Stolen Hubcaps

kingfish78734

In response to the OP:

You say repeatedly this has nothing to do with the hubcaps and nothing to do with money, yet by your own account you originally called the owner to ask for reimbursement for your stolen hubcaps. When the owner replied that you should file it with your insurance, you immediately insinuated that you would file a lawsuit. Sounds like it was about the money from the get go.

That said, there's nothing wrong with admitting that this is about getting money back you believe you are due. If I put my car in a lot that advertised itself as "secure," I would certainly expect them to make good faith efforts to ensure they delivered. If they did not, I would expect to be reimbursed for damage that they did nothing to prevent.

Maybe this is all about semantics - you say it's about customer service, but from your original post, it seemed that customer service meant financial compensation. Or would you truly be satisfied with nothing more than an apology that your car was vandalized? I sure wouldn't!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but merely getting his car back to a similar condition that it was when it was first parked hardly qualifies as financial compensation. I don't believe the OP was threatening to sue them for mental anguish (although he's had plenty) or loss of affection from his wife over everything. Someone looking to get rich would certainly be asking for far more than just the cost to replace which was stolen. I certainly don't think he's out of line here.

For me, I've parked at both EZ and now Lighthouse, and I'll certainly use Lighthouse again. It's a bit tough parking my 6 foot wide van into a spot that's only 7 feet wide. While I have no serious complaint with EZ, just poor service, I found Lighthouse to be better suited to us and better customer service. The OP has a legitimate complaint, and is not looking to get rich quick here at all. I wish him well in his pursuit.

With all due respect to you . . . I still haven't a clue about what it means to "smack someone on their pee pee" . . . and I also have no doubt that there is not a judge, in any jursidiction, that would "smack" anyone anywhere . . . especially on one's "private parts."

TO "smack someone on their pee pee means........". Oh, never mind. ;)

And...check out all of post #90 Rickyf5's posts!! All have been praising EZ Cruise!!! Makes you wonder, huh??

I also wonder how someone who does not know anything about the OP vehicle could "look up" the cost of their stolen hubcaps. Sounds like maybe EZ Cruise posts to CC!!!

Very observant. Ricky is pretty verbose for his sixth post! :D

I think it cost more to park at the Port parking lots and I think it is the same or a little more to park at the Lighthouse.

EZ Cruise owns their own Busses and they use the ones that help keep the cost to you and me down.

When I booked my parking for last week's cruise I checked the websites for EZ, Lighthouse and the Port of Galveston. Port of Galveston was about $20 more than the others. EZ and Lighthouse had the exact same price. Knowing from last year's experience that EZ has their lot striped for compact cars, I chose to give Lighthouse a try. We drive a full-sized van.

Who told you that EZ owns all of their own busses? When we took the Elation last summer, we were parked at the EZ lot. The shuttle line upon debarkation was horribly long. When we asked the EZ employee what had happened, he told us that the guy that the owner rents from each port day was not answering his phone early in the morning. When they finally got ahold of the guy, they only had the one regular sized van for rent that day and couldn't get any other vehicles to transport guests back to the parking lot. We had to wait for nearly 2 hours before we finally got a ride. I had too dang much luggage to drag it there by myself.

Why doesn't everyone ease up on the OP. He's not looking to get rich quick. He is merely looking to have something put back the way it was before his vacation. Geez. So many people are making him out to be the bad guy, like he's trying to get an amendment to the constitution just for his own benefit. Let's lighten up folks. If you want to keep patronizing EZ parking, go right ahead. That's certainly you're right. I happen to prefer Lighthouse which is my right as well. Time to give up all the whiney petty comments towards the OP. I don't know the man, but I can certainly understand his anguish and his right to be upset. My dog went into Renal Failure while we were cruising last week. I've got much bigger worries.

Take a look at this persons posting history. They have been a member since May of 04. Every post is about EZ. ;) Me thinks that this person works for EZ or is the owner.

Gosh, that makes it more interesting. Hmmmm, no cruise experience at all, just parking experience? :rolleyes: Who parks there for a week, and doesn't go on a cruise? Or at least post comments about their cruise. :eek:

Sorry, but I just want to clarify a couple of other points:

1) I never once mentioned money or $400 to Cindy, the owner, in our one and only conversation. In the phone conversation with her she said "you need to call the police and file a police report". I said, verbatim, "Okay, I will, but what about my hubcaps?" She said "That's what your insurance is for". I couldn't believe her attitude and smarminess. At that point I believed she had stated her position and said "No, that's what lawyers are for, goodbye". I didn't ask for money, although, I suppose I expected compensation to cover the cost of replacing the hubcaps as I really didn't expect HER to order hubcaps for MY car and then send them to me. When I stated on this thread that my hubcaps cost $400, I was basing that figure on my original paperwork showing how much the accessories and upgraded equipment cost from the factory. I have since found replacement hubcaps (used) for $35 each or $140 for a set of four.

2) If Cindy further intended to discuss and resolve this situation with me, she had, at the time, the employee's cell phone number and could have called back as the employee was still in the parking lot for quite some time. If she had, perhaps, reconsidered her position after I completed the police report and had left, she could easily (and still can, btw) have found my email address (it begins with "kingfish78734" duh) because I booked with EZCruise online, which requires your address and then they send you email confirmation. I have yet to, but would LOVE to hear from her to resolve this situation, because God knows I would rather this be resolved amicably than have to: 1)Drive to Galveston to spend the day in Small Claims Court (it is an 8 hour round trip), 2)Drive to Galveston on my day off (these are precious to me), 3)Ask the witnesses (on my behalf) to go to Galveston on THEIR day off (or miss a day of work), and finally 4) Continue to share this event with everyone I possibly can to hopefully prevent anyone else from having a similar experience.

Is expecting an apology and that my hubcaps be replaced too high a price?

With all due respect to you . . . I still haven't a clue about what it means to "smack someone on their pee pee" . . . and I also have no doubt that there is not a judge, in any jursidiction, that would "smack" anyone anywhere . . . especially on one's "private parts."

You've made your point . . . you've also helped to alert others to the lack of security at this particular parking lot. Now take a deep breath and follow the suggestions given you. This is a cruise board and not somewhere for one to continute to vent one's frustrations over losing one's hubcaps.

1) Ladycaveat, I'm a bit confused. The beginning of your first sentence insists that you "still haven't a clue". Yet, the latter part of that same sentence leads me to believe that you totally understand the literal meaning of "smack on the pee pee". Soooooo...... do you or don't you understand it? I think you've demonstrated that you do, but if you don't understand that I was speaking figuratively, then perhaps I should have said "I would love to see the judge PROVERBIALLY smack her on her pee pee".

2) As regards to your second paragraph, you have the right to express your opinion. I also have the right to express mine. Given this, I don't understand you somehow assuming authority over these boards by telling me that "This is a cruise board and not somewhere for one to continue to vent one's frustrations over losing one's hubcaps". Wow.............. I mean...... WOW!! Do you actually believe you have the authority to suppress my freedom of speech on these boards or to even suggest such? That's pretty self-aggrandizing and not just a little high browed, don'tcha think? I'm not trying to be sarcastic....I'm simply astounded. (P.S.: I'm not saying this AT you LadyC, but I sooooo wanted to say "Who died and made YOU king?"...er....sorry:o LOL )

And...check out all of post #90 Rickyf5's posts!! All have been praising EZ Cruise!!! Makes you wonder, huh??

I also wonder how someone who does not know anything about the OP vehicle could "look up" the cost of their stolen hubcaps. Sounds like maybe EZ Cruise posts to CC!!!

It makes NO difference how much the hubcaps cost $1 or $1000. If they were stolen while the vehicle was parked in a secured lot, then the owner of the lot should be responsible for replacing the hubcaps.

If you would be paying attention you would have read where he said they were for Dodge 1 step above stock equipt. Yes it does make a difference how much they cost. I wish I was the owner then I could drive those cool orange buses. If you think I work there everyone stand up and solute.

Luckily Tim only lost hubcaps. What if the theif decided to go further....break into his vehichle and take his "factory" stereo and other personal belongings? It's still a violation of "his" personal property. (Put the shoe on the other foot) This is why insurance premiums go up, and I certainly wouldn't want to place a claim if another party is responsible. I'm certain EZCruise has liability insurance, but they'd be wise to settle in some way with Tim and continue to beef up security like they said.

Pardon my ignorance here; maybe one of the lawyers or legal advisers can put their two cents here. Are businesses suppose to carry some type of insurance coverage that cover events like this one?

Count me in as one who also thinks that post 90 is the owner or manager of EZ. Also why does Cindy refer the caller to a woman? Maybe someone else lost their hubcaps also.

Linda

Hey Linda, Do you think next time I go on a cruise and I loose luggage I can call the police and blame EZ Cruise and also get some hubcaps? WOW!! I am getting alot of ideas from everyone!!!!

If you would be paying attention you would have read where he said they were for Dodge 1 step above stock equipt. Yes it does make a difference how much they cost. I wish I was the owner then I could drive those cool orange buses. If you think I work there everyone stand up and solute.

Doesn't explain why your only posts on this site are for propping up this business. If it walks and quacks like a duck then ........:rolleyes:

Take a look at this persons posting history. They have been a member since May of 04. Every post is about EZ. ;) Me thinks that this person works for EZ or is the owner.

If you think I'm the owner please stand up and solute. Have you ever had your luggage lost? Who paid for it? Did you stand up yet? Have you ever parked in Galveston? Do you really believe you are safe now in front of your computer? Have you stood up yet, I would love to hear from you that you soluted.

Doesn't explain why your only posts on this site are for propping up this business. If it walks and quacks like a duck then ........:rolleyes:

I am a Longhorn thru and thru no Oregan Duck!! Did you like the game sat. Oh by the way the Ducks lost.

If you think I'm the owner please stand up and solute. Have you ever had your luggage lost? Who paid for it? Did you stand up yet? Have you ever parked in Galveston? Do you really believe you are safe now in front of your computer? Have you stood up yet, I would love to hear from you that you soluted.

What is soluted? Do you mean salute??? :rolleyes: I won't add anymore to this thread as I don't want it to get pulled. Folks need to know about EZ to avoid it.

Pardon my ignorance here; maybe one of the lawyers or legal advisers can put their two cents here. Are businesses suppose to carry some type of insurance coverage that cover events like this one?

I had my car broke into at 6 flags can I sue them?

What is soluted? Do you mean salute??? :rolleyes: I won't add anymore to this thread as I don't want it to get pulled. Folks need to know about EZ to avoid it.

Thank you for reading my mistake. Did you stand up and salute? Have you ever parked in Galveston? Go Horns

I think th OP should stae his case in writing to Cindy enclosing the pictures as proof of the lost and quotes for replacement covers ansd ask in a calm manner for compensation. He could also mention that he has posted here and will in the future and if they can come to an agreement that that will also be posted here.

He probably caught here blind sided at a busy time and a calmer stance should prevail.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but merely getting his car back to a similar condition that it was when it was first parked hardly qualifies as financial compensation. I don't believe the OP was threatening to sue them for mental anguish (although he's had plenty) or loss of affection from his wife over everything. Someone looking to get rich would certainly be asking for far more than just the cost to replace which was stolen. I certainly don't think he's out of line here.

For me, I've parked at both EZ and now Lighthouse, and I'll certainly use Lighthouse again. It's a bit tough parking my 6 foot wide van into a spot that's only 7 feet wide. While I have no serious complaint with EZ, just poor service, I found Lighthouse to be better suited to us and better customer service. The OP has a legitimate complaint, and is not looking to get rich quick here at all. I wish him well in his pursuit.

Who said anything about suing anyone for "mental anguish" or him trying to get "rich?"

I simply said that although he says it's NOT the money, I believe it certainly was or he would not have asked for "compensation" (HIS word) when he first contacted the owner, nor would he have thrown the "lawyer" word around when the response from the owner was unsatisfactory.

Finally, I agree he has a legit complaint, and as I stated, I think the company SHOULD replace his hubcaps. Seems to me THEY should carry insurance for this type of thing. In fact, they probably do and it's just a matter of filing a claim.

to Ricky: I guess I still do not understand how you determined his hubcaps. Sure, they were for a Dodge, but they are many models. HOw would someone reading posts on the internet pretend to know what kind of upgraded hubcaps were on a certain model and how much they cost?

Also, I fail to understand why the owner Cindy and you were the only people who keep referencing the OP as "her".

If in fact you are just a cheerleader for EZ Cruise and not the owner/manager, then you may need to just step back and look at this situation and the world logicially. By that I mean, successful businesses do not operate with poor service...they may operate, but not for the long haul.

I manage my own rental properties, and I can tell you that it is aggravating as h#!! when someone calls telling you that the pipes are leaking, water heater is broken, etc. But that is the down side of a business. The buck stops somewhere. It stops with the owner of the business. SOmetimes a little cash lay-out in some areas prevents a Huge cash loss elsewhere.

In this case, the failure of EZ Cruise to properly handle a problem has/will most likely cost them many times over the cost of just cutting a check to the OP. I know I will avoid them. When other people look around the internet for recommendations on where to park, they will probably go to Lighthouse or port parking and avoid this business. WHy knowingly put yourself thru the aggravation, not to mention the the monetary loss/damage, when you could just go somewhere else and not have to worry about your vehicle's condition when you return?

SInce you know Cindy, good advice to her would be to swallow her pride & contact the OP and cut a check, not for his cost to replace the hubcaps, but the original cost of the stolen hubcaps. Good customer service will be rewarded, while poor customer service will cause decreased future business

If my mind has not escaped from me.........There was a post not to to long ago about flooding in Galveston, People were getting off the ship and found there cars in 2 feet of water. Some one said that when they asked about getting some help to get to the cars that no one would help. Does anyone remember this? I bet it was at EZcruise that had the flooding in the lower parking lot. I am part detective so I am going on the hunt for that post.

No did not stand up to salute. I only do that for the truth.

Linda

:)

to Ricky: I guess I still do not understand how you determined his hubcaps. Sure, they were for a Dodge, but they are many models. HOw would someone reading posts on the internet pretend to know what kind of upgraded hubcaps were on a certain model and how much they cost?

Also, I fail to understand why the owner Cindy and you were the only people who keep referencing the OP as "her".

If in fact you are just a cheerleader for EZ Cruise and not the owner/manager, then you may need to just step back and look at this situation and the world logicially. By that I mean, successful businesses do not operate with poor service...they may operate, but not for the long haul.

I manage my own rental properties, and I can tell you that it is aggravating as h#!! when someone calls telling you that the pipes are leaking, water heater is broken, etc. But that is the down side of a business. The buck stops somewhere. It stops with the owner of the business. SOmetimes a little cash lay-out in some areas prevents a Huge cash loss elsewhere.

In this case, the failure of EZ Cruise to properly handle a problem has/will most likely cost them many times over the cost of just cutting a check to the OP. I know I will avoid them. When other people look around the internet for recommendations on where to park, they will probably go to Lighthouse or port parking and avoid this business. WHy knowingly put yourself thru the aggravation, not to mention the the monetary loss/damage, when you could just go somewhere else and not have to worry about your vehicle's condition when you return?

SInce you know Cindy, good advice to her would be to swallow her pride & contact the OP and cut a check, not for his cost to replace the hubcaps, but the original cost of the stolen hubcaps. Good customer service will be rewarded, while poor customer service will cause decreased future business

How do you know OP is not a her? Since you know OP tell IT to call Cindy and prove to her that they were lost there. Why didn't anybody else get something taken? There seems to be alot of cruisers on this link. Do you think a thief would only take hubcaps?? If you were not a homer of his you would ask him where he got his price and what year his vehicle is. No i'm not a cheerleader like you are to the OP. By the way how do you know he lost them there. Were you there? When you say go somewhere else i'm with you. Have you ever meet Cindy? Do you know her personality her beliefs? I know yours and they are get on OP band wagon and cheer like a cheerleader. I don;t have any first hand knowledge of this but I would like to know, do you if so how? So swallow your pride and tell us who are you and what is OP to you. Does this sound familiar in your head "GO OP" "GO OP"

Archived