Best Western Oakland Park Inn in FLL

• 8 months later...
Anyone ever stay at this hotel? I booked it direct so I can cancel it. I wanted something solid until I (hopefully) find a good last minute deal on the Pier 66 or something else. Thing is if I actually do have to stay here is it an ok place?

I see you didn't get any answers; if you've stayed there, I'd likw to hear your comments on it.

Where Is This Hotel? That Will Give Us An Indication If Its In A Good Area Or Not.

Linda

That was so kind of you to write and offer to help.

We are only staying one night but would like to take water taxi plus buy wine for cruise so don't want to get mugged!

The adress is: 3001 N. Federal Hwy FLL.

Thanks

I wouldnt be afraid to stay at a place on Federal Hwy, but Oakland Park can be so so. Its a business type street and lots of traffic so I doubt you would get mugged. To me Ft. Lauderdale is a safer area to stay in than some areas in Miami which have been named.

Its a hard question to answer. Maybe someone down there right now in the area knows this hotel specifically. Seems like you used to be able to purchase some Xrated stuff in this area, but Florida has more liberal laws regarding such shops. I dont remember this exact hotel though, just the general area.

The area is a so so area. There is a topless bar and strip club close by. Really no where near the cruise area. You are about 4 miles from any water taxi stop. (The northern most point of taxi route). Heavy traffic area. There is a good Mexican restuarant on the corner of Oakland Park Blvd. and Federal hwy (Also know as US1). At least I think that restuarant is still there.

You want to try and be on the water taxi route. That would be any where on the 17th st causeway or A1A. Many to choose from.

I am happy to help in any way. Bequila even has produced maps of the areas.

Linda

:) :)

• 3 weeks later...
The area is a so so area. There is a topless bar and strip club close by. Really no where near the cruise area. You are about 4 miles from any water taxi stop. (The northern most point of taxi route). Heavy traffic area. There is a good Mexican restuarant on the corner of Oakland Park Blvd. and Federal hwy (Also know as US1). At least I think that restuarant is still there.

You want to try and be on the water taxi route. That would be any where on the 17th st causeway or A1A. Many to choose from.

I am happy to help in any way. Bequila even has produced maps of the areas.

Linda

:) :)

I reallly appreciate you taking the time to educate me on this area and where it is re. the water taxi.

I hate to ask this questions but who or what is Bequila?

Thanks

Archived