Carrib Princess - What is the earliest off ship?

jbrentf

I am examining flight options for our January cruise and was curious what the earliest anyone has ever departed the ship. My recollection from the Golden Princess in 2004 was you could get off as early as 8am or so.

Just got off of the Caribbean Princess on Saturday. We had an 11:50 flight to catch. We asked for the red luggage tags from the purser and were off at 8:45. We were among the first off and had no problem We've had later flights on other cruises and used our assigned luggage tags, got to the airport and found it to be a real mess.

It really depends on when the ship is cleared to disembark. I've gotten in at FLL and been able to disembark the ship before 9AM, other times closer to 10AM. It's recommended that you not book a flight before Noon... but I would definitely not book one before 11:15AM. Too many variables over which you have no control that could delay you.

The first call for early disembarkation on the 9/23 cruise on the CB was about 9 a.m. It all depends on clearance.

Also, be sure to check your flight before you leave the ship. Two days before our cruise was over the airline changed my sons flight time to so early there was no way he could make the flight, cost $45 calling the airline to make the necessary changes. Too much stress, so use the computers to check close to disembarkation. ;)

Jan

I am examining flight options for our January cruise and was curious what the earliest anyone has ever departed the ship. My recollection from the Golden Princess in 2004 was you could get off as early as 8am or so.

My 2 cents ;)

I would be asking for those leaving first, what is the latest anyone got off and make my plans accordingly. Why have you flight depend on a success oriented scenario when we all know things happen. :eek:

We didn't have our flight from Ft Lauderdale until 1pm or so and we made it with plenty of time; that being said, trying to get a taxi after disembarkation was ridiculous.

There were at least a couple hundred people trying to get on the assorted buses and cabs pulling in; we saw a cab pull in and started walking toward it when this elderly lady started making a beeline for it and actually pushed me down and knocked into me with her luggage while I was on the ground. When I stood back up she gave me a nasty look (why, I have no idea) and everyone else was asking me if I was ok and wondering why this old lady knocked me down. She rudely offered me the cab but I told her that if it was that important to her that she could have it. I got the next one in line. Be careful!

As soon as you walk into the luggage terminal, hold up a 10 and call for a porter. He will "fly" over, grab your luggage, get you a taxi and you will be on your way. It is so much better to get to FLL airport early before the "busses" of cruisers. :)

Also depends to some extent on how many ships are in port discharging a couple thousand people... in the winter season there can be long delays at the airport... take that into consideration... Ticket agent on 9/23 said they get a lot of mad folks with those early flights if a ship is delayed till 9:15 or so disembark and people have early flights.. Have always made 11:10 flight with time to spare but that's been in Sept.

Just got off last Saturday. Was in 1st group, which was called at 8:45 am. Had bus transfer to airport. It was 10:15 before we got to the ticket counter. Made our 11 am flight. Would not have made 10:30 am. Would recommand taxi over bus transfer. We sat on the bus waiting for bags to load and unload. PS: beautiful ship, great curise! Will book again.

• 4 months later...

Archived