Specialty Restaurants, do they charge?

azkitty

:confused: We will be taking our first Princess cruise in Feb. Can anyone tell me if there is a charge to eat in the specialty restaurants and how much? What about the main dinning room(s), is the food good and are there a lot of choices? Is it different on different Princess ships? We will be on the Golden. How is the food on the Golden?

Most of the Princess ships have 2 specialty restaurants. Sabatini's is an Italian place. The charge is $20 per person. I thought the food was very good. You get it sample many dishes and order your main course. There is also a steak place. I did not try it.

The main dining room has a good variety of food. If you do a search you can find sample menus from various sailings. I could easily eat just in the dining room or buffets, but I wanted to try the specialty place and I would go there again.

The food on Princess is extremely good! In the main dining room, you will find great appetizers, hot and cold soups, good salads, freshly made pasta, and a choice of entrees which always includes at least one beef and one seafood entree plus some specialties! I think you will love the food.

On most cruise ships, I say the food in the dining room is so good I don't need the specialty restaurants. We make an exception for Sabatini's on Princess. It really is outstanding. The charge ususally is $20 and your should make your reservations as soon as you board the ship.

Here is menu from Sabatini's. (The other restaurants on this page are from Sapphire and Diamond, not on Golden.)

Specialty Menus

The waiter told us to just order our "Secundi Platti" -- on the rest of the menu they bring you EVERYTHING!

Have a GREAT cruise!

Our favorite specialty restaurant on the Golden is the Desert Rose. I think it was something like $15 pp and the steaks were great. If you go to Sabatini's, which I highly recommend, then go, say as soon as they open, on the day you board because it should not be very crowded and you'll receive top notch service.

The food in the dining room on the Golden was top quality this August. Now the Horizon Court buffet quality is another story but that discussion is for another thread.

I'm betting the food in the specialty restaurants and in the dining rooms on the Golden will be just as good for you as well.

Archived