Navigator of the Seas eastern 9/23 review (long)

Navigator of the seas is an AWSOM ship. We started our trip out a day early and stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel which is directly across the water from the dock. I would highly recommend this hotel if you can get a good rate. We were lucky and got our room for $98 and we had the best view of the piers from the large picture window in our room. We were so excited we got up at 5 am to watch the ship come in and it was a wonderful site. The food at the hotel is VERY expensive so I would not recommend eating there.

We arrived at the pier around 11:15 am. We were held in a small waiting area for a few minutes then sent up stairs where we had our first photo op then off to check in. Check in was quick and smooth and within 15 minutes we were on the ship. We headed to the café promenade for sandwiches as we are not big on buffets. We enjoyed sitting at the little table watching everyone arrive and it was much quieter than the windjammer.

We were not given a table assignment on our sea pass so had to wait until the maitre d was available to get a table assignment. I was not impressed with the maitre d, he did not have much to say just assigned us a table and said next. We ended up at a great table with wonderful table mates from all around the world. Think we were the loudest table there.

The ship was in great shape and was very clean. There is so much to do that my DH had to keep reminding me that we couldn’t do it all. I tried though. We had a balcony cabin just aft of the hump on deck 7. We could feel a vibration most nights but after the first night we got use to it and it actually helped lull us to sleep,

We had rough seas the first sea day which affected me but I tried to keep going. We had our M&M at 1:30. Great turn out!! KK Cruisin organized a scavenger hunt for us so we could get familiar with the ship. It was a lot of fun. I’m so glad I got found this board. The people I met at the M&M were like old friends.

Because of the rough seas I made it to the first formal night but had to leave before my dinner arrived. DH enjoyed it for me. Think he had my desert too!! :eek:

Our first port was San Juan. I was not overly impressed with what I saw but several people said they had a great time on the excursions they took. We didn’t do any excursions just walked around. Next time I will sign up for one of the excursions.

St. Thomas was wonderful. We spent the morning at Meagans beach and the afternoon shopping. Don’t miss the sky car ride. The view from the top is amazing. We sat and had a drink at the bar up the and took in view. Would have loved to spent more time at this port. The day went too fast.

St. Marteen was beautiful. Our ATV excursion was cancelled so we went snorkeling at Dawn’s beach in the morning and of course shopping in the afternoon. The water taxis is the best way to get to the shopping area and you can ride it all day for $6 per person.

Did not go into Nassau instead spent the afternoon at the spa. We did the combination Rasual with couples massage/Float. Absolutely Wonderful.

We thought the food and the service in the dining room was very good most nights. We ate at chops on Caribbean night. I know people on this board suggest it is a good night to miss and our waiter told us the same thing. Chops was worth every penny. Wish I had a restaurant locally where you could get a comparable meal for around that price. A meal like that here would cost around $100 or more. We ate every other meal in the dinning room because we had such great table mates. We also ate breakfast and most lunches there as well because we enjoyed meeting new people.

Our room attendant was efficient & polite but not overly friendly. Anything we asked for was taken care of quickly.

If I had anything less then positive to say it would be that I thought the Cruise director and his staff were not very personable. They were friendly but not warm. The cruise director was not very visible except at events. I can’t say they did a bad job they just lacked a little in areas but still made for an enjoyable trip.

We had white (first) tags for disembarking but changed them to a later time as our flight did not leave until 2:30. Our color was called around 10:30 and it took 45 minutes to get through customs. After that we quickly found our luggage and shared a taxi with another couple back to the airport. On the way we got one last look at the ship then it was back to reality. :mad:

There is so much to tell you about this ship but I think this is long enough. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

I really enjoyed your review. We'll be on the NOS for the second time in Dec. Do you remember which night is Caribbean night? W e went to Portifino's on Caribbean night last year and really loved it. We decided to go again this year, but cann't remember which night it was. Oh, your review has me really excited . Thanks Judi :)

I'm glad you enjoyed my review. It made me sad to write it because I had to face reality that it is over. We don't have our next cruise planned until Jan 2008 on the Mariner.

Dinner in the dining room was as follows:

Sunday was Formal

Monday was Venetian

Tuesday was Caribbean

Wednesday was lobster

Thursday was Formal

FridayFeast of Nations

Dawn beach still has alot of construction going on around it but once we were on the beach we didn't notice any noise from it. The water was pretty rough and the snorkling was not the best. We did not see many fish. It was a nice spot to spend a few hours but think next time we will do a little research and find a better place for snorkling.

I forgot to tell you if you have never been to the Quest be sure not to miss it, We had no idea what it was ablut only that everyone said to go. Well let me tell you we had more fun. Sit down front and participate and you will have a blast.

Init4fun:

Just off Navigator 9/9/06 sailing.

Caribbean night was Tuesday, Lobster was Wednesday and 2nd Formal was Thursday. I think they called Monday night ,"Western night" not sure what that was about.

Lots of people missed lobster assuming it would be Formal night.

Carribean night is some peoples,not all, but some, least favorite night in the dining room and the most popular night for Specialty restaurants. If you like Carribean food like Jerk Chicken then dont worry about it but I really dont like much they have to offer that night.

First time on RC in Feb. '07. What is Caribbean night?

Gonig on NOS in Feb 07 too -- which week are you going? We're on 2/17 (President's Week - roll call below).

Are the dining room themes the same for the Western Carib itinerary? That's what we'll be on .

Love all the great things I keep reading about this ship. Can't wait.

Archived