Water Shoes

logan1_2000

Sort of OT for an RCI thread, but this is my cruise line most of the time lately, so I'll ask here:

Anyone know of a good brand/manufacturer of water shoes that does not have bad blister-inducing stitching on the inside?

Thought I had a nice pair from Speedo, bought at Costco, they tore my feet up something fierce inside. Years ago had a good pair, eventually wore out (or got stinky, or both).

I know it is out of season, but I was hoping to purchase in time for Thanksgiving week cruise.

Another vote for the land's end ones, they look like sneakers but are water shoes. They are called "sea and sport" shoes or something similiar. I have used mine for the last couple of cruises

You can also look into "crocs" which are plastic ( not sticky) and they are sooooo comfortable and they float

Any idea where to get these since its not summer any longer

Lands End still has a limited selection online

womens http://www.landsend.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?search=sport%20shoe&store=ov&sort=popularity&tab=women&refer=/cd/frontdoor/&CM_MERCH=SRCH&sid=2584147259639165980&bc=1

mens http://www.landsend.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?sid=2584147259639165980&refer=/cd/frontdoor/&sort=popularity&search=sport%20shoe&store=ov&bc=0#men

My local Walmart still has some, not sure about the quality or comfort though.

I have a pair of Keen's and they are soooo comfy...the nurses at our local hospital wear them in the O.R. since they are on their feet all day..I even got my husband a pair and trust me, he doesn't wear things like that.....and my 7-year-old wears his every day to school!

I've heard that Crocs are so comfy, but they are way too wide for my foot, they won't stay on! I'm looking for a good pair to wear hiking up Dunn's River Falls next year - would Lands End water shoes be the best for this activity?

They were perfect for hiking through the rainforest in Belize on the way to cave tubing and then the cave tubing itself and since they are "sneakers" they have a nice sole like a sneaker and they drain the water. We have used them kayaking, hiking, and anywhere you need to walk and get wet

You can also look into "crocs" which are plastic ( not sticky) and they are sooooo comfortable and they float

I agree, thats what I use for cruising and around the hot tub at home all year around.

They were perfect for hiking through the rainforest in Belize on the way to cave tubing and then the cave tubing itself and since they are "sneakers" they have a nice sole like a sneaker and they drain the water. We have used them kayaking, hiking, and anywhere you need to walk and get wet

Just what I wanted - thx :D !

Lands End is great but they are getting limited. Just ordered some for myself and children for our Sept. 14th cruise!!!:) Go to their web site then go to overstocks. Just a hint if your shoe size is an 8 or smaller try the girls(more selection) overstock in both the in-season savings section and footwear section of the overstocks.(hope I am making since) You may have to call the operator for a size conversion. I think a kids' size 7=a womens'8. A plus Lands End products can be returned at your local Sears store. Good Luck!!:)

I'm looking for a good pair to wear hiking up Dunn's River Falls next year - would Lands End water shoes be the best for this activity?

Thanks, this was my primary type of use--lounging around the pool or hot tub, not so much, have other choices for that. Thanks for all the replies--too bad the lands end are out of stock and just have a few sizes available in the overstock (thanks for going to the trouble of posting the links, though).

Regarding water shoes, should I really worry about getting them?

We'll be snorkeling one time, and on the beach, but I'm sure we'll want

to be barefoot on the sand.

Should I spend the money for water shoes just to wear snorkeling?

Do we really need them?

(I found some on sale at LL Bean)

Thanks!

:)

My husband just got a bare of knock off crocs and loves them. I love my Sperry's. They look just like sneakers so are pretty rugged and very comfortable. We live in the FL. Keys so use them whenever we are swimming in the water. The water here has a lot of seagrass and coral. I think I got my Sperry's through overstock. It has been a couple of years so I can't remember. Can tell you that they really hold up!!!

I have a pair of Keen's and they are soooo comfy...the nurses at our local hospital wear them in the O.R. since they are on their feet all day..I even got my husband a pair and trust me, he doesn't wear things like that.....and my 7-year-old wears his every day to school!

Keens are GREAT! There are many styles and some neat colors! I wore my Keen water shoes/sandals for all my excursions in Italy! They are so great! I also wear them in the water!!!:D

You may want to consider Tevas. They were originally designed for river rafters, I believe. Not the most attractive shoes, but serviceable, and mine have lasted for ten years of boating, wave running, beach going, and other types of water abuse.

The Land's End ones are much cuter though.

Archived