Upstairs or Downstairs-Mercury Dining Room

awinner

I had heard that table 606 was a great one and so I called the dining coordinator and requested it. ( I had a Sky Suite and was given preference, but I don't know if everyone can at least try to request). The table was upstairs on the railing at the aft windows. We LOVED it!!!!

I had heard that table 606 was a great one and so I called the dining coordinator and requested it. ( I had a Sky Suite and was given preference' date=' but I don't know if everyone can at least try to request). The table was upstairs on the railing at the aft windows. We LOVED it!!!![/quote']

how many did that table seat?

Just wondering what peoples opinions are of the dining room situation onboard Mercury. Do you prefer to sit up or down stairs, and why? What are the pros and cons of either?:confused:

Definately upstairs---better for people watching and no danger of spillage from above. Also if ship is sinking, you have more time to finish dinner.

Ditto to the above!

I don't think you can choose where you sit. So this might be moot. Celebrity tries to seat people with those of the same age and/or lifestyle. For example- people with children sit with other people with children.

So it is probably a nightmare when people want to sit in a certain spot. I have sailed five times with Celebrity and have never been unhappy with where i was seated. If you chose to sit at a table of eight or more- you probably will get one by the window. This seemed to be the case with me. The two tops are ususally against the railing or somewhere away from the windows.

Archived