RCCL Reps

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering, has anyone else had bad experiences with RCCL reps. I've had to call regarding a reservation I have on the Freedom and everyone I talked to was really nasty and unfriendly.

The people in Custom Air act like they're doing you a hugh favor just talking to you. Then you get, oh, we can't do this and we can't do that...what the heck do they do for $50 extra per person??

Ok, now I'm done venting...had to complain to someone. The RCCL reps don't want to hear anything.

Thanks for listening:)

Mommomporkchop

(Kathy)

I had a bad experience with my 3rd cruise. That's why I prefer to book with a Travel Agent now so they are the ones that have to deal with RCCL customer service. The cruise experience itself is absolutely wonderful, but dealing with customer service can be hit or miss.

Unfortunately customer service seems to be going by the wayside lately all over. People just have forgotten how to be a little kind or helpful if they can. We are quick to pop off or be abrupt and forget the problems we are having are not the fault of the person on the other end of the line. I see it more and more.

I've only had 1 problem with one. And I chalk that up to him not knowing what I was asking for and being unknowledgeable. I just called C & A and they got 'er done. I even emailed one when I got back from my cruise, thanking him for his help booking and that I had a wonderful time and he actually emailed back that he was glad I had a good time and that he could be of such help.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with customer service! I have dealt with both really nice people who WANTED to help, and others who seemed very unhappy with their job. The guy I talked to who booked my last cruise was great!! When I needed things changed to the reservation, most of the time, they were helpful. However, (C&A listen up....) when I returned from my cruise and called C & A directly about a question I had regarding my membership, the lady was quite snippy with me, all I asked was if I could get a new membership card sent out to me? Unfortunately it's becoming the way of the world for people to be in such a hurry in their own lives they don't take the time to give great customer service anymore.

I have always had very helpfull customer service representatives when I have called RCCL.

I just have to mention how many rude customers I deal with on a daily basis. Alot of times I have to stop myself from being a little snippy myself. The worst are people using cell phones!

Go to a good travel agent and let them handle ALL problems and concerns. The best thing is it cost no more and she give us a bottle of wine.

She also monitors the price and calls me when the price has dropped and gets me the lower price.

The way I look at it my time is worth more than sitting in front of a computer checking if my cabin price has gone down or talking on a phone to a rude customer service rep.

I've dealt extensively with C&A desk and have always been treated cordially as well as professionally. I'm sorry some people have had problems. I've called every week asking about any price drops and they've checked repeated times always ending with asking if there is anything else they could do to help. When I had a ? about my cabin that they had an answer that I felt might be wrong, they e-mailed the ship and called me at home with the answer as soon as they recieved it. When I screwed up my reservation online by changing cabins they promptly reinstated the correct fare and e-mailed me an invoice. I couldn't ask for any better customer service than what I've had.:D

For those of you who have had poor service might I suggest that you use the C&A desk. I think their best reps are there.

:) Thanks to all for your input with my little gripe. Maybe I just spoke to some folks who were having a bad day:confused:

No matter, I'll still book with RCCL in the future and hopefully if I need to speak with a rep, I'll get lucky and get someone having a good day.

Freedom Here We Come!

11/5/06

Thanks all,

Mommompork

(Kathy)

Don't forget, if you don't like the answer you get from the first rep keep calling back till you get an answer you like. It may not be the right answer, but perhaps you can get a range of answers that can give you an idea of what "could" happen. :p Regardless of the cruise line most of them never have the complete answer.

That phone # is the best as they are Wichita KS not Miami, which seems to have the numskulls working there. Wichita has the best folks, who get promoted as Loyalty Ambassadors onboard ships. Nolan, my Diamond Rep at C&A just was promoted so I await folks to have met & talked to him as he is the greatest. 888-437-1953 is the number.

RCI has three call centers with one center in Springfield Oregon. To make such a broad statement that the Miami reps are numbskulls is just plain stupid. I guess the state of Ohio is free of numbskulls? :rolleyes:

I've had some so-so TA's that were just out for a buck and didn't do the type of research that I would do for myself. In all fairness to TA's, it's harder for them to make their living when we can do some much ourselves. BUT, on the other hand, I've also worked directly with the agencies and find many more discrepencies because they don't have to hear from me again.

If you are fortunate to be refered to a really good TA, it takes so much of the work out of it for you, not to mention the perks ,. I still check the prices and all, but when I call my TA, and I have the best time talking with her. She will call me back 5 times a day if need be, to the point where I say, "Nah I can find that out don't worry," and she graciously insists on doing the work!

Now one hand washes the other here of course. She is really good to me, and I have gotten her lots of clients that are equally impressed with her work ethics.

I'm sure that it's an individual experiance and what's been great for one, was a dissaster for another.

I'd mention that my TA cruises often throughout the year, and I wonder if that doesn't really help to keep her in the know?

I haven't cruised with Royal Caribbean yet, but I do have a cruise booked for next year. I booked directly with them over the phone, and I have to say that I was really disappointed with the short, I don't have time, snippy tone I've gotten all three times I have called. Based on my experiences, Carnival definatley has better service here! With Carnival the rep was extremely friendly, spent a lot of time searching for just the right cruise for me and continued to follow up with mail, emails and phone calls to be sure everything was just right. They also call a week before you leave and after you return. I guess I was expecting Royal Caribbean to meet or exceed the level of customer service I am use to when dealing with Carnival. Huge mistake!

I'm still waiting for the travel brochure I requested 2 months ago from Royal Caribbean so my kids could look at the ship instead of just seeing it on the computer. With Carnival I received it within a week after requesting it.

I am looking forward to my Royal Caribbean cruise, but I really hope the staff on the ship is better than the ones answering the phones! I'm thinking the cruise itself must be incredible becasue I can't imagine anyone returning to Royal Caribbean based on their friendly customer service.

queenj, you should call and request the brochures again. They just came out with the new brochures for 2007 - 2008 this week. The 2006 - 2007 did not have deck plans so they wouldn't have done you any good.

Thanks for the info wrp96, I just called and requested the new brochure. Rep was just matter of fact, which was better than I was expecting, so no complaints from me as long as I actually get the brochure.

I forgot to mention that earlier in the year a Miami rep transferred me to a UK rep because he couldn't answer my question. He was very upbeat and friendly, but was unable to help because he was overseas and couldn't understand why I was transferred to him. Frankly, I couldn't either, I think they just wanted me to hang up. Maybe the management in the Miami office doesn't set a good example for the staff. I have a feeling the tone at the Miami call center is miserable and it comes across on the phone. For the lucky few who have had a good experience calling RCCL, count your blessings. I've been thinking they need to make some changes for a long time now and would love to hear a helpful voice next time I call.

Always friendly when I contact them. However, ask the same question to 10 different reps and you are likely to get 5 different answers. You get more reliable answers and better information right here from cruisecritic! Thank you fellow cruise freaks.

I haven't cruised with Royal Caribbean yet, but I do have a cruise booked for next year. I booked directly with them over the phone, and I have to say that I was really disappointed with the short, I don't have time, snippy tone I've gotten all three times I have called. Based on my experiences, Carnival definatley has better service here! With Carnival the rep was extremely friendly, spent a lot of time searching for just the right cruise for me and continued to follow up with mail, emails and phone calls to be sure everything was just right. They also call a week before you leave and after you return. I guess I was expecting Royal Caribbean to meet or exceed the level of customer service I am use to when dealing with Carnival. Huge mistake!

I'm still waiting for the travel brochure I requested 2 months ago from Royal Caribbean so my kids could look at the ship instead of just seeing it on the computer. With Carnival I received it within a week after requesting it.

I am looking forward to my Royal Caribbean cruise, but I really hope the staff on the ship is better than the ones answering the phones! I'm thinking the cruise itself must be incredible becasue I can't imagine anyone returning to Royal Caribbean based on their friendly customer service.

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience. I ordered two brouchers online and they were at my house in less than 1 week. Try ordering online, one for each of your kids. It'll come in the mail for them and they will be psyched to each have their own. My Hawaii broucher even had my name printed on the cover.

as C&A is Wichita & every time I have had a rude person, they are in MIAMI! Ohio has their share as does every state especially NY!

RCI has three call centers with one center in Springfield Oregon. To make such a broad statement that the Miami reps are numbskulls is just plain stupid. I guess the state of Ohio is free of numbskulls? :rolleyes:

Archived