Century/ Port of Miami Questions

scottygirl

My friends and I are going on the 1/18/07 4-night Century cruise and I am looking for some inside info!! Two of us are flying into Fort Lauderdale (frequent flyer miles) and need to get to the Port of Miami. I am looking for the most efficient cost effective method to get there. Any suggestions? Also, my TA said embarkation was 2:00 p.m. Is this the earliest you can get on the ship? Our flight arrives at 9:40 am. Any other tips would be appreciated. We are not new to cruising, but new to Celebrity and we are looking forward to it. We are busy Mom's looking for some R & R with class!!:D

Our first time to Miami cruise terminal too to catch the Century, but in Nov. I have read on these boards that you can get a shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami, so hopefully someone will post with more info on that.

As to the boarding time. If we were getting in at the time your flight arrives, I'd have to say, we would go straight to the ship. You might have to wait just a bit to get on board, but it shouldn't be long. Many of us like the people watching part and the excitement of the port!

Good for you "Moms!"

4cruisers,

Please post how your trip went when you get back! I see you are from SoCal. One of my friends that is going on the trip lives in San Diego. She gets to take a "red eye" to Fort Lauderdale! The transfers from Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami are $50pp through Celebrity. I am sure we can do better than that.

The last cruise I was on was Disney and we arrived at the port about 10:30 and embarked at noon. I LOVE to people watch too! Two of us are from Michigan and we are praying for good weather on January 18th.

I knew someone would come through with the info for you! Way to go Slotaddict!

Scottygirl, though I am a So. Cal girl, I was born in E. Lansing Michigan where my Dad was in college at the time! My Dad was born in Petoskey, Michigan. We spent many holidays there over the years.

I PROMISE to post about our cruise when we get home! My e-mail address is listed in my profile, just e-mail me any questions!

Nanette

Archived