Ha! Ha!:D

I would not worry too much about the cab drivers when solo. They do not want the heat and trouble that will fall on their shoulders if they take someone from the pier and that someone disappears. In fact, in most of the carribbean islands I have found the cabbies to be a bit "protective" of the solo women travellers. They hoover and want to stand guard. It is kind of sweet. (however, none of this applies if you are falling down drunk)

Enjoy, oh I so envy you guys.

Anyway -- go go go. The more that go solo, the sooner the cruise ships will stop punishing us with that 100% supplement.

In my single days I went on 1 cruise alone and had a great time.

I found my room and spoke to some people in the hall and boom, they invited me to a private party they had. I did some shore activites with some other singles and even women whose spouses went off to play golf or whatever.

Also, the waiter at my dining table changed my table for me to a group of all single people.

Turned out to be a great vacation. If I were single I would do it again.

I have found that I enjoy cruises so much more when solo. I am an extrovert to the 25th power but enjoy my solitude at times also. My pet peev is waiting for other people to get ready. I hate' date=' hate, hate waiting on folks when I am on vacation. I want to go. I tend to wander both on the ship and at the ports. Also, I have funny sleep patterns and do not have the handicap of having to try not to disturb someone else when I wake up (or go to bed) at 3:00 a.m. Having a cabin to yourself is a true vacation.

Cruising solo is so for me I can't describe it.:p

.[/quote']

Suzin, you're inspiring me! This will be my first solo, having also just finished a marriage "implosion" (great word for it!):) . It sounds like we're a lot alike, especially concerning hating to wait on someone to get ready, and having unusual sleeping habits. I am gregarious, but at the same time, don't "need" people and can enjoy solitude.

By traveling with the Saints and Sinners group through CC, I hope to have found the best of both worlds...... companionship and people I "know" at activities, yet with the option of just being by myself for extended periods if I so desire. The sense of no duties or obligations sounds good.

Thanks for your optimism, and wish me luck. I leave on the Carnival Conquest on Sunday for seven days. It will also be my first Carnival cruise.

Allen

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Suzin' date=' you're inspiring me! This will be my first solo, having also just finished a marriage "implosion" (great word for it!):) . It sounds like we're a lot alike, especially concerning hating to wait on someone to get ready, and having unusual sleeping habits. I am gregarious, but at the same time, don't "need" people and can enjoy solitude.

By traveling with the Saints and Sinners group through CC, I hope to have found the best of both worlds...... companionship and people I "know" at activities, yet with the option of just being by myself for extended periods if I so desire. The sense of no duties or obligations sounds good.

Thanks for your optimism, and wish me luck. I leave on the Carnival Conquest on Sunday for seven days. It will also be my first Carnival cruise.

Allen[/quote']

I want to live your wonderful time on your first solo cruise vicariously!!!!:p

You will have a ball.

I don't know if it was because it was my first cruise ever but I had the best time of all my cruises (every year since 1998 except last year because I am off to Europe next week) on the sensation. I joined in on all the activites and mingled with all that I could. It was a great time!

volcano

Archived