Port Everglades Terminal #???

TaraBelle1069

We used to rent our cars from that Budget location as we always stay at Hyatt Pier 66 pre/post cruise. DH could walk (or hop a courtesy car ride) to Budget and pick up the car. One of the big advantages is you don't have to go to the airport to return it.

You can never be sure in advance which terminal your ship will be at....if there is more than one HAL ship in port, you won't know at which terminal your ship will be docked. There is a big board once you enter Port Everglades that tells which dock the ships are at that day....Not to mention you need only look and you will see your 'dam' ship.

Also to add to Sail's info - you very likely won't dock on return at the same place you sailed out of so you may have to either take a bus with all your luggage to the parking garage where you left your car or you might take a shuttle and return to pick up your traveling companions and luggage. That is one thing I really don't like about sailing from FLL - when HAL sailed from Pt Canaveral the parking lot was ascross the street and in Tampa it is ascross the street as well - no confusion on disembarcation. In the three times we sailed from FLL only once did we return to the same area.

I believe the rental car locations at the Airport will shuttle you to Port Everglades for free. They also will pick you up. You may want to check into this as it is quite convenient. I agree with the post that says you may being using different cruise ship terminals. It has happened two or three times to us especially during busy times. Ordinarily HAL uses terminal 26 or 25.

That Budget Rental location always had a courtesy shuttle....presumably they still do?? They probably will come pick OP up at the terminal. If she has a cell phone, she can call and make arrangements with them to get her when she knows when she will be disembarking. (If the auto rental is for a post cruise stay.)

Does anyone know what terminal numbers are usually used by HAL at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale)? I've rented a car from Budget which has a location at 17th Street which appears to be near the Convention Center up near Terminals #1 and #2.

Hi TaraBelle,

Most of the time, as of late, HAL uses 24, 25 and 26. Below is a map showing the cruise port area:

http://porteverglades.org/directions-port-everglades.htm

It will be over a mile from the 17th street entrance to each specific dock.

Good luck!

Kel

We have been at 26 coming and going every time except once we came in at 25. Did see the Maasdam once at 27 when we were in 26. These are the 3 main HAL locations. With the Midport Garage right there it is very nice if you drive.

Once we did come him to 4, but I'm sure that is very very rare. All of the Port was mobbed that day and HAL already had 3 ships there.

We've more often than not been at #26 but have been at other terminals at least ten plus times including one time we used the terminal Grand Princess always used. That was AWFUL!!!! Baggage claim was a nightmare.

No way to know in advance which terminal.

When booking with Budget ask for the "EV3" site which is the Port Everglades. Budget will give you a phone number so that you can let them know when you want to be picked up from the port. Using this location will save you the extra taxes that are charged at the Airport location.Have used this in the past and it works well.

When booking with Budget ask for the "EV3" site which is the Port Everglades. Budget will give you a phone number so that you can let them know when you want to be picked up from the port. Using this location will save you the extra taxes that are charged at the Airport location.Have used this in the past and it works well.

That is exactly what I have done. Cruisecritic.com says it is cheaper to pick up at airport which I have learned is not the case due to extra fees imposed by airport location. It also says they don't have a shuttle which is not the case. The trouble I'm having is with the suggestions regarding calling for pick up. I have to do this before we depart (rental is for post-cruise) because I don't have a cell phone that works in the U.S. and I'm certainly not paying ship telephone fees to call for a pick up!! The location opens at 9 a.m. Since I'm not sure when we will disembark I will have to take a guess. I would assume since EV3 is "Cruise Ship Arrivals Only" that they are used to this.

Above poster is correct for Budget

Return

QUAY SHOPPING PLAZA

1515 SE 17TH STREET CAUSEWAY

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 US

F07

phone 954-761-7231

Port pick up

CRUISE SHIP ARRIVALS ONLY

PORT EVERGLADES

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 US

EV3

phone 954-761-7231

I never had to call them the van cruises the the ships at the port

Also you can check Cruise ship berth assignments a few days before Cruising here

http://www.broward.org/port/shipschedule.htm

Archived