Learned something new today about cabin guarantees

Jeano222

1929, I posted my personal experience and also what was said to me by Celebrity. When we got our cabin assignments the second time, they were both good locations, so I didn't call to see if there were any better cabin locations. To me it makes sense for them not to assign cabin numbers until final payment. It's at that point they know what kind of true availability there is. In my original post, we both did get bad cabin locations and on separate decks, but there was availability on the same deck next to each other, so we could change. Had the ship been full, then we would have to take what they gave us. If I had a specific cabin that I wanted, I wouldn't chance doing a guarantee unless the cost is significantly lower so at 1100.00 cheaper, I would jump on that.

Jeano222- You were not the only one who was able to change, I searched and saw others did too, so I think the woman from X last night just didnt know. What is so weird now is that so many other SS's opened up this morning, I guess a lot of people (OK about 5) saw this price drop and jumped. My reservation is being worked on right now so I cant get into it, I'm assuming they are doing my cabin and the good news is that my original cabin is not available right now either. I hope they are giving it back to me!!

I'll let you know what happens!!!

I'll be crossing my fingers for ya 1929! I would not expect that X would tell anyone in advance when booking or rebooking a guarantee that if they don't like location they can change if there is availability, that would defeat their purpose. I know when I talked to X the first time when I switched locations, she knew nothing about it being booked originally as a guarantee, she said it shows you have assigned category 9 cabin at a very low price, let me see if there are any category 9's more midship and close together. Now I'm afraid the Celebrity police will be hot on my tail for even posting this. I never knew this could be done, and I wanted to let others know about it.

Jean- Did you go through Captain's Club? B/c I got our assignment and out of about 10 or 11 available cabins its one of the 3 that I absolutely did not want. Its on deck 9 right below the lido deck. All the others are on deck 6. So I called to change and they told me I couldnt but that maybe I could through CC. But now they cant get into my reservation. My original room is still there and we can just pay back the difference so we wont be any worse off. But I just wonder why its not working for me. They have it down as a guarantee.

Archived