hotels in Seattle

bigred12

We stayed in the Comfort Suites Downtown/Seattle Ctr.

601 Roy St. , Seattle (206) 282-2600

It is walkable to the Space Needle and Science Center:) . It was clean and plenty big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. They have underground (free) parking. No restaurant, although they have a (free) buffet breakfast in the morning with cereal, coffee/tea, danish and yogurt. They were doing some construction in the area in June, so check on that in case there's a noise problem.

We stayed at Comfort Suites on Roy St. on 9/9 for one-night pre cruise and at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront on 9/18 post cruise last month. Enjoyed Comfort Suites for its proximity to the Seattle Center and found traveling other places via taxi quite easy.

Enjoyed our stay at the Marriott on the waterfront as well, not only due to its great service and supurb room amenities but also for its fantastic view of the harbor.

Dianne

I used to work for a bank based in Seattle - stayed there quite a bit. The Rennasaince Madison (sp?) is very nice, as is the Westin. Stayed at the Summerfield Suites for six weeks and it is nice. I have heard that the neighborhood surrounding the Space Needle is a bit shady, not sure how true that is, though. If you stay anywhere in downtown Seattle you can walk to the Westlake Center (mall) and catch the Monorail over to the space needle thus avoiding the area around the Space Needle altogether.

Some of my favorite restaurants are in Seattle . . . Elephant and Castle, Vons, the Brooklyn. Have fun!

We, too, stay at the Edgewater (in fact I will be there again on Thursday for five nights -- visiting family in Seattle) -- We love that hotel -- it is different and a real Seattle experience. The service is fantastic, the new bathrooms are incredible, the restaurant is quite good and the views while sitting in the restaurant or the bar are incredible.

And, just a note -- I thought that the monorail was not running at the present time? Someone from the area please respond and let us know.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Airport Sleep Inn? I have a room booked there for Oct. as I have an 8:40 am flight out of Seattle and it is a 3 three hour drive to Seattle from here.

I have also thought about using Amtrak instead of taking my car but have no idea how far it is from the hotel and it may be less hassle just to drive.

Tried posting this question on the West Coast Departures and got one reply, and went with their recommendation to stay at the Sleep Inn.

Bev

Archived